Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51220 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #495 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:28 am »

(Just for the record, I'm not going to post an action until I understand how I could solve the Worship issue. Sounds like it has something to do with having to pay upkeep on worshipers...which, if accurate, means I'm screwed.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 27, 2013, 02:31:44 pm »

Javier
Empower the dAIDS inside Jebyg, so it's not imp level disease, it shall be demonic level
Create a pestilence imp, and a trickery imp
Let my demon gather more worshippers
Let 1 imp spread uncommon cold, have the other create carriers
Have the trickery imp  make my Komodo men worship me, as I am their creator
Create Pantheon with Cupiditas, and Usirian
Join the Crusade of to kill/capture the Beast of the north

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 27, 2013, 02:45:31 pm »

Cupiditas

In the far distance a cry is heard "NOOOO!!!"

Go look for a city current untouched by other powers. Start twisting their dreams into lusty ones. Send Evious to spread my word.
Create Pantheon with Javier, and Usirian
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 27, 2013, 03:29:10 pm »

Jim

Once more talk to the goblins about golems and explain that they are not in fact made with trapped souls but rather with magic.  Have the goblins start creating a fortress with metal from the mines.  Go through the goblins and find the most loyal among them.  Report findings to Azem (Vgray) so that he may bestow upon him whatever gift he had in mind.  Send out goblins to catch animals to test with my mana generator.

Lastly, work on developing a new form of magic that can be taught to mortals.
The magic would have two flavors: Pure Magic and Death Magic.

Pure Magic is gained from a mortal draining heat energy from their surroundings and is quicker and easier to use than Death Magic.  Death Magic is when the caster drains energy from something living to cast more powerful spells that they would not normally be able to cast with Pure Magic.  Death Magic would be less useful in combat and more useful for rituals because it would require living things to be brought in and sacrificed to fuel the spells.  Pure Magic on the other hand would be useful for quick casting such as hurling a fireball or healing a minor wound.

Edit: Also collaborate with Usael (racnor) on a way to bind these new magic users to our will with a magically binding contract (possibly involving them pledging their minds, bodies and souls to us).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:31:57 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 27, 2013, 04:16:39 pm »

Xandiel

-Dispatch Juben to use his aspect of Trickery to capture mortals for use in the mana generators. I'll further instruct that the victims should be bandits, brigands, tax collectors - only those with an Evil alignment.
-Begin work on my Homunculous design. Intelligence and Speed are the two elements I intend it to excel in, and will focus my design specifications thusly. As for it's power source, it will be powered by a soul.
-Attempt to meet with a few members of the Council of Representatives - a private meeting, four people in total ideally. If possible, the four members that were most sympathetic to my offer.
""Your concept of manifest destiny is the rightful course of humanity; I am here to assist you in that. Freedom from the Gods, independance, and prosperity can all be yours as Technology accelerates."
Show off the new crossbow weapon, and state that in time, I would be willing to arm their nation with the weapon, along with other innovations - if they can demonstrate that they are truly a friend to progress.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2013, 04:58:20 pm »

Usael finishes the library, and begins teaching his selected students (seven at max, obviously none of them should be worshipers of someone else.)
He then collaborates with Jim on his magic, contributing an equal amount of power, and binds those who learn the magic to these laws:

These can be changed if you want.

He then joins the expedition to determine the nature of the thing in the north.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 27, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »

I just have few additions to make for the set out laws in the contract:

6) The Fae Lord(s) responsible for the contract is/are capable of revoking said contract and wiping the memory and magic abilities of the recipient at any time should said lord(s) feel that they are unworthy of wielding the power they have been given.  This enables us to remove the ability for a contract wielder to cast magic without killing them if we so desire.

7) Once a person has signed a contract with a Fae Lord, they are bound to the Fae Lord's will forever until the Lord chooses to release him or her.

