Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Trust Mafia 2 (0/2) - Game over!  (Read 7650 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Trust Mafia 2 (2/2) - Pistols at dawn
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2013, 10:12:22 pm »

Unfortunately, if I no lynch you could kill me.  I think we should wait until tomorrow and see what we can pick apart from each other then, it's awfully late and there might be unforeseen events we could have never predicted if we end the game now.

I would really like to point out Webadict, that the mentality "I'll end the round before I go to bed" is a wrong one.  A week is too long, yes, but simply flipping a coin because you're done with your snack is wrong.  Make the commitment.  (Also don't be a hypocrite and a jerk)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2013, 10:27:29 pm »

Unfortunately, if I no lynch you could kill me.  I think we should wait until tomorrow and see what we can pick apart from each other then, it's awfully late and there might be unforeseen events we could have never predicted if we end the game now.

I would really like to point out Webadict, that the mentality "I'll end the round before I go to bed" is a wrong one.  A week is too long, yes, but simply flipping a coin because you're done with your snack is wrong.  Make the commitment.  (Also don't be a hypocrite and a jerk)
Well, that's a real shame.

It's not about finishing fast. It's just that I don't need the time. It's simple.

You're the assassin. Knowing as little as I do about you, I can safely assume that your emotional appeals are really for naught. You keep saying to trust you, but for what reason? You don't show me any trust. You know my gun is loaded, yet you're too afraid to throw yours away. Nah. I think you'd be a little more willing to throw your gun if you were town, especially because you know I'm not bluffing. I will shoot you in the head right now. If you think I'm mafia, let me prove otherwise by shooting you. If you're town, this is your only chance to save yourself. Throw the gun away, and we both live. I'm not going to feel bad about other games, because they have nothing to do with this game. This isn't about being a jerk or a hypocrite. This is just me and you having a rational conversation about how you expect to figure out whether I'm scum.

So, I say to you: Make the commitment. Throw the gun. If you think I'm mafia, then that's a shame, because I will shoot you next post. If you don't think I'm mafia, then the only way to win is to throw the gun, because I'm not throwing mine. That's putting a lot of pressure on you, but I believe you're mafia, so even if you wanted to, you can't shoot me.

Last chance. Throw the gun, or I shoot you. If you're mafia, you can't. If you're town, then I'd throw the gun, because I'm going to shoot you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2013, 10:44:12 pm »

Strangely, you're giving me a "last chance" again.  Your previous post said "one last shot", but that implies the same thing.

What I'm thinking now is you're pressuring me into throwing my gun away, and I'm not going to do it right now.  I am not going to be instigated by you and I think your philosophy is completely wrong there.  Or maybe it's because you couldn't get the answer you wanted in my last post?  I don't see why you'd respond again otherwise.  Basically, cool your freakin' jets and as you said, act rationally.  If you shoot now you will have learned nothing and we lose.

Likewise, with a new day our chances of making the correct choice will almost certainly skyrocket.  The two major reason I'm not action-ing right now is 1. The first game is an example to go by and 2. You're Webadict, I'm ToonyMan.  I want to be sure of my victory, as do you.  We could both win, the hard part is that I know you're Webadict and it's hard to read you as well.  A day would benefit grandly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 10:47:38 pm »

Strangely, you're giving me a "last chance" again.  Your previous post said "one last shot", but that implies the same thing.

What I'm thinking now is you're pressuring me into throwing my gun away, and I'm not going to do it right now.  I am not going to be instigated by you and I think your philosophy is completely wrong there.  Or maybe it's because you couldn't get the answer you wanted in my last post?  I don't see why you'd respond again otherwise.  Basically, cool your freakin' jets and as you said, act rationally.  If you shoot now you will have learned nothing and we lose.

Likewise, with a new day our chances of making the correct choice will almost certainly skyrocket.  The two major reason I'm not action-ing right now is 1. The first game is an example to go by and 2. You're Webadict, I'm ToonyMan.  I want to be sure of my victory, as do you.  We could both win, the hard part is that I know you're Webadict and it's hard to read you as well.  A day would benefit grandly.
Oh ToonyMan.

How you cling to life.

Your words are hollow. Just like your gun.

I'll be sure to tell your widow how mu-*BLAM*

ToonyMan

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 10:48:49 pm »

shit

EDIT:
I think it's probably best to provoke the enemy that you'll shoot if you're mafia, hopefully getting the other to drop their gun.  The delay tactic sucks and is scummy.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:55:02 pm by ToonyMan »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 10:57:06 pm »

That's kind of the downside to this game. Townies have a lot of pressure they can exert on the other person to throw their gun. The only way to fight that is to make them throw theirs first. But, in order to do that, you have to bluff them out be saying you'll shoot them first. It's like a Mexican standoff, except you reeeeeally need to mean it.

EDIT: And that's exactly what you ninja edited to say. I agree.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »

webadict attempts to make a surprise attack on ToonyMan, but the great assassin Hassan cannot be surprised so easily.  Before the trigger is pulled ToonyMan hurls himself forward, his hands reaching for the gun... but he is struck by the bullet a fraction of a second before colliding with webadict.

ToonyMan has been lynched!  He was a voteless mafia goon!

webadict has survived!  He was a townie!

webadict gets up and looks around.  Hmm, should probably just add this body to the pile for now.  This might be difficult to explain to the sherriff.

Game over!  webadict has won!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 11:03:09 pm »

Yeah, ToonyMan made a valiant effort but ultimately it came across too much like he knew webadict's alignment but wasn't acting on it.  As mafia you either need to be aggressive or indecisive, as far as I can tell.  Ultimately if the game is still going neither player has shot, so "you haven't shot yet" should be avoidable as a scumtell with effort.

The deadline could probably be reduced pretty dramatically too.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 11:04:39 pm »

webadict always wins.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:24 pm »

webadict always wins.
Not always. Just often.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trust Mafia 2 (0/2) - Game over!
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:09 am »

Oh my god.  That Toony/Webadict game was priceless.  Well played, dudes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2013, 08:11:29 pm »

Oh my god.  That Toony/Webadict game was priceless.  Well played, dudes.
This ain't my first roh-deo, missy. I figured it'd be fun to play along with Mr. Man.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013, 08:53:43 pm »

Oh do we all get dumb nick names??  I call Toony 'The Milkman' Man.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 10:15:48 pm »

Oh do we all get dumb nick names??  I call Toony 'The Milkman' Man.
Well, I was debating Toonster, Loony Toon(y), and a few others. I figured I'd make you dignified in your lunacy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 08:58:02 am »

Toonster wouldn't be confusing at all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5