Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 189337 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1110 on: January 08, 2013, 07:26:45 pm »

I'm staying in the mortal realm.

Ok. So...you stick in the mortal realm. Walk me through this. Explain to me how we're going to lose.

There you are. This is you:

Jebyg:
Worship: 5

Then, we arrive to come kill you. This is us:

Celestia:
Worship: 63
Protogenos:
Worship: 55
Nikalas:
Worship: 13

Now...explain to me, from that moment...precisely the sequence of events that leads to all of your minions becoming aware of this, deciding to get involved, showing up, and then proceeding to slaughter us all....

...before you die.

Walk me though it. Step by step, please. Because I'm clearly not understanding.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:58 pm »

Simple really, I run like hell until i got all my backup.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 08, 2013, 07:30:01 pm »

The GM already explained fights aren't a worship flinging contest...

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 08, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »

The GM already explained fights aren't a worship flinging contest...
He isn't talking about worship so much as how i will be ready when they show up on my doorstep with a sawed off shotgun, I run until all y'all can back me up, then we beat the shit out of them.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 08, 2013, 07:33:33 pm »

How can the Fae have their own realm if their corporeal anyway?

I think that is where they draw their power.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 08, 2013, 07:33:52 pm »

And all the devils will be waiting where Jbg97 is. Remember it the defender who pick the field(excluding ambushes) and guess what your not.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 08, 2013, 07:45:43 pm »

Yeah, I'll be staying with Jbg until the battle starts. No reason for me to be anywhere else, really. If I need to accomplish something I can send my demon to do it.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 08, 2013, 07:48:22 pm »

Is Draco the godly Judge or the godly Cop? Or both?

Because I was just thinking we need someone to actually punish offending gods. Rather than resorting to badly planned conspiracies.

Draco! Next time put Jbyg on trial or something. That's totally what I meant. Yes.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:54:09 pm by Vgray »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 08, 2013, 07:54:19 pm »

Draco was one of the founding members of that badly planned conspiracy, before I even became involved. He only changed his mind after the odds stopped looking so good, withdrew, and then made up a story about it being "immoral" to fight in order to justify his treachery.

Not sure he's the best candidate for either the judge or cop positions.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 08, 2013, 08:46:39 pm »

Wow, really LB? Don't put motivations to other people's actions. He's a god of morality. He was shelling you up until I reminded people that you had broken your promise. Usael was too, until then. He's role playing his god. Just like you should be. I say should be not because of your promise breaking, blatant attack, and conspiring, when you are a god of the sun(and were all about information and enlightenment a few turns ago), but rather because you a becoming inordinately upset.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 08, 2013, 08:48:10 pm »

Hey rolepgeek? If i burnt LB's body, could that be a temporary substitute for the sun until we make a permanent replacement?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 08, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »

promise breaking, blatant attack, and conspiring

I already addressed that. As far as I'm concerned Jebyg broke the terms of the agreement when he went after the souls of people who didn't worship him.

He's role playing his god. Just like you should be. I say should be not because
of your promise breaking, blatant attack, and conspiring, when you are a god of the sun

...wait, so you're saying it's out of character for me, as Goddess of the Sun, to "break promises, blatantly attack and conspire?"

Why is it ok for the god of morals and law to do those things?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »

promise breaking, blatant attack, and conspiring

I already addressed that. As far s I'm concerned Jebyg broke the terms of the agreement when we went after the souls of people who didn't worship him.
[/quote]
And we established that you didn't object besides just a +1 to someone else's post. Also, "interfering" was only applying to not attacking your city, once people are dead it's a free for all.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 08, 2013, 08:59:51 pm »

Speaking of the Afterlife,

I the Devil of Wealth, hereby pledge to support the Devil of the Afterlife in all matters. One plus one equals Hades.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 08, 2013, 09:24:09 pm »

He's role playing his god. Just like you should be. I say should be not because
of your promise breaking, blatant attack, and conspiring, when you are a god of the sun
...wait, so you're saying it's out of character for me, as Goddess of the Sun, to "break promises, blatantly attack and conspire?"
Why is it ok for the god of morals and law to do those things?
It's okay for a God of Law (technically justice, which is completely different, but moving on) to not want to work with a god(dess?) who breaks oaths, as it is completely understandable for a God of Morality to refuse to attack or help attack innocents.

Speaking of the Afterlife,

I the Devil of Wealth, hereby pledge to support the Devil of the Afterlife in all matters. One plus one equals Hades.
If I can be in the judging process, I support the Afterlife idea.

Nice to know you consider me an innocent GWG :))
Praytell, when did I call you an innocent?

Yeah. And, given the number of innocents on the J-Team, no chance of me turning my front on them...that...made much more sense before I typed it.
How ironic that the supposed "bad guy" is supported by nearly everyone.
and the supposed good guy has less support than the supposed evil guy!
Not ironic at all. Especially given Celestia's approach to Good and my decision not to support her...

Is Draco the godly Judge or the godly Cop? Or both?
Because I was just thinking we need someone to actually punish offending gods. Rather than resorting to badly planned conspiracies.
Draco! Next time put Jbyg on trial or something. That's totally what I meant. Yes.
The problem is, I've got minimal power (aside from seven Eladrin), almost no support at this point, and so many criminals. That was my hidden motive for trying to get everyone into a big council to decide about the Afterlife; doing so leaves us a step away from making a permanent council where I can shine.
I was trying to do things nice and orderly, then I got pushed to attack. Not wanting the "good" gods against me as well, I agreed until I realized that innocents in addition to the guilty would be punished as well.
For now I'm like the UN--I say what's right and wrong but lack the strength to enforce anything.

Wow, really LB? Don't put motivations to other people's actions. He's a god of morality. He was shelling you up until I reminded people that you had broken your promise. Usael was too, until then. He's role playing his god. Just like you should be. I say should be not because of your promise breaking, blatant attack, and conspiring, when you are a god of the sun(and were all about information and enlightenment a few turns ago), but rather because you a becoming inordinately upset.
Thanks for understanding me.
You know what, LB? You came in with the right reasons and used the wrong logic to explain my actions. There's a lot of people on the "other" side. Aside from a couple, they haven't done anything heinous. Shall I punish the many for the actions of the few? The answer, my MLP friend, is NO.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 188