Poll

Should we mod the new world?

No
- 121 (60.5%)
Yes
- 79 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 74

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World! At Long Last!  (Read 109533 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: DF2014: The Succession World!
« Reply #900 on: March 26, 2014, 01:32:22 am »

Gentleman, please!

Clearly the essence of adventurer mode will soon be to make cities kneel before you.
Oh yeah. The whole site claim thing is going to be unbelievably awesome.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 26, 2014, 06:01:44 am »

I can't wait for it. It's bound to be awesome. I'm in btw, just for the record.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 26, 2014, 10:14:24 am »

Yeah... WE NEED DF2014!!! WE NEED DF2014 NOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 26, 2014, 06:38:43 pm »

We probably wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much if it was released right now. There's probably more than a few deadly face-eating super-bugs floating around the code.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 26, 2014, 10:33:44 pm »

The other DFSWs were disappointing, what with the overambitious nature, the gigantic outdated turnlists, and all the gamebreaking bugs. I don't know about you guys, but I think I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:59:24 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 27, 2014, 02:26:42 pm »

I am willing to wait for as long as it's necessary.
And I'm really starting to get a bit anxious about it, but I guess it's a good way to test one's own patience.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #906 on: March 27, 2014, 09:33:27 pm »

The other DFSWs were disappointing, what with the overambitious nature, the gigantic outdated turnlists, and all the gamebreaking bugs. I don't know about you guys, but I think I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
Being Dwarf Fortress, it HAS to collapse into a steaming pile of bugs and save corruption at some point. For me, what really makes a this succession world exciting is that the world won't be static any more.
As long as it's being run by an active forumite who keeps everything running (real-life time limit on turns and the like) and keeps the OP up-to-date, I don't think a really long turn list will be a problem.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:38 pm »

Yeah, at least we had a nice long time to decide how to run it, so the time in-between turns will be minimized, and if people take the turn and don't do anything, it'll be quick to move on, to keep things running as rapidly as possible.

Ideally it would run similar to Drunk Fortress, where as it nears the end of one person's turn, we shout out for people who have the time to run it, so we'll have selected a good candidate by the time of the passing.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #908 on: March 28, 2014, 12:13:54 am »

Sounds fairly reasonable. Though I think we should keep some form of turn list.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 28, 2014, 12:17:00 am »

Well, yeah, the idea was to keep a turn list, and then when someone is getting ready to finish their turn, they announce that they're almost done.
At that point, people who will be available for the next turn say so, and then when the turn is actually done and ready to be transferred to the next person, whoever is the highest on the turn list of those who called out for it gets their hand at it.
And we'll probably send a PM to whoever is on the very top of the list, to let them know as a formality.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2014, 02:49:05 am »

Well, yeah, the idea was to keep a turn list, and then when someone is getting ready to finish their turn, they announce that they're almost done.
At that point, people who will be available for the next turn say so, and then when the turn is actually done and ready to be transferred to the next person, whoever is the highest on the turn list of those who called out for it gets their hand at it.
And we'll probably send a PM to whoever is on the very top of the list, to let them know as a formality.

At that point, I believe that we should make a new thread, to make it easier to manage, and put a link about it in this thread (both in the OP and latest post).
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #911 on: March 28, 2014, 06:24:07 am »

At that point, I believe that we should make a new thread, to make it easier to manage, and put a link about it in this thread (both in the OP and latest post).
+1

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 19, 2014, 01:41:20 pm »

Bump.

I feel like the release is dangerously close now, and I've had 3 dreams about it now - nothing ever had this much influence on me in recent memory.
First thing to do - go through the Legends, find an interesting site and then investigate as an adventurer, probably in a sneaky way.

Can't wait to visit those 17x17 sites.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 19, 2014, 09:46:22 pm »

Only three dreams?

I've had so many I've just kept sleeping for the sole purpose of playing DF2014. I've had three forts and an adventurer go to all three of them (getting murdered by the dragon that took over the third one)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 19, 2014, 09:50:11 pm »

...Huh, I've yet to have any dreams on this.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 74