Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does the Community want to see this as a succession fort, a community fort, or for it to continue as a story? (Please note that I am terrible at regular entries)

Succession fort, standard spring-spring
- 1 (50%)
Succession fort, 2 years per turn
- 0 (0%)
Succession fort, real-time turns (probably a few days-a week)
- 0 (0%)
Succession fort, turns based on project completion
- 1 (50%)
Community fort, run by someone who can make regular contributions/actually knows what they're doing
- 0 (0%)
Keep it the Same
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Drainfire: The fortress In the Volcano  (Read 1797 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Drainfire: The fortress In the Volcano
« on: December 30, 2012, 09:36:35 pm »

So, I had the idea earlier to drain a volcano and build a fortress inside... So I set up a world with plenty of embark points, and set out with 6 miner/masons and a cook, ~450 drinks, ~400 food, 6 picks, various animals, and 1500 boulders of rutile (side note-if you bring enough stuff, they send you off with two wagons). The full name of our outpost is Drainfire the Awe-inspiring Empty Earth-Bowel of Flames, started by The Empty Sense of Insanity. (please note that the group name was random minus the 'of insanity' part)

Volcano is drained, and I'm currently working on connecting the top and bottom- seventy z-levels in between... I'm a bit more than halfway done. Currently, the bottom is floored off, and there is a river running through, connected to a well in the meeting hall. Also, lowest level forges and smelters are ready to be set up.

Also, I'm running my own mod, Fortress Complete, if anyone wonders where I'm getting some cool stuff from later on

I need more ideas on what to put in the intervening levels.
currently, we have:
70 levels total
 -1 level -meeting hall
 -1 level -various offices & river
 -4 levels -bedrooms
 -1 level -hospital, barracks
 -2 levels -forges & metal storage
 -2 levels -pastures
 -2 levels -statue gardens, zoo
 -1 level -farms
 -2 levels -storage and workshops
 -2 levels -bathhouse
 -2 levels -
=20 levels planned
=50 extra levels to put stuff in.

Conclusion:
I need more Ideas. How can we spite this volcano to our fullest potential? Luxury resort or Doomy deathtrap?

Note-All added suggestions will be put in this post
Other Note- All levels will be completely contained in a standard lava tube (they're all the same) They also need to have at least one open tile somewhere around them, to allow the magma to fill up.

EDIT:Forgot Memorial hall...

« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:10:00 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Drainfire: The fortress In the Volcano
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:52:26 pm »

I've checked through the mod. Have you managed to mass-produce left and right gauntlets properly? I've heard there's a bug with that?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Drainfire: The fortress In the Volcano
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 12:26:04 pm »

I've checked through the mod. Have you managed to mass-produce left and right gauntlets properly? I've heard there's a bug with that?

Well, I fixed the problem of mass-producing gauntlets, not by making left/right ones, but by removing the left/right tags from the hands. Everything in-game still works the same, other than you can't use left/right gauntlets, only non-directional gauntlets. But we can make millions of them. Also, dwarves won't have gauntlets/gloves/mittens anymore (They would have made them left/right, if I infer correctly- if you test it and they just make normal ones, pm me)

Also, because of this update that I sent out and fixed stuff in, I'm starting this project over again, but it should go quicker due to the use of the construction helper.

I'm still going to need suggestions for the intervening floors, though.

Also, putting up a poll for succession fort possibility or community fort possibility
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma