Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game]  (Read 4077 times)

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game]
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 11:19:13 am »

Right, some things to fix for some of you before we can start (signups are closed now.)

mesor: Missing a proper background, I need this to write up proper fluff in the turns, so please write that up, next thing is that you're description of your characters appeareance isn't really the best and your regiment can't be from Hochwald, it could be out of a village close to it but not directly in it.

GWG: Need a description on what exactly you want your traits to do, if you could further explain it that would be perfect.

scapheap: A little more background/appeareance would be quite nice so I can get some ideas for storywriting.

IEC: My actual fault for not saying so but 130 miles west of the capital would be well into enemy territory, I don't want to use exact ranges for stuff like that because it limits the way I can use the map how I want, but you guys better think of Nirias as a small state of america, not really the biggest.

germaina: Nope, you don't fill experience out, I think I mentioned it in the rules, nothing else wrong with the sheet.

You just slapped the cool-sounding territory names together without giving the slightest of thoughts to their meaning, didn't you? Because a barony, a kingdom and a county all being the same size is, frankly, ridiculous.
Probably, they weren't. This takes place after the fall of a great empire. The Baron/ Count must have gathered terretory, or the kingdom lost it.

What ebbor said, the kingdom fell apart pretty much, also mind that the end borders of the territories aren't shown on the map, the kingdom and barony stretch out far beyond the map border while the county is pretty much as small as it is on the map with just some more territory east.

ALSO TO ALL PLAYERS:
Some more information on upgrading/size of your units and how to get new one's will be added once we start, once all sheets are ready (hopefully tomorrow) 1st turn will begin.

Before I forget it: Waitlist is open naow'.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:23:35 am by Caelyth »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:20:49 am »

GWG: Need a description on what exactly you want your traits to do, if you could further explain it that would be perfect.
Bravery: He's hard to scare.
Intuition: He's good at guessing things that are right.

I'm no good at balance, which is why I left the specifics up to you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 12:32:23 pm »

No, you didn't say Experience wasn't accounted for. Fixed that and Avrion's location.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:38 pm »

Updated, it does say experience is from combat only.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 02:04:24 pm »

Updated, anything else?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 04:15:07 pm »

Knew I shoulda atleast reserved earlier. Oh well... waitlisted :(

Spoiler: Nathan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stalwarts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:57:49 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 05:28:31 pm »

All updated people: Good job, I'll wait for tomorrow and if I have no update from the others till then they're out, also to Maxinum: I'll see how the first battle goes, or rather the first turn, if it's not that much work I'll get you in after the first battle/infront of it or something. I think in general battles are going to be less time consuming than non-battle turns.

Caelyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Battle of Eras [Combat/Roleplaying Mount&Musket Game] - TURN 1
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 05:15:11 pm »

TURN 1 - January 61 ATF

All of you just left the military academy of Niria after being assigned to your new regiments, you head to the training yards of the respective uniit, each located close to the capital, all of you notice the increase in raised Militia regiments, and rumors are heard that Niria will head into battle soon. From High Command you recieved orders of the need that your militia must be battle ready in less then four months, not much of a time to turn bad equipped farmers into real soldiers, but you will see. As you arrive you're two NCOs are awaiting training orders and have several complaints to you, mostly about the bad quality of different equipment and weapons. This is your chance to prove that you can do this.

Druce Rearat
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gaston Pierrot

Clair Clogs

Torik, son of hender

Lezalit Mithras

Nathan Cooper

// PLEASE NOTE: // All turn actions/orders must be BOLD and you have to state your character name BEFORE the turn, any actions posted without a name infront of them or stuff that is not bold is not taken into account, k thx. Maxinum, you're in, I think I can handle 6 players, just submit your 2nd trait soon.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 05:24:34 pm »

Clair Clogs-First thing my men will train in ranged and speed over the month. I will see if my class and winning personally can get better equipment and weapons then make contacts within Harrington.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 05:45:11 pm »

Lezalit Mithras

My men will train in speed and ranged for the month.
I will ask around about any work that needs doing.
I will visit the requisitions officer and ask if they have anything I can do in exchange for better equipment.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:00:48 pm by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 05:51:19 pm »

Thorik--Thorik will teach his troops ranged and melee combat for the month, personally drilling them so he makes sure they work the way he needs them to work if they're going to work as either a team, individuals, or anywhere in between.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 06:14:19 pm »

Gaston-Gaston will train his troops in melee combat and speed for the month.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:25:58 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 06:15:38 pm »

(( Uhm do your men have horses? In general militia do not get horses it requires to much training. Plus it costs a lot. ))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 06:22:44 pm »

Edited.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 06:24:12 pm »

Druce

Focus training on Speed and Endurance
Have request routed up chain of command stating the men will be ready on time but will need better equipment for the actual fighting.

Men, I understand you have issues about the quality of your equipment.  It has been noted and I will do everything in my power to correct it.  In the mean time, you will use what is available.  My focus is to make you able to out maneuver and out last your enemies.  In order to do that, you will have to be fit.  I will work you hard, but only because war is hard.  I know, I have been there.  And when I was there, I was in your shoes.  I was on the front lines.  Should you allow me to do what I need to do and focus on what your NCOs tell you to do, we will be the best unit out there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4