Poll

Should we mod the new world?

No
- 121 (60.5%)
Yes
- 79 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World! At Long Last!  (Read 109436 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: DF2013: The Succession World?
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 10:02:44 am »

Jumping on this before the list gets gigantic.
I made a list of the people that would like to participate. I put the name of somebody into brackets if I'm not sure if that person wants to participate or just likes the idea. Tell me if I'm missing someone or have to delete the brackets.

The List:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Are we just waiting for the release now?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:57:39 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 10:45:38 am »

We could start deciding if we prefer a Fortress or an Adventurer first, but since we cannot generate a world, yes, we have to wait.

Or, we could pick the founding seven, and prepare dorfing for the others in the next migrant waves.

EDIT: I want to partecipate, but as a dorf, not as an overseer
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:32 am »

Wow, a thread that's half about me (for the past two pages)! I am deeply honored. Unfortunately, I don't think I can handle writing two separate full-length stories at once (especially not with the Internet/free time issues I've been having). But since you all asked so nicely... if you really want me, consider me chronologist. Be aware, though, that I'm already behind with the Spearbreakers pdf and may find it difficult-to-impossible to compile one for this (I have no access to mediafire anymore).
    Also, sign me up for a turn... this sounds like fun. Oh, and if it might be possible... Could we have it modded to have two separate races of dwarves, one "evil", and the other "good"? My reasoning is that players could wage war on the other civ. That sounds like fun in and of itself.

As to the tumblr, yes, that is mine. I haven't posted there since June, and the poetry isn't nearly as good as you say, in my opinion, but thank you for the compliments all the same.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2013, 11:52:58 am »

Updated the list.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:01:48 pm by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 01:21:36 pm »

Not sure if this is doable, but what about something like "duergars", dwarves that are not able to survive outside?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2013, 02:00:49 pm »

Are you talking about the duergar appereance or they unability to survive outside? The second one would make embarking really hard.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 02:25:06 pm »

The unability.
Yes, I was referring to the ability to actually embark directly in the underground.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2013, 02:50:32 pm »

If someone wants a die-hard adventurer, you have my banana sword.

oh_no

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2013, 02:58:32 pm »

Huh...I am second...I did not expect that I will be second in my first succession game :D
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2013, 04:56:47 pm »

This sounds awesome. Sign me up.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2013, 05:19:48 pm »

Delete the brackets for my entry, please. I definitely want in on this.

Wow, a thread that's half about me (for the past two pages)! I am deeply honored. Unfortunately, I don't think I can handle writing two separate full-length stories at once (especially not with the Internet/free time issues I've been having). But since you all asked so nicely... if you really want me, consider me chronologist. Be aware, though, that I'm already behind with the Spearbreakers pdf and may find it difficult-to-impossible to compile one for this (I have no access to mediafire anymore).
    Also, sign me up for a turn... this sounds like fun. Oh, and if it might be possible... Could we have it modded to have two separate races of dwarves, one "evil", and the other "good"? My reasoning is that players could wage war on the other civ. That sounds like fun in and of itself.

As to the tumblr, yes, that is mine. I haven't posted there since June, and the poetry isn't nearly as good as you say, in my opinion, but thank you for the compliments all the same.
You could use Filebeam instead of mediafire.

The idea of evil dwarves seems cool, too.
Wait... Evil dwarves == Holistic spawn!?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2013, 06:54:04 pm »

I don't think we should mod out a game that hasn't even been released yet, but the idea of dark dwarves would be nice for people who just want to fudge with other people.
Wow, this IS starting to sound like a multiplayer game, now.

Also, Woo! We got Talvieno here, hopefully by the time this is released, you might have something to help you out with that, and good luck on your projects!

I getting kinda worried that someone will end up rendering all the non-dwarf races extinct by year 20. But if that happens, I guess we could mod in the ability to embark with them and re-start the dead race. Which sounds totally awesome, by the way.

I wonder if we could get Corai in here to make a kobold adventurer?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

wowie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2013, 11:46:01 pm »

(I have no access to mediafire anymore).
You could use Filebeam instead of mediafire.
I will record full unedited screencasts of my turn using http://obsproject.com/ and upload it to http://www.filedropper.com/ for others to fiddle around with.
In other news, I will have to wait about 3 to 4 months for my turn to arrive, after DF2013 is released, assuming that all that are ahead of me use their full 7 days.
I can't describe to you using words... how lame this signature is.

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2013, 12:46:42 am »

I'd like in as well
This seems like a great idea for my first succession game
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2013, 02:07:37 am »

I'd like in as well
This seems like a great idea for my first succession game

Except that you'd have to wait a few months for DF2013 to be released since it hasn't been.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74