Poll

Should we mod the new world?

No
- 121 (60.5%)
Yes
- 79 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World! At Long Last!  (Read 109624 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: DF2013: The Succession World?
« Reply #645 on: August 18, 2013, 07:14:54 pm »

This has so much potential, especially so depending on if the civilization politics aspects make it in. We could be looking at a whole separate player-created civ with it's own enemies and political concerns. I can't believe I didn't notice this thread before, as though I needed another reason to be excited for the new release.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 18, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »

I would also definitely like to be included if this ever starts up. SO MUCH AWESOME! Might take awhile to do a full rotation with fifty players on the list, so perhaps this thread could be split into, say, ten child threads with links to this one? They would all have the same basic premise, and they could start out as the same world, but then would be shaped and changed by the players. It would be cool to see how much we could influence history.

On a similar topic, does anyone have guesstimates for release date?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 19, 2013, 12:06:47 am »

This has been asked so many times on the Future of the Fortress thread, and on so many other threads, that honestly I think that any further speculation has become moot.

All I can say is that I know it will be awesome when it does come out.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 19, 2013, 05:50:30 am »

I would LOVE if the new version would come out before the school (in here) starts (ie. in September).
Because high school is scary stuff. ;_;

(I know that school is school ie. you do nothing for the most part, but still)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 19, 2013, 12:26:45 pm »

I've got till the very end of September before I have to actually go off to college, and I've only got 3 classes this quarter, so I'm ready any time. Except at midterm.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 19, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »

I would also definitely like to be included if this ever starts up. SO MUCH AWESOME! Might take awhile to do a full rotation with fifty players on the list, so perhaps this thread could be split into, say, ten child threads with links to this one? They would all have the same basic premise, and they could start out as the same world, but then would be shaped and changed by the players. It would be cool to see how much we could influence history.

I think the plan was this will be the "official original first" succession world, but other succession worlds with their own themes will surely pop up.

With so many people we can have strict rules for turn start and length to keep it moving.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #651 on: August 25, 2013, 03:30:06 pm »

Are we gonna have A graphics pack? because I haven't had DF in ASCII in so long I forgot how to read it.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 25, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »

Are we gonna have A graphics pack? because I haven't had DF in ASCII in so long I forgot how to read it.
If you want to put one in when it's your turn, I'd say go ahead.
It wouldn't bother me, at least.
The Derail Thread

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #653 on: August 25, 2013, 07:19:26 pm »

Im thefirst second person, I don't know if I'd anger the entire player pack by doing that :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #654 on: September 10, 2013, 11:48:22 pm »

Im thefirst second person, I don't know if I'd anger the entire player pack by doing that :P
Probably.
I always get crazy tileset issues when I try to use a non-graphics version of a game previously used with graphics.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #655 on: September 12, 2013, 08:38:37 pm »

Well, ill just see if there is one by then, if not, well ill pretend the overseer is blind and senses by hearing, so more !!FUN!!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 04, 2013, 01:07:40 am »

With DF2013 nearing release I felt like bringing this up again at worst will cause it to go back to whatever page this was on. ::)
I'm just kind of bored, really.

At least this isn't just a
Bump.

Alright, it kind of is, but... :V

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 04, 2013, 01:13:30 am »

I had forgotten about this, honestly.

I can't wait for the release! It sounds like they're in the final runs, though, so it shouldn't be much longer.
I can't blame them for it taking this long, I mean, it's pretty much the biggest shift since it went 3D.
The Derail Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 04, 2013, 01:25:12 am »

I imagine there will be several adventure mode succession games running after this release. The Museum game is so much damn fun as it stands, and with bugs like wildlife populations going extinct during adventure mode play and town populations being infinite having been solved, it's going to be possible to keep games going strong for much, much longer without running out of things to slaughter.

My first objective will be to pick one town on one of these games, and slaughter the entire population, maybe even by assassinating lone individuals without witnesses. And escape whatever mob comes after me by climbing onto the roofs and jumping between buildings. Then throwing coconuts at them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 04, 2013, 01:33:52 am »

I imagine there will be several adventure mode succession games running after this release. The Museum game is so much damn fun as it stands, and with bugs like wildlife populations going extinct during adventure mode play and town populations being infinite having been solved, it's going to be possible to keep games going strong for much, much longer without running out of things to slaughter.

My first objective will be to pick one town on one of these games, and slaughter the entire population, maybe even by assassinating lone individuals without witnesses. And escape whatever mob comes after me by climbing onto the roofs and jumping between buildings. Then throwing coconuts at them.
Yeah, I imagine this will start with a single fort being founded just out of tradition, and then crazy adventurer antics abound for years in-game until someone is finally done with it.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 74