8 ) A Fae Lord can modify a contract and it's rules at any point should he or she desire with the exception of rules 4,5,6,7 and 8
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 29, 2013, 07:08:16 pm »

(Just realised I hadn't posted a turn)

Azaroth

1. Find loyal smiths and put them to work in the temple, creating arms and armour for the glory of Azaroth.
2. If none available, convert smiths to the true faith.
3. Orobos is put in charge of the smiths (I assume having a knowledge of war implies at least basic knowledge of what good military equipment is like)
4. Azaroth will gather more followers to his name from any surrounding villages, working his way outwards.
5. turn the most faithful into a prophet (or whatever the devil version is). (S)he will be the battle priest, lead sermons in the name of Azaroth, train the believers in the art of war (assisted by Azaroth) and have a small cadre of personal bodyguards hand picked from the ranks. (S)he will also be given combat based magics.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 29, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »

(Just realised I hadn't posted a turn)

Azaroth

1. Find loyal smiths and put them to work in the temple, creating arms and armour for the glory of Azaroth.
2. If none available, convert smiths to the true faith.
3. Orobos is put in charge of the smiths (I assume having a knowledge of war implies at least basic knowledge of what good military equipment is like)
4. Azaroth will gather more followers to his name from any surrounding villages, working his way outwards.
5. turn the most faithful into a prophet (or whatever the devil version is). (S)he will be the battle priest, lead sermons in the name of Azaroth, train the believers in the art of war (assisted by Azaroth) and have a small cadre of personal bodyguards hand picked from the ranks. (S)he will also be given combat based magics.

The Devil version is a Sorcerer(s) they get one of your concepts.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 29, 2013, 07:22:28 pm »

In that case they'll get War.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 29, 2013, 10:41:15 pm »

Alright. Here goes nothing.

With much unhappiness, I must--and do--discontinue healing miracles, with a note to my followers that I would continue if I had more worshipers.

Send workers, energy, etc, to aid Azem's constructions on Divalcatraz and the new temple. Send the Eladrin to the construction site of Divalcatraz to help protect the workers from various dangers.
Also help Alrezar with the temple he is building with workers or something.
Aid Jim's attempts to teach mortals Pure Magic with my own power and knowledge.
Continue trying to recruit.

Halt ALL actions which require expenditure of power if I am in danger of falling asleep. I must be awake next turn...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 02, 2013, 01:48:10 am »

Turn 10

World:

Map:
Kinda crappy since it was scanned, but here ya go
Derp

Population:
Chaos Creatures: 15(Why are you guys hatin' on them so much? Some of them worship you. They're actually common now; almost one out of every ten people in most cities is a CC)
Dwarves: 10
Eladrin: (.0)10
Fae: ?
Goblins: 16
Humans: 144
Total: 185(Counted up your followers and this number; you guys actually only had about 2/3 of the world worshiping one of you or another.)

Azaroth: "Azaroth, Lord of Pillage, I bring you news...Astater, your prophetess, wishes to tell you that several suits of armor and five different weapons were produced today alone..." You smile as the serf reports this news. Suddenly, you feel a wrenching. A draining of power to yourself. In the last of the planes you inhabit, you turn your gaze upon Orobos, for aid, and see that he is more powerful than ever. "I no longer require you, Azaroth," he says, grinning idiotically. "I have enough power to defeat you!" Eyes burning with rage, you turn your power upon him and strike. The fool does not realize that you know every little detail of him, in form and mannerism. This betrayal was unexpected, but you are a being of war and destruction, far more powerful than this mere demon could ever hope to be. A fast battle ensues, the two of you taking physical form and fighting upon the sea. You, mostly so your towns are not ravaged by the fighting, and Orobos, the coward, trying to protect himself from your flame. But it is of no avail, and, mortally wounded, Orobos flees north. Returning to your towns, you see that many of your worshipers have left, mostly the uncertain and the forced. You have been gone for several months, you find, fighting the traitor. Astater still oversees in your absence and is relieved to see you return. Exhausted from your fight, you take a break to try and figure out what to do...Orobos is almost certainly going to die on his own, without a follower base, the demon will not be able to recover. Your own power base is greatly diminished.
Battle Rating: 14
Devastation(basically, what was destroyed in the world. Doesn't give you all that much, but is an incentive to raze cities) Rating: 5
Followers gained: Jack squat.
Followers lost: 4(1), 2(2), 1(3)
Followers: 1(4), 3(3), 6(2), 12(1)
Imps: Malofixus, Imp of Fire
Influence used: 41
Influence gained: 62
Influence: 138

