Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 184449 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »

Also, I spent my first turn building a shield around my city.

The other troops are innocent. I have plans for them, but the warlord is the problem.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2013, 11:14:55 pm »

hmm, if i empower you through war would you make new diseases for the Fae? One of them escaped getting it's arm ripped off and another is trying to kill my prophet.
Fae are kinda immortal.........
They're immortal. But they are still killable.
As in, they can live forever if they don't get a plague, get murdered by a warlord, or get their arm ripped off without enough magic to heal it.
Your a god, just 1 vs1 the weakest class in the game or something.....
Spend 1 power killing the damn fae
Well, im not sure if i have the power right now. I am making a large amount of people immune to disease and fear, then giving another small handful a fraction of my power to where their strength increases with mine and vice versa.
I dont need to kill off how few of the fae actually exist....
I killed off 25% of the human population just by infecting a few people, then sneezing in a few villages

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2013, 11:18:15 pm »

The other troops are innocent. I have plans for them, but the warlord is the problem.
If you choose to fight (you can just join him, or have the humans join him)and win, keep the warlord alive. he is still my prophet, and I intend to keep him alive. I will scold him, but i still need him.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

If you choose to fight (you can just join him, or have the humans join him)and win, keep the warlord alive. he is still my prophet, and I intend to keep him alive. I will scold him, but i still need him.
maybe if you are willing to sign a contract I can release a new disease into both his warbands, the head exploding kind.....

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:52 pm »

Need him? You want to make a deal?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2013, 11:30:35 pm »

maybe if you are willing to sign a contract I can release a new disease into both his warbands, the head exploding kind.....
You talking to me, or racnor?

Well, if you kill him i can just get a new one, come back with a massive army pining for retribution, and wipe out your town and make you watch... and i'll rip off your arm. The arm ripping thing is going to be my calling card against fae i dont like. You dont want me to not like you.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2013, 11:31:26 pm »

You do know even an imp might kill your warlord 1v1 right????

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2013, 11:40:46 pm »

Just posting this because i dont want to go searching through the main thread to find it.
Greater Gods (GG) (PCs) - A single god can, by itself, take on anything else 1 on 1 and win. Might be difficult, but they will.
Devils(PCs) - Two devils working together can defeat a Greater God.
Lesser Gods (LG) - Two working together can beat a devil, three can match a Greater God. Greater Gods can make Lesser Gods, though it takes a hefty chunk of power. They have mind sof their own(I say what they'll do) but usually help you, if only because your domains and goals usually align, and GGs are often more capable and knowledgable. They have one or two domains of your choosing(1 major or two minor)
Faery Lords(FL) (PCs) - Two can take on a devil and be even, or beat an LG, it takes at least five to beat a GG.
Demons - As LGs are to GGs, Demons are to Devils. Two can match an FL. One concept.
Angels - Will do what their god says. Only made by GGs. Have characteristics dependent on their god. Two to three to beat a demon.
Faery Court (FC) - The more powerful Fae, but not as powerful as the lords. Similar, but not equal, to LGs for GGs(have one idea, not two). They flock to you instead, so you'll often have quite a few once you get your power base established, but beware! for the Fae are envious and may seek to overwhelm you. Takes at least 5 to beat a FL. Two can beat an angel.
Imps - As Angels are to GGs, Imps are to Devils. Three to beat an FC.
Lesser Fae (LF) - Actually about the same power as Imps, but takes four to beat an FC.

Human Magic Users - Depends on their power, but most are weaker than Lesser Fae. None are stronger than Faery Court. Ones supported by the Powers That Be are more powerful, of course.

There are exceptions; anything with a war or fighting domain is, in a straight fight, typically 1 tier higher(a Demon with the concept of Battle will beat most Faery Lords).

Also, a few unique powers. Devils and Demons can possess people, Both Celestials(GGs, LGs, and Angels) and Fiends(Devils, Demons, and Imps) can appear in dreams. Gods can make prophets. Fae(Lords, Court, and Lesser) can interact more easily with mortals; anything they do with them directly is far more likely to be successful. They're the most relatable of the classes to these people. It's usually a good idea to put aside your grievances and get a Fae on your side for that reason. Of course, Fae are wily, and only a Lord is likely to see any reason to do so...Gods find it very difficult to perform miracles beyond prophet, race, or domain-related ones. Don't try and put out the sun if you aren't a god of darkness, the sun, or fear.
Hey wait, i just realized that since im the god of chaos, madness, and war i could just drive my enemies to insanity, or corrupt them with chaos to where the turn on each other.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:44:28 pm by Jbg97 »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:41 pm »

You paid 20 to gain control of the sun, and 10 to maintain control. Duh.
Or perhaps you usurped the current sun.
Bucket you, not Jbg you.

