Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 189494 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #495 on: January 03, 2013, 10:26:12 pm »

...A steel carapace. You expect them to lug around 50 some pounds of steel or more? And be unable to ever take it off?
Maybe in addition to the carapace he changed their muscular structure to be able to function with the added weight and still move relatively normaly?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30:13 pm »

Think of a person. Then add 50 to 80 pounds of rigid material to them, all over their body. Ask yourself how they could move relatively normally.

Plus, where will the sores and blisters and oozing contagions fester?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 03, 2013, 10:32:44 pm »

Right. How do those feel after a while? Heck, if the Carriers hadn't surrendered or been killed, I would have probably offered them a way to lose their curse while retaining their strength or something.

Good luck with honestly describing us all.
Can you be sure to include something about me being willing to accept appropriate penance and restitution to absolve people of their sins?
OOC bro.
D-oh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 03, 2013, 10:34:07 pm »

Think of a person. Then add 50 to 80 pounds of rigid material to them, all over their body. Ask yourself how they could move relatively normally.

That's the thing, they aren't a regular person anymore. They are mutated beyond the abilities of a regular human. Where as a human, you put a steel carapace on them, they would collapse or something. But a mutated PlagueBearer (The size of a Plague Marine) would be able to handle it. Dunno about the festering part.
Also, Celestia? Are you planning on bringing the world into an age of science and reason? Instead of one of fear and devotion?
God i hope not. Listen Celestia, you have free reign over the inside of your city; but if you so much as touch a mortal outside the city walls I will bring down the full wrath of a God of Violence, Madness, and Chaos. Even if I am defeated, my chaotic presence shall spread dissent and disorder throughout your city, my maddening visage will drive all the mortals who do not serve me into a gibbering madness. Do not overstep your boundaries.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:40:36 pm by Jbg97 »
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 03, 2013, 10:42:49 pm »

If a conflict arises between the new and old worlds, it may be the determining event of all history to follow.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 03, 2013, 10:47:12 pm »

Will the future be born of Strength, war, and change or will it be born of science, weakness, and stagnation? Either way, My goal is to get Humanity into space.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 03, 2013, 10:49:50 pm »

Will the future be born of Strength, war, and change or will it be born of science, weakness, and stagnation? Either way, My goal is to get Humanity into space.
Would that be as a Step For Mankind or just to watch the humans asphyxiate?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 03, 2013, 10:50:49 pm »

super human strength, they could ooze from their joints, mouths, chests, and pores in the carapace

And the soles of their hands,feet

And they could shed their carapace every month

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 03, 2013, 10:52:16 pm »

Would that be as a Step For Mankind or just to watch the humans asphyxiate?
Good sir! Asphyxiation is a most ignoble death. My goal is for the races of Dwarves and Humanity to spread amongst the stars, conquering everything in their path. I seek only what is best for mankind.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 03, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »

Hmm. Which world creates more wealth?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 03, 2013, 10:57:01 pm »

Oh god, Bucket is making a society of morality, cleanliness, and kindness

We need some disease ridden, immoral barbarians to march right in there eventually

And a devil/god of darkness

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 03, 2013, 10:58:49 pm »

Waiting for you some of you to die. Trust me, I watch ponies. I know how to combat Celestia.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 03, 2013, 10:59:37 pm »

Wait, why is Science associated with weakness and stagnation, but War with strength?
War weakens, Science strengthens.

And they could shed their carapace every month
Which presumably requires enough of a drain on your resources or else the consumption of enough steel (or at least iron) to grow a new carapace every month...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 03, 2013, 11:01:03 pm »

Oh god, Bucket is making a society of morality, cleanliness, and kindness

We need some disease ridden, immoral barbarians to march right in there eventually

It'll be fine as long as the infection is contained. If it can't then yes, we will have to send in the Plague Marines and the Bloodthirsters.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 03, 2013, 11:03:45 pm »

This is going to be interesting...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 188