Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 189423 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1005 on: January 07, 2013, 09:59:58 pm »

Does the offer of asylum extend to my followers? Some of my Dragons might be cowards...I'll still care about them though.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »

Jim (me) just just wants to make the world a better place for everyone by sharing the gift of magical golems and cheap renewable electricity magic with all the nice (to me) gods, devils and fae.  I could almost cry over all this unneeded blood shed. :'(
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00:26 pm »

I just got a pm from Lord Bucket. The original plan was an overwhelming show of force to convince devils not to join, and so completely obliterate Jbg. It didn't work out. Draco was part of that. That's all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00:43 pm »

What has Jebyg even done, really?

He was trying to create an afterlife to steal the souls of anybody he wanted from everyone, regardless of their affiliation. And while I'd have a difficult time tracking down specific posts out of 67 pages of this thread, I remember him pretty clearly announcing his intent to kill us. Others had other objections, like the arm-ripping mentioned above.

However...to be fair, checking the dates on my private messages, the alliance against him was founded on Jan 2, back when it was "the evil gods." He was probably unfairly given handed guilt by association with Cthulu.

GWG isn't completely siding with Bucket, he is just giving some energy to level the playing field

Which is a bit amusing, since he was in the whole "alliance against the evil gods" before I was.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 07, 2013, 10:02:32 pm »

What has Jebyg even done, really?

He was trying to create an afterlife to steal the souls of anybody he wanted from everyone, regardless of their affiliation.
Actually, i wanted my own afterlife that only took in warriors, y'all would have gotten everybody else.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 07, 2013, 10:03:02 pm »

Well bucket, you're f**king over the whole world with this attack. If you win, mankind will be thrown into a dark age, creating even more violence, then someone must become the new god of war. If I win, i put out the sun and i have to burn your body to keep it going until the after life is set up. And burning god bodies DO NOT smell good.
Wait, why would the victory of the goddess who has been promoting progress lead to a dark age?
Stagnation does kinda hurt progress, but it doesn't lead to a loss of knowledge...and there's still enough nutters to keep things "interesting."

People! Make your arguments! Which world will create more wealth?
Probably the guy whose massive war machine requires a constant flow of trade to obtain money to fund said warmachine. Also, once the world is conquered, land will be divi'ed up to those whom find favor with me, and they can create their own large cities instead of being in the singular oppressive dystopia of celestia's city.
Well, just to point out...
War doesn't create wealth, it destroys it. WWII only helped the US due to boosting government spending and the fact that 99%+ of the fighting was overseas, minimizing damage to US infrastructure. A prolonged war leads to more of a 1984 scenario.

What part of a sun god includes killing off another god simply because they're weak? You aren't a god of civilization. At least not yet. Keep this up and your domains might change.
It's kinda a group effort.

Why would he join either side? He is the god of Justice and Order, he'll try and stop everybody from fighting. If he does pick a side, he'd join me anyway considering Celestia is the one who broke the Peace.
Justice, Morality, Light. Yeah, I'm siding with Bucket.
Doesn't help that Javier and Jebyg are both criminals to some extent...or that I joined their alliance...

I enjoy how you guys think that LB is the alliance leader when he is not.
He's the one leading the attack, after all.

"I seek no quarrel with you. You have every right to exist, and I will not seek you out nor interfere with your activities. This city and its immediate environs, however, is under My direct and personal protection. I advise you to not interfere with its inhabitants."
DAMMIT
This is why I should have caught up on the OOC thread before posting my action.
Now I can't choose a side, so I won't. If I can not.

Anyone else wanna join us?
Not me.

Does the offer of asylum extend to my followers? Some of my Dragons might be cowards...I'll still care about them though.
Sure, once I fix my action.

Incidentally, I intend to stop Celestia before she goes mad with power. I'm the god of justice and morality, she can't just dismiss me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 07, 2013, 10:05:46 pm »

And this is why I added the whole 'no changing your actions' rule.

You be screwed, if they win. Think about it. If Jebyg survives, you just pissed off the god of Chaos, Insanity, and Violence. Imagine what havoc can be wrought in a city?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 07, 2013, 10:06:56 pm »

Actually, i wanted my own afterlife that only took in warriors, y'all would have gotten everybody else.

Yes, like I said...you wanted to take the souls you wanted regardless of who they worshipped. So if I had any warriors worshipping me, you were going to steal their souls for eternity. I considered that a pretty flagrant interference with my worshippers. I wasn't going to sit around  and wait for you to succeed. You announced intent and acted on it. If somebody pulls a gun out, points it at your head and pulls the trigger but they miss...you don't stand there and let them pull the trigger again because they "haven't actually attacked you yet."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »

GWG, I'm sorry but if you will forgo your sense of Justice and Morality to standby while an innocent god is attacked I must step up to dispense justice.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 07, 2013, 10:08:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Got it

Alright this turn of events has blown my mind
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:11:04 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »

...You could have said something. We sat for ages discussing the Afterlife and you didn't say a word.

A man pulls out a gun, and aims it at a target you're behind. You walk out and shoot him for trying to kill you.

Jbg, he tried to change his action, but the GM wouldn't let him.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 07, 2013, 10:10:40 pm »

Jbg, he tried to change his action, but the GM wouldn't let him.
So GWG is still attacking me?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 07, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »

That's not completely true. He can have his god stop his action, or switch, it's just that he will have ended up giving some power to Celestia.

Losing allies fast, LB. Racnor wants out now, Draco can't morally help...Only have Nikalas and Protogenos left.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 07, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »

...You could have said something. We sat for ages discussing the Afterlife and you didn't say a word.

I did post disgreement, actually. I just didn't spend hours debating it like some of you did. This thread was getting 10-15 pages a day for a while.

A man pulls out a gun, and aims it at a target you're behind. You walk out and shoot him for trying to kill you.

Bad analogy. A guy shooting at a target is intended to hit the target. Jebyg was specifically intending to take any souls he wanted regrdless of who they worshipped.

Working with your metaphor, you're apparently claiming that it was ok for him to shoot me because I didn't ask him not to.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 07, 2013, 10:19:32 pm »

I did post disgreement, actually. I just didn't spend hours debating it like some of you did. This thread was getting 10-15 pages a day for a while.

Bad analogy. A guy shooting at a target is intended to hit the target. Jebyg was specifically intending to take any souls he wanted regrdless of who they worshipped.

Working with your metaphor, you're apparently claiming that it was ok for him to shoot me because I didn't ask him not to.
more like "it's ok to shoot you because you never got out from behind the target."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 188