I'm going to wait on a response from the GM rather than speculation from players.

I'm Goddess of the Sun, singular, and my character creation post says exactly that. Not Goddess of "stars." I've clearly stated that I am the Sun, I've clearly stated that I brought Myself into these particular dimensions and I was charged energy for doing so. The GM didn't disagree with this, and has used the pronoun "you" in my turn summaries to describe the sun. I've even created and been using a holographic avatar this entire time because of all this.

It doesn't make sense to suddenly claim otherwise and if we retcon this it means that every point of energy I've spent over the entire course of the game so far was pointless because the sun was there all along, maintaining itself just fine without me, and I never needed an avatar.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2013, 11:53:15 pm »

Bucket you, not Jbg you.

I'm going to wait on a response from the GM rather than speculation from players.

I'm Goddess of the Sun, singular, and my character creation post says exactly that. Not Goddess of "stars." I've clearly stated that I am the Sun, I've clearly stated that I brought Myself into these particular dimensions and I was charged energy for doing so. The GM didn't disagree with this, and has used the pronoun "you" in my turn summaries to describe the sun. I've even created and been using a holographic avatar this entire time because of all this.

It doesn't make sense to suddenly claim otherwise and if we retcon this it means that every point of energy I've spent over the entire course of the game so far was pointless because the sun was there all along, maintaining itself just fine without me, and I never needed an avatar.
I'm pretty sure you have to pay upkeep just to exist...
And even if you aren't the sun, you maintain all control over it, you brought it into existence Yada yada yada blah blah blah

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2013, 11:57:08 pm »

Well, why would you need to pay upkeep to exist? If you were the sun, you wouldn't need to do that. For that matter, if you were the only sun, ever, then no life could have existed outside of hydrothermal vents until you showed up, barring heavy use of phlebotinum which has conveniently vanished.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2013, 11:59:40 pm »

Just posting this because i dont want to go searching through the main thread to find it.
stuff
Hey wait, i just realized that since im the god of chaos, madness, and war i could just drive my enemies to insanity, or corrupt them with chaos to where the turn on each other.
Again, I have already shielded my entire city against this sort of thing.

Bucket you, not Jbg you.

Humans were here before us. They made of thoughtstuff and dreams. At some point, a majority of them decided that something had to power the sun, then suddenly, you did. If you didn't, then humans would assume that the sun no longer had power, and it would still be out.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2013, 12:00:37 am »

Well, why would you need to pay upkeep to exist? If you were the sun, you wouldn't need to do that. For that matter, if you were the only sun, ever, then no life could have existed outside of hydrothermal vents until you showed up, barring heavy use of phlebotinum which has conveniently vanished.
here is my explanation
The Powers That Be made everything, including the sun, then you,as a god, manifested as the sun.......

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2013, 12:07:42 am »

DDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRREAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2013, 12:13:05 am »

Just posting a chart of power based on the list posted above. Power represented by how many of everything else needed to beat it.
GG: 2 Devils, 3 Lesser Gods, 5 Fairy Lords, 10 demons, 20-30 angels, 40-60 Fairy Courts, 120-180 imps, 120-180 Lesser Fae.
Devil: 1 Greater God, 2 Lesser Gods, 3 Fairy Lords, 6-8 Demons, 12-24 angels, 24-48 Fairy Courts, 72-144 imps, 72-144 Lesser Fae
LG: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 2 Fairy Lords, 2 demons, 4-6 angels, 8-12 Fairy Courts, 24-36 imps, 24-36 Lesser Fae
FL: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Lesser God, 2 demons, 4-6 angels, 5 Fairy Courts, 15 imps, 20 Lesser Fae
Demon: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 2-3 angels, 4-6 Fairy Courts, 12-18 imps, 12-18 Lesser Fae
Angel: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 2 Fairy Courts, 6 imps, 6 Lesser Fae
Fairy Court: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 3 imps, 4 Lesser Fae
Imps: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 2 Lesser Fae
Lesser Fae: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 2 Imps
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 188