Poll

Should we mod the new world?

No
- 121 (60.5%)
Yes
- 79 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74

Author Topic: DF2014: The Succession World! At Long Last!  (Read 107257 times)

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2013: The Succession World?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »

Consider me interested.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 10:38:04 pm »

Yes sir!
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »

Me to, never done one before
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:17 am »

Well, if I were to do the turn, I would probably have them work on real-time scales, rather than in-game years, due solely to the fact that while a year in fort mode is possible in less than 24 hours of real time, trying that in adventure mode would take a massively longer time-frame, and since some people would undoubtably want some adventure time(no pun intended), it would probably work best by limiting turns to real-time spans, I'd say greater than 24 hours, but less than a week.

Rules could always change, however, we still have months to go.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 10:40:22 am »

I agree, real-time turns sound more reasonable to me.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 01:47:55 pm »

Exactly: and Another thing is: one of the adventurers might peirce into the fortress and kill everybody.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 07:30:01 pm »

Exactly: and Another thing is: one of the adventurers might peirce into the fortress and kill everybody.
I think we should have a rule against that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:25 am »

We shouldn't mess to much with the creations of others without their permission, but where is the fun if we don't interact with each other?
We need challenges and competitions maybe even some sort of factions. If everyone just abandons the last fort and starts a new one instead of implementing the others work into his own atleast somehow this is going to be boring.

and if one needs help, you could ferry over supplies as an adventurer with demi-god level fighting power to save them from an incoming siege.

We could create whole squads of completely overpowered adventurers and transfer them from one fortress to the other if requested. The other adventurers could join you as companions so you can raid those new elven villages and slaughter everything in your path together. Somebody could embark with tons of building material only to build something like a tavern were we store our greatest treasure. We can massproduce necromancers, lure all the animated monsters to the same site and drop them there as throphies. If we are willing there are thousands of possibilities.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:42:28 am by Yuli Vlasi »
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 10:22:29 am »

Not sure if I might be able to partecipate, but looking forward to it.
But I also would like Talvieno as the World Bard.
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

wowie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 02:07:01 pm »

I'd be interested, if only to see how much FUN I add to the world. :)
I can't describe to you using words... how lame this signature is.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 03:00:10 am »

I'd like to be a part of this. Purely as a hypothetical, of course, what happens if someone pumps the magma sea up to the surface? Would that affect neighboring forts with a seepage of molten rock?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:33 am »

I'd like to be a part of this. Purely as a hypothetical, of course, what happens if someone pumps the magma sea up to the surface? Would that affect neighboring forts with a seepage of molten rock?
Yes, yes it would. It's best not to, though, because Project: Fuck The World [version DF2013] sounds like a massive waste of resources and FPS, and will make everything very ‼FUN‼ for everyone else. Disregard this. I forgot I was on Bay12.

<section break!>

I'll join or participate or post occasionally or make semi-unrelated lame jokes or whatever. This sounds like it will be very cool.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 07:08:24 am »

It's funny how close this idea actually gets to becoming a real multiplayer game.

When DF was in the early stages of development, I thought for sure it would be impossible to have any kind of multiplayer experience aside from swapping saves around.

Then lo and behold, we have the game able to allow us to construct independent forts and keep them running while they're not being actively played.

Seems like such a small step to take this to the next level of a devoted world server where players log in to their forts.

While it won't happen, the realities of what are coming are still such an amazing development in the game's features.

wowie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 05:31:27 pm »

Somewhat offtopic: Dueling with adventurers would be fun.
I can't describe to you using words... how lame this signature is.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 05:54:03 pm »

mastahcheese, this is really good idea, I join.

Edit: Maybe we will can pour magma at the whole world?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:57:16 pm by Volfgarix »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74