Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Trust Mafia 2 (0/2) - Game over!  (Read 7652 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Trust Mafia (0/2) - Game over!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 07:27:20 pm »

If you thought he was about to choose wrongly as town then it'd be better to no lynch :P.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »

He was probably still acting under the influence of my applied insanity effects.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 07:42:53 pm »

In.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2013, 07:43:34 pm »

In.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2013, 07:45:42 pm »

Well, we all know how this is gon-

Assassinate ToonyMan

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2013, 07:50:50 pm »

I'll generate the setup now.  The randomization process will be:

Generate a number from 1 to 3.
If 1: both players are town.
If 2: webadict is town, Toony is mafia.
If 3: Toony is town, webadict is mafia.

The townie role PM will be as follows.

You are an innocent townie who happened to stumble across Leafsnail's, Nerjin's and Urist Imiknorris' corpses.  You spotted someone else next to them, and a few seconds later you had your guns pointed at each other's heads.

Could this be the famous assassin Hassan, capable of killing a man with his bare hands within seconds?  If it is you can't afford to point your gun away from him for second, and must ultimately shoot him.  If it is Hassan then at least he must have already used his bullet during the previous massacre.

Or is it another innocent townie who happened to find the corpses?  If so you need to fire your bullet away from him to demonstrate that you aren't Hassan, and that you mean no harm.

You win if, after the day, all townies are alive and there are no living mafia members.  Otherwise, you lose.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 07:53:19 pm »

((PTW))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trust Mafia (2/2) - Starting
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2013, 07:54:25 pm »

The game has started!  Deadline is in one week's time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trust Mafia 2 (2/2) - Pistols at dawn
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2013, 07:57:32 pm »

I don't need a week.

ToonyMan, what bogus reason do you have not to shoot me?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 08:20:02 pm »

ToonyMan, what bogus reason do you have not to shoot me?
Sorry Webadict, but from my understand, and I do mean understanding, you are trying to make us both lose.  Because you're a jerk who kept the dueling voting system in BYOR11.  Or maybe we should vote Shakerag instead?  Either way, let's call our odds and play it cool.  I mean, the paranoia and being trigger happy is what brought down the previous game to a lose.  If we can make considerations and compromises then we can get out of this Scot free.  I know I'm town, and you are can be either or, but it's best to see what we can make of this without trading blows immediately.

Webadict, my friend, it's clear to everyone here (that being the PTWers) that butting heads and strife is not meant for us, it's meant for the viewers; the ones being entertained.  By voting me or causing trouble, you are only satisfying the ones that are watching us!  You gain nothing!  I gain nothing!  It's a complete lose for both of us.

I must also add, that while you may think I am trying to be unreadable, that is simply not true.  I am an expert scum player.  I am an expert town player.  You yourself have stated that I am a GOOD mafia player.  By voting me you are only being a by-the-definition hypocrite.  I won't shoot you right away, because that would only ruin my reputation.  And as a GOOD mafia player, I must not ruin my reputation.

This is not flattery either.  I am not flattering you, nor am I flattering myself.  I am only stating the truth.  The truth of the matter, the game.  Town have a feeling of impartial law.  This is why imperials will always yell at you to pay fines and shit.  This is why, as town, I have a greater understanding of this game and how we can both win.  And as this goes on I will be able to determine the genuity of your sincerity and judge you as a proper player.  Not listening to what pleasure or satisfaction the onlookers gather in fantasy.

1. I am town
2. Voting me would make you a hypocrite and jerk
3. Don't satisfy the lurkers

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 08:34:52 pm »

By your very words, dear Toonie, you seem to have written me off as innocent. But, there'd be no way to do that unless you yourself were that famous assassin I've heard ever so much about. I see that gun to my head that you hold, but it looks awfully light, don't you think?

While I'd love to give you something cliched about how many bullets you fired, I'm afraid I'm simply running on empty. You know what isn't empty?

My gun.

I have the ability to end this at any moment. And you know that. I know that you know that. But, WHY do you know that? So, the question is, do I call your bluff? Or do I turn on the safety? Well, shoot, my trigger finger is awfully itchy these days. I wouldn't want to make any rash decisions, but who knows? Maybe the gun simply went off on it's own.

So, is that all you have for bogus reasons? Or are we gonna have a debate about who lays down their gun first? I can't let you get away if you're just gonna kill me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 08:51:51 pm »

By your very words, dear Toonie, you seem to have written me off as innocent. But, there'd be no way to do that unless you yourself were that famous assassin I've heard ever so much about. I see that gun to my head that you hold, but it looks awfully light, don't you think?
I don't think you're innocent until I can feel around your words first.  Your observation skills are sharp, but only because the gun model itself is lighter than yours, something I can see just as well.

While I'd love to give you something cliched about how many bullets you fired, I'm afraid I'm simply running on empty. You know what isn't empty?
My gun.
I have the ability to end this at any moment. And you know that. I know that you know that. But, WHY do you know that? So, the question is, do I call your bluff? Or do I turn on the safety? Well, shoot, my trigger finger is awfully itchy these days. I wouldn't want to make any rash decisions, but who knows? Maybe the gun simply went off on it's own.
I know that you know that too.  I know that you know that I know that we can end this.  But you haven't, and I haven't.  This most likely means that we do not want to shoot the other.  But having two mafia is impossible, so we must be two townies.  If you are agitated enough that your gun could go off at any moment then you would be no better than the previous game, where two innocent townies couldn't resist the urge of suspicion.  We must doubt, but also be able to forgive and get our happy end.

So, is that all you have for bogus reasons? Or are we gonna have a debate about who lays down their gun first? I can't let you get away if you're just gonna kill me.
I can't let you get away if you're gonna kill me either.  See the mirror there?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2013, 09:14:29 pm »

You seem to be more afraid of my gun than making a mistake. What are you trying to find in my words to convince yourself my gun is even loaded?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »

You seem to be more afraid of my gun than making a mistake. What are you trying to find in my words to convince yourself my gun is even loaded?
Everybody makes mistakes.  I've made numerous mistakes just playing this simple game, but there's no way to erase those mistakes.  Obviously a perfect being (perfect being the goal at succeeding in everything) could win every game, and because of the fact you aren't shooting me right away even after your quick-to-be first game post this is leading me to gather truth for a correct decision.  You just gotta believe me.  I know I do.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2013, 10:05:48 pm »

Everybody makes mistakes.  I've made numerous mistakes just playing this simple game, but there's no way to erase those mistakes.  Obviously a perfect being (perfect being the goal at succeeding in everything) could win every game, and because of the fact you aren't shooting me right away even after your quick-to-be first game post this is leading me to gather truth for a correct decision.  You just gotta believe me.  I know I do.
The more you talk, the further this trigger gets going.

One last shot. You no lynch, and I don't shoot you. You come up with a good reason, and I don't shoot you. Otherwise, I'm pulling the trigger. Simply put: I don't trust you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5