Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861136 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #11085 on: March 19, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »

True, even a paint chip can strike with the force of a nuclear bomb given enough acceleration after all.

So obviously the solution to our tree problem is to create a Aircraft-Carrier size vehicle constructed solely of armor, wheels, and engines. Then crash it into the forest at 400 meters per second
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11086 on: March 20, 2014, 02:38:47 am »

Heh.
Now I have to build a mobile base and install Seans tree mod.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: March 20, 2014, 02:52:30 am »

Speaking of mobility and forests, an offhand idea of mine apparently was so good it was almost immediately added to the game proper. There is now a Cyclist profession, that starts with a lack of things for not-dying-of-hunger-or-disease survival, but is plenty equipped for not-dying-to-zombie-dogs survival. Meaning it starts with a folding bicycle, aka the infinite-use "get away from the zombie horde free" card.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Vortex Rikers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: March 20, 2014, 03:49:12 am »

Only if there is a small chance of your shoelaces getting tied to the bicycle pedals.
Gotta keep it realistic.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: March 20, 2014, 07:06:12 am »

Speaking of mobility and forests, an offhand idea of mine apparently was so good it was almost immediately added to the game proper. There is now a Cyclist profession, that starts with a lack of things for not-dying-of-hunger-or-disease survival, but is plenty equipped for not-dying-to-zombie-dogs survival. Meaning it starts with a folding bicycle, aka the infinite-use "get away from the zombie horde free" card.

In that case, you just take tough feet. Screw shoes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: March 20, 2014, 07:35:42 am »

Are shoe laces implemented in this game? You could disassemble your trainers to get string...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: March 20, 2014, 12:42:29 pm »

Cyclist is pretty damn fun. My first playthrough was hilariously insane, because I zoomed into town, got a gun, then got a SHOTGUN, and blasted away at zombies without any risk to me.

It requires a very different playstyle, however. Your bicycle is God, and cities are the Devil to you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: March 20, 2014, 01:24:06 pm »

Okay I present to you The Titan
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Two APCs, a semi truck, a car and two sports car engines were used in making this beast. That's right it has two v12 engines giving it unrivaled speed despite its six tonnes of pure steel. Only heavy duty frames were used in its construction and it comes with all the tools you ever need on the road from water purifiers to a welder. The inner chamber has opaque doors blocking line of sight and the floor is covered with cargo spaces. The outer ring has handy floor trunks and the quarter panels give unobstructed view of the land around you.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11093 on: March 20, 2014, 02:54:08 pm »

how many gas tanks are int eh monster?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: March 20, 2014, 03:47:54 pm »

how many gas tanks are int eh monster?
Only six.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: March 20, 2014, 04:19:43 pm »

The Titan could easily drive thru small houses, cars and forest tiles with minimal damage to its chassis as long as the speed was under 200km/h. At speeds over 200km/h every cat and bush caused horrible skidding and when you want to ram through something you don't want to expose the weaker sides so if similar machines are ever created ramming speed should be kept below 200km/h.

Even a five point harness won't save you if you ram a building at 1000km/h. I was flung from The Titan and died. At 500km/h a five point harness will save your life. The point when a five point harness becomes useless needs further study.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:23:11 pm by chevil »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: March 20, 2014, 05:04:23 pm »

All this talk of tanks makes me want vehicles with treads. I think a nice future development goal would be improvement on vehicle creation so we can have other stuff instead of wheels, like hover engines, treads and other fancy stuff. Going even more crazy and have gyro's to have a huge spinning disc around the vehicle while you are driving around, and even more crazy to be able to do wheelies and turning at high speeds to cause cars to flip.

I want a racing game ascii RL!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: March 20, 2014, 05:08:55 pm »

Something seems a little wrong if you can get a 6 ton armor plated vehicle up to 1000 kph (~621 mph), the world record for fastest (street legal) car is only ~270 mph.

Also I found it amusing, a very rough calculation estimates at 600 mph your 6 ton vehicle would use almost 3000 gallons of gas... per hour. That's almost a gallon per second - and your 6 tanks, assuming an average of 20 gallons per tank, should only let you drive a bit over two minutes.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:13:47 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: March 20, 2014, 05:20:59 pm »

Something seems a little wrong if you can get a 6 ton armor plated vehicle up to 1000 kph (~621 mph), the world record for fastest (street legal) car is only ~270 mph.

Also I found it amusing, a very rough calculation estimates at 600 mph your 6 ton vehicle would use almost 3000 gallons of gas... per hour. That's almost a gallon per second - and your 6 tanks, assuming an average of 20 gallons per tank, should only let you drive a bit over two minutes.
Let us not forget that in Cataclysm it takes about a minute just to cross the street.

... Seems that tank would go just about nowhere if realistic gas consumption was applied.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: March 20, 2014, 06:08:11 pm »

Okay I present to you The Titan
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Two APCs, a semi truck, a car and two sports car engines were used in making this beast. That's right it has two v12 engines giving it unrivaled speed despite its six tonnes of pure steel. Only heavy duty frames were used in its construction and it comes with all the tools you ever need on the road from water purifiers to a welder. The inner chamber has opaque doors blocking line of sight and the floor is covered with cargo spaces. The outer ring has handy floor trunks and the quarter panels give unobstructed view of the land around you.

Chevil, Chevil, Chevil.

You still need to make like four more of these "Titans" and put them together to form Voltron :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 738 739 [740] 741 742 ... 1086