Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stupid Comics  (Read 4076 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Comics
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 11:42:09 am »

Spoiler: 5. Fucking FATAL (click to show/hide)
This will be the last update for some time so I hope you enjoy this one.
My wooden badge was delicious.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 08:08:23 pm »

Spoiler: 6. Critical Success (click to show/hide)
This really happened... to me :(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:28:27 pm by GoombaGeek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:02 pm »

*ahem*
GIMBAGOOK MAEKNIG COMIKS?!onequestionmarkexclamationmark1
*ahem*
Anyhow, nice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:57 am »

Spoiler: 7: True Tales, Part II (click to show/hide)
I'd allow this if I was GMing. It's pretty funny to imagine your adventurers ducking into a 9' by 9' hallway, and the gelatinous cube is unable to follow.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 02:11:03 pm »

I'm the type of GM that usually finds it funnier to point out that a 10x10 gelatinous cube can still technically squeeze into a 5x5 hallway, just losing its dex bonus and gaining a redundant AC penalty for doing so.

But if they think of that, I'd allow it.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »

I'm the type of GM that usually finds it funnier to point out that a 10x10 gelatinous cube can still technically squeeze into a 5x5 hallway, just losing its dex bonus and gaining a redundant AC penalty for doing so.

But if they think of that, I'd allow it.  :P
I've been playing Swords and Wizardry (embellished 1e) for this particular campaign, so I'm not sure if that's possible in our Old School Gaming.

The compression gives me an idea, though...

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 10:44:27 pm »

Is FATAL really as bad as it sounds? I mean, you'd think that would be impossible . . .
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:26 am »

Is FATAL really as bad as it sounds? I mean, you'd think that would be impossible . . .

FATAL's an easy joke. Nobody's who jokes about it has actually played it, and the common knowledge of it's heinousness comes from the
RPGNet review which uses hyperbole for effect.

Nobody plays FATAL because the rulebook is 900-odd pages long and the vast majority of those rules are esoteric mathematical
blasphemies that take control away from the player. Character creation takes hours, the character sheet is eight pages long to my memory
and there are about 30 pedantic and often contradictory stats. Little to no choice is provided in charcater creation mechanically.

The setting is either bland, illogical, or insultingly sophomoric depending on which parts you look at. There are rules that trivialize rape and sexism.
There are thousand row tables of shitty death metal lyrics. Spell ingredients use charming colloquialisms like "cunt-pipe"

Like any RPG it's really only as bad as the people who you play it with but with the exception of the creators and a few micromanaging rape enthusiasts
nobody has played it. You haven't played it. Goombageek hasn't played it. That guy in the purple shirt in the comic hasn't played it. I've never gotten more than a quarter into the steps required to play it. It's not fun.

(You might be able to kill someone with it if you got the hardcover. I had a PDF so I don't know.)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 12:16:30 am »

PTW.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 12:33:19 am »

Does anyone know what's wrong with whoever made it?

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 01:28:56 am »

He's an asshole.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 02:29:35 am »

Well yes, but there seems to be more than that.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 11:46:41 am »

I've read about half of everything that wasn't charts. I haven't played it because no sane person wants to play FATAL.

As for what's wrong with Mr. Hall, I'd assume he's just a very, very lonely man bereft of any kind of human contact whatsoever.

It has its moments, but mostly it's just a boring and stupid system. For instance, you have 20 skills, which must be determined by (4d100/2)-1. This means that (if you use two d10s and not an awesome d100 like mine) you have to roll 160 dice to determine your initial stats. There are also about a hundred skills or professions. And two of those skills are Silversmithing and Goldsmithing, which are apparently so different in scope that becoming an expert at one does nothing to increase your skill in the other. The game is also full of charts, giant charts, boring charts. They are boring, not funny. They are the reason why FATAL is terrible-abysmal-bad and not funny-haha-bad. Luckily, it was never published (so perhaps Purple Shirt Guy is actually the author and has lovingly hand-bound it with a mysterious adhesive, and is now looking for someone to pass the dripping tome of madness onto).

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 02:33:16 pm »

I snorted aloud at the gelatinous cube one.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »

Spoiler: 8. Movie of the Year (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3