Poll

Should we mod the new world?

No
- 121 (60.5%)
Yes
- 79 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World! At Long Last!  (Read 109686 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DF2013: The Succession World?
« Reply #480 on: April 27, 2013, 08:01:04 am »

I'm not really clear on it either, but it seems that if there is an attack or something incoming and you have the observation skill to recognize it, you get a little menu or can open your menu and have some options to avoid or block it. Or some attack with a hefty bonus if your opponent leaves themselves open or something. There's probably some selection of possible actions that have some chance of occurring favorably or something like that based on your relative skills or whatever. I think it's mostly supposed to be active defense, to supplement your passive blocking/dodging/parrying you can do right now.

Also, we ran into a massive problem with the museum item quest game involving retired adventurers causing the game to crash in the adventurer selection menu. Braalbard said he's going to make a bug report for it within reasonable time, and hopefully Toady can get right on it because I managed to reproduce it just by going to the last save before the bug occurred and retiring another adventurer. Reproducible, easy to test, and a major bug that causes crashes, so if Toady at least gets the chance look at it he'll likely have it fixed relatively soon. Maybe not for this release, but it could happen within the next few bug fix releases.
it's not from having over 30 adventurers since I just check my save and it has 40 adventurers saved to it. I guess it's from having over 30 adventurers on top of their companions on top of having ~7 forts filled with rich history the game just can't handle that much adventurin.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 27, 2013, 08:08:57 am »

What will our world be called? The Plains of War? Chaostides?
If we use advanced world generation we aren't limited to regular dwarven vocabular anyways, so we can get really creative here and start a poll to decide.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 27, 2013, 08:14:29 am »

Another thing: Is world gen getting changed in the next update? Because if it isn't, somebody with some experience could already generate some maps to choose from. When the update comes out we could simply recreate the worlds we liked the most using the same parameters and then choose the one with the most interesting history/beasts.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 27, 2013, 08:21:10 am »

Third thing: If we already know how to world is going to look we can divide it into territories which some of us can claim for who knows what. We don't have factions yet and there aren't any mechanics we could use to really wage war against each other, so it'll be one big roleplay.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 27, 2013, 10:50:03 am »

I'm sure it is going to change, with multi-tile trees, new sites and all that.
Kinda a shame since I had an awesome world with an isolated evil island. (I think I posted it somewhere in this thread)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 27, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »

Ladies, gentlemen, prepare thine bodies for inebriation.
INEBRIATE. INEBRIATE.
Begin layering on multiple socks and cloaks!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #486 on: April 27, 2013, 06:09:36 pm »

What will our world be called? The Plains of War? Chaostides?
If we use advanced world generation we aren't limited to regular dwarven vocabular anyways, so we can get really creative here and start a poll to decide.
The Land of Land?
The Twelfth Bay?
The Succession World?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 27, 2013, 06:14:55 pm »

The Plane of Madness. There's nothing more which we can hope to become.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 27, 2013, 10:05:10 pm »

The Twelfth Bay?

I likey The Twelfth Bay alot.
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 28, 2013, 01:23:34 am »

Why are we meticulously planning our world? We limit ourselves by not seeing what the RNG in this version can give us. This is the same reason I voted against modding.

We should set some parameters, sure, but we shouldn't hand craft it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2013, 01:30:26 am »

That seems like the best option to me as well, honestly. The less planning, the more ‼SURPRISE‼ we get.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 28, 2013, 01:41:52 am »

Twelfth Bay has already been done a few times. I think we should do something adventure themed. The Planes of Conflict maybe?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 28, 2013, 02:31:31 am »

The Realms Of Boundless Mystery

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 28, 2013, 06:00:02 am »

The Legendary World. (Olbulzong/Obzulgzong/f*ck-you-dwarven-dictionary)
May sound lame, but again, I rolled this name for the world I mentioned earlier. (if I could only find it)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 28, 2013, 11:18:27 am »

Why are we meticulously planning our world? We limit ourselves by not seeing what the RNG in this version can give us. This is the same reason I voted against modding.

We should set some parameters, sure, but we shouldn't hand craft it.
How are we supposed to 'hand craft' a world without other programms anyways?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 74