Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 189162 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1260 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35:21 pm »

Oi. Fae of creation. You can live in my new city. You just have to help build it. And pledge yourself to serve the most holy cause of Wealth.

Sure!  I'll see about moving my lab experiments and building my factories over there.  Pretty soon I can start devoting more of my energy into some new "toys" that will undoubtedly benefit both of us.
Excellent. Hope you don't mind the sound of goblin construction workers.
is the demon of disease and death allowed to enter your town?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 09, 2013, 09:37:02 pm »

Oi. Fae of creation. You can live in my new city. You just have to help build it. And pledge yourself to serve the most holy cause of Wealth.

Sure!  I'll see about moving my lab experiments and building my factories over there.  Pretty soon I can start devoting more of my energy into some new "toys" that will undoubtedly benefit both of us.

Ehh...as long as you keep your diseases to yourself.

A lot depends on how much power making those Dragons took.

Maybe they can build the city...

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 09, 2013, 09:37:51 pm »

Ehh...as long as you keep your diseases to yourself.
i don't know..... That's pretty hard to do......

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 09, 2013, 09:40:02 pm »

Ugh, fine. Corruptor, i need me a spaceship. I'll find myself a planet, build another extra civilization on it, and play a badass game of chaos there.
Have fun! I'd help, but I'm not sure if I'll get enough mana to sustain the new sun, my miracles, AND save up for my long-planned miracle...
You don't need to sustain that sun, the sun that powers my planet will be that afterlife i've been planning.
I still kinda need the sun for this world.
warmth and light are too cliche for the new sun

I propose it leaves just enough light for the world to be kept in twilight

I'd rather not.  One of the projects I want to work on involves generating magic energy from sunlight.  If there's no sunlight I might have to resort to less efficient methods of mana generation.

Not at all, I'm sure I'll get along wonderfully with my new neighbors.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 09, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »

Ugh, fine. Corruptor, i need me a spaceship. I'll find myself a planet, build another extra civilization on it, and play a badass game of chaos there.
Have fun! I'd help, but I'm not sure if I'll get enough mana to sustain the new sun, my miracles, AND save up for my long-planned miracle...
You don't need to sustain that sun, the sun that powers my planet will be that afterlife i've been planning.

I'd rather not.  One of the projects I want to work on involves generating magic energy from sunlight.  If there's no sunlight I might have to resort to less efficient methods of mana generation.

Not at all, I'm sure I'll get along wonderfully with my new neighbors.

Oh, and if I do make goblins, can you see to getting them some tools? Axes, saws, that kind of thing. And picks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 09, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »

Make such a sun if you like, I'm making one which actually lights up the world.

If you do, could you share those methods with me? Please? Since I kinda made the new sun? Am making, or whatever?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 09, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »

You realize the sun isn't going to go out, right? LB quit, he didn't die. Which means humans lost their faith that something was needed to power the sun.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 09, 2013, 10:05:46 pm »

To Vgray:  Certainly.  I'll probably set up some factories (or the closest thing possible in this game) that run off of my mana generators.  I could set these up to produce whatever tools are needed although they may need to be initially staffed by your goblins (depending on what the GM says).  I'm hoping they'll be automated though, if not initially then later on.  If not I'll just have my golems run them after I build some more.

To GWG: Depending on the output of said generators, I could see about sending you some of the mana, considering the possible circumstances with you paying upkeep on the sun and all that.  Of course if I gave this to you for free, I think everyone else would start asking for it as well which would of course drastically cut into my profits.  Don't worry though I'm sure an arrangement can be worked out though...  Kind of too tired to think of something now but...

Maybe it'll involve you paying me a certain amount of the energy it costs to set up some generators and in return you'll get a continuous percentage of the energy produced back.  Sort of like investing in stock I guess.  Everyone would have the option of investing but you would probably get a discount based on controlling the sun (or one of the suns as it may occur).

Edit: Ninja'd sort of by the GM.  Not sure if the sun staying up will change anything I just posted.  I'll think about it later... Too tired right now.
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 09, 2013, 10:22:53 pm »

Lovely. I'm probably pushing it trying to create another race so soon.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 09, 2013, 10:24:30 pm »

Mmm. Maybe I should get in on the race-creating.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:27 pm »

Maybe you should get in on Jim's Fae Industries  ;)

After all creating a new species can be expensive right?  Proper investments now can really help offset any potentially draining financial endeavors.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:38 pm »

You realize the sun isn't going to go out, right? LB quit, he didn't die. Which means humans lost their faith that something was needed to power the sun.
That would fall under the "If needed" clause I'm sure I put in front of the sun-making action.

I intend to too. Probably a race of Angel-level beings.

Say, Rolepgeek, would it cost significantly more to create a race of angel-level power or so which could (slowly) reproduce?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30:21 pm »

^ I think he made it pretty clear if you want to have something as powerful a an angel you have to create one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 09, 2013, 10:33:15 pm »

^ I think he made it pretty clear if you want to have something as powerful a an angel you have to create one.
Yes. I was asking if giving them gonads would increase the cost significantly.
Sig

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 09, 2013, 10:33:42 pm »

GWG. Javier fell asleep just trying to create two imps.

And the GM told the lust devil and I quote "No reproducing imps".
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 188