Poll

Should we mod the new world?

No
- 121 (60.5%)
Yes
- 79 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 74

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World! At Long Last!  (Read 109701 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: DF2013: The Succession World?
« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2013, 11:17:54 am »

Whatever...
I can't state enough how badly I want this release, we're kinda running short on topics to f. about here...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 01, 2013, 11:32:53 am »

We could have people sign up for the first 7 dwarves so it's really far in advance.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 01, 2013, 12:35:01 pm »

We could have people sign up for the first 7 dwarves so it's really far in advance.

And who said we have to make a fort?
Hehe.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 01, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »

Sounds like you guys going to do that 'challenge start at the dawn of time' thread in the dwarf mode discussion thread.

I think that'd be pretty awesome, now that it's actually going to be semi-feasible with the population being maintained 50 years after beginning. There won't be any new sites that we didn't build, unfortunately. I personally think a short history of 100 years would be fair.

Also, might as well put me on the list finally. I enjoy succession games.
hmm I was wondering if the succession world will have player bandit camps, lairs and each player has a set amount of time to carve up the worldsite.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 01, 2013, 01:35:41 pm »

That would be fairly awesome, but I don't know if it would be possible, even with hacking. If it is, though, then why the hell not?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 01, 2013, 01:46:52 pm »

That would be fairly awesome, but I don't know if it would be possible, even with hacking. If it is, though, then why the hell not?

Best way to do it - make a temporary small fort and abandon it soon after (or retire, whatever).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 01, 2013, 05:02:40 pm »

Abandoning a small 2x2 or 1x1 fort would be ideal compared to hacking, more so because it'd be using mechanics that are already in the game and semi-functional. Not that hacking would be unmistakably a bad idea, but we should test extensively to make sure that the process you use doesn't result in any new issues before submitting a save of any serious succession game that used that method. If it overcomes some issues with the abandoning an actual fort option, great, but hopefully we don't run into any new bugs in the process.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 04, 2013, 06:36:26 am »

Abandoning a small 2x2 or 1x1 fort would be ideal compared to hacking, more so because it'd be using mechanics that are already in the game and semi-functional. Not that hacking would be unmistakably a bad idea, but we should test extensively to make sure that the process you use doesn't result in any new issues before submitting a save of any serious succession game that used that method. If it overcomes some issues with the abandoning an actual fort option, great, but hopefully we don't run into any new bugs in the process.
yeah but you could also just use dfusion and make a 1x1 or 2x2 or 3x3 site and set the type. I kinda wonder if npc behaviors are effected by where they live. like if you retire in a dwarf fort, you going to act like a dorf, or if you retire in a tower you will learn to write books, or like say a bandit camp you will go on raids.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2013, 06:47:52 am »

we're kinda running short on topics to f. about here...
How is this possible? Do some research, find which animal (or animal-man) has the most valuable innards, and discuss ways to trap, kill and harvest them!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 11, 2013, 07:23:11 am »

we're kinda running short on topics to f. about here...
How is this possible? Do some research, find which animal (or animal-man) has the most valuable innards, and discuss ways to trap, kill and harvest them!

Found out about the quantum travel/body swapping thing.
Hoping it still works now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2013, 01:51:46 pm »

I'd wager that it will, and if not Rumrusher will not quit until he figures out a way to do it again. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 12, 2013, 03:25:40 pm »

I feel like I could occasionally make videos instead of regular logs.
But then the problem of el Crimson Knight kicks in...You know, I don't want to spoil everything.

Either that, or play in a "private" copy of the world at some point in its existence.
But then, I have my own Valve Time Syndrome, so I guess...

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2013, 08:05:24 am »

Has anybody on this thread ever killed a demon in adventure mode? Just asking to find out how challenging it would be to kill all demons that escaped the underworld and throw their corpes into a volcanoe or even back to hell.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 14, 2013, 12:39:05 pm »

Has anybody on this thread ever killed a demon in adventure mode? Just asking to find out how challenging it would be to kill all demons that escaped the underworld and throw their corpes into a volcanoe or even back to hell.

I'm certain that someone akin to Hugo did.
I've met one, but failed miserably. (damn you, fox fiend!)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 14, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »

I have killed demons in the distant past, but not in the recent version where they've acquired all sorts of new interactions. I suspect that a battle against the demonic menace would not be an easy one to survive.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 74