Azem: As Fuegos begins killing the Chaos Creatures, and you feel the pantheon changing slightly, your dwarves begin constructing two temples, carved into the side of the mountain. As well, Jebyg the bloated little bastard farts a noxious gas upon some of the cities. The dwarves can deal with it, but it's been giving them very unhappy thoughts. He also lights it on fire, but since you're a fire god, it's far easier to control in that form, and it quickly dwindles away. The dwarven caravan near Jiorya leaves some workers behind, who begin creating the massive prison structure around where Delmas once died.
Greed Rating: 13
Wealth Rating: 10
Followers gained: 6(3)
Followers lost: 5(4)
Followers: 6(3), 2(Fae)
Imps: Fuegos, Fire Imp; Gaias, Earth Imp
Influence used: 41
Influence gained: 62
Influence: 78

Cupiditas: Few places are yet untouched, but the few that are, you find. Beginning to create some more wet dreams, you send your Sorcer-or/ess to convert the city, once they arrive. That could be a while. Also, while you try to force the bond of pantheon ship between the group of you, that's not actually how it works.
Agony Rating: 9
Lust Rating: 19
Sorceror: Evious the Unknowable
Imps: Narcisi, Incubus; Delecta, Succubus
Followers gained: 3(1), 2(3), 2(2)
Followers lost: 0
Followers: 2(3), 4(2), 9(1)
Influence used: 35(18 upkeep, 10 Imps, 5 dreams, 2 Pantheon attempt)
Influence gained: 38
Influence: 46

Inithis: As you prepare to attack the beast of the north, you see one of Azaroth's demons; you can tell from it's rage-inducing aura, urging you to fight; flee there. Then it just...disappears. When you approach, a strange presence greets you. It almost seems to...chuckle. A blinding force of red and void. Not even void, but the nonexistence of anything, even time. "No, little one. I am not strong enough yet to wish to fight you. As you are not powerful enough to have a chance. I am feeling generous today, though, so go back. Remember me, build up your afterlife, and know that any you do not save serve to feed me." With that said, you feel an unstoppable force begin to push you back to your realm. It doesn't hurt, strangely. What manner of creature is this?
Followers gained: 3(1)
Followers lost: 1(2)
Followers: 1(4), 5(2), 3(1)
Death Rating: 12
Afterlife Rating: 17
Demon: Cizin, Demon of Death; Hau, Demon of the Afterlife.
Influence used: 58(18 upkeep, 40 Demon)
Influence gained: 46
Influence: 81

Javier: And back to napping you go what with all the magic you did this turn! Made an Imp, empowering disease, trying to spread disease and make carriers...Why, you're so tired you didn't get to join in the fun up north. Sleep tight!
Death Rating: 10
Plague Rating: 17
Followers gained: None, really
Followers lost: 1(3)
Followers: 1(4), 3(3), 3(2), 5(1)
Demon: Haiphael the Disguised One(Trickery)
Imps: Rabis, Plague Imp; Eboli, Plague Imp
Influence used: 81(18 upkeep, 30 Imp, 15 dAIDS, 10 Disease, 2 crusade attempt)
Influence gained: 51
Influence: 0

Kazar: The city is already built, but you notice an issue. The Liches can't reproduce. And they still age, if only because their bodies begin to crumble. This isn't good...Gastarik's getting a bit impatient, too, you notice.
Anger Rating: 10
Pride Rating: 16
Followers gained: 2(2), 1(3)
Followers lost: 1(6), 1(1)
Followers: 1(6), 1(3), 2(2),2(1)
Demon: Gastarik the Rotting(Undeath)
Sorceror: Tiall of the Grinning Skull
Influence used: 18(18 upkeep)
Influenced gained: 41
Influence: 98

Alrezar: An unexpected turn of events; Two Courtiers you meet this decade. One, a strange creature, a bird born of ice and snow, almost like a pheonix, save that Wystiel, as she calls herself, would be reborn in snow, rather than ash. Interesting. And the other is a much more hesitant being, a Daoine Sidhe. But first he challenges you to a game, while Wystiel is glad to be of help in taming the nearby Arctic Terns. The game, it seems, is called hurling, and needs a team of players. On another note, the temple is constructed pretty easily; these Jioryans are skilled at building, especially with timber, though there is little metal to use for the altars. They do find some though, thankfully.
Followers gained: 2
Followers: 16
Faery Court: Delmas, Frost Giant (Cold, Strength); Cecilla, Ice Nymph(Water, Fertility), Wystiel, Giant Frostgull(Ice, Air)
Magic used: 41
Magic gained: 62
Magic: 76

Jim: The older goblins have all died out, or at least enough of them so they don't seem to care either way about golems. The most loyal are reported to Azem, and you begin working on your magic. Magic is a tricky thing though, and it will take a while to learn. While you work on it, you converse with Usael about creating a binding contract to prevent them from misusing the magic. By which of course, you mean using in a way you don't want. On another note, a Bann Sidhe wants to join your court...a risky proposition.
Followers gained: 1
Followers: 9
Magic used: 41
Magic gained: 62
Magic: 122

Usael: Finishing up the Library's construction, you set to work finding seven students to allow learning within it. Unfortunately, you only find five. You work with Jim to try and make magic, but it's difficult, and you don't finish, even with a decade to work. Thankfully, your library does attract a Courtier...a Brownie named Tiph.
Faery Court: Tiph, Brownie(Civilization, Trickery)
Followers: 12
Magic used: 18(3 upkeep, 5 construction, 10 Magic)
Magic gained: 12(12 self, 30 Pantheon)
Magic: 106

Xandiel: The Hospicians are amazed at the ease of use this crossbow has. They eagerly agree to attempt to show you their own exploits, and reveal their own design of something quite different; a floating tower. Powered by the mages inside it, it would have amazing battlefield and peace applications alike. Juben gets plenty of mortals, making them think it's ice cream(not invented yet) good clothes and gold they'll be getting. Evil is really a subjective matter, and since Juben's the one deciding, he's a bit lenient in his definition of Evil.
Followers: 8
Faery Court: Juben, Teinker Sidhe (Invention, Trickery)
Magic used: 19(4 upkeep, 10 research, 5 kidnappings)
Magic gained: 27(7 normal, 20 kidnappings)
Magic: 88

Draco: Extremely worried about your dwindling reserves, you stop granting miracles. Your prophet being who she is, she can still help, though. And, it seems the clergy is finally coming through! Masses of new followers flock to you! Divalcatraz is a bit far to try and send workers to, as is most of Jiorya, but Jim's researchers seem grateful for your assistance.
Followers gained: 5(1), 3(2), 2(3), 1(4), 1(5)
Followers lost: None. Not really, anyway.
Followers: 1(6), 2(4), 2(3) 5(2), 13(1)
Prophet: Magistrate Tylea
Worship used: 47 (37 upkeep, 10 power sent)
Worship gained: 28
Worship: 1

Jebyg: You are greeted by a massive wave of followers; seems that rumors about the gods giving miracles to their followers and their preoccupation with said followers is doing good things for you. An embodiment of your power, an angel, leading your armies, doesn't hurt either. And back to sleep you go. Oh yes, and you know have Diviarrhea.
Followers lost: 2(3)
Followers gained: 2(4), 1(5), 3(2), 3(1)
Followers: 2(5), 2(4), 3(3), 3(2), 11(1)
Angel: Carazkh(Chaos)
Prophet: Carolus the Destroyer
Worship used: 43(37 upkeep, 1 Carolus, 2 dAIDS(will take away more when he's not about to sleep)
Worship gained: 28
Worship: 0

Usirian: You find a goodly sized town and convince them to worship you. It's at the southern edge of the continent, and a god of Revelry is a great thing to be had there.
Followers gained: 5(1), 3(2), 1(4), 1(5)
Followers lost: None
Followers:1(5), 1(4), 3(2), 5(1)
Worship used: 37(37 upkeep)
Worship gained: 0
Worship: 63

Pantheon of Prosperity
Members: Alrezar, Azaroth, Azem, Jim
Income(Actually, found a better way. Pool all the member's income. Multiply by (1+(PaSi/PaSi+2) Split among members. 6/8 is maximum multiplying factor.):  150 * 1+4/6= 250/4= 62
Upkeep: (Also found a better way. Pool all members upkeep. Multiply by 1+((PaSi/PaSi+2)/2) No maximum factor): 98 * 1+4/6=164/4=41
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:11:10 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 02, 2013, 07:24:36 am »

Usirian

Go looking for an isolated city and see if they'll worship me.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:43 am »

Try to get my men to build the bloody city. Again. It is to have houses for the Liches, mines for the zombies to work in, and a library of dark secrets
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 03, 2013, 01:37:29 am »

((THe city is already built. My god.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37