Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51244 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #465 on: January 22, 2013, 09:13:58 pm »

Because I am trickery devil:
Use soothing voice of slight hypnotism

You mortal, know absolutely nothing of the working of the divine, as most of us have existed from beyond the time of your birth. As age comes with knowledge, you puny you glints know nothing of the world. You shall regret speaking maliciously to powers, whose intentions come kindhearted and controlled. Insulting us however, is a crime in of itself, and you will one day come to reason, that every action has a punishment; some just, or even subtle.

You will see the truth in your folly and one day ask for forgiveness.

Seeds of doubt now planted ;D he will eventually see the error of his ways and repent!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 22, 2013, 09:16:50 pm »

I've begun construction on living quarters for the residents as well as mines and a lumber industry.  I've also send out emmisaries to other local civilizations in an attempt to draw migrants to the city.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 22, 2013, 09:28:02 pm »

Excellent. Your turning out to be very useful my little friend.

Mines you say? Let me help with that.

Cue miracle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 22, 2013, 10:22:35 pm »

While Javier speaks as though we are uncaring and cruel, the general form of his statements holds truth. I try to be forgiving and reasonable, but even I have my limits...and the limits of the others seem to be much more limiting..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 22, 2013, 11:06:21 pm »

"Pah! I trust our mages far more than I trust the Lord of Lies! They can see beyond the veil of mortal minds, and pierce the glimmering sheen of reality that underlies this world." As the man speaks, he seems almost uncertain, hesitant, and quickly changes the subject. "Why do attempt to force us to worship any of you, any one of you it seems, as though you care not who obtains our mind's power? Why do you not waste your own follower's time? Is it that you fear us? Fear the power we gain from not pledgin ourselves to you? After all, you gain the power of your follower's mind. If we do not worship you, we keep that power, and develop it to use our own magic. Or did you not even realize that? I suppose none of you are deities of knowledge."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:41 pm »

"Frankly, I'm mostly trying to stop these guys from murdering you. More power would be nice, I'll admit, but let's talk about you--specifically, what you could gain from worship. Have you read the Book of Truths? Or, for that matter, heard of the miracles done by the gods?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 23, 2013, 12:13:43 am »

"As long as that power is not in the hands of the God of Chaos, it does not really matter that much to me. I gain power in other ways. Tell me my friend, do you get much news from the Dwarven lands?"

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2013, 08:24:37 am »

The spokesman smiles at Usael, then sneers at the rest of you. "Thank you, Usael. We are not atheists. We simply do not believe it in our best interests to pledge ourselves to beings who would use us as puppets and toys. Beings who leech our bodies for their own sustenance. Who trap our souls in their realms, and spread plague among us. Do not lie, Death God. We know that you have only been manifesting for a few decades. Before you created your trap, we were free once we died, to go as we pleased and see what we wished. We do not believe you all the same, no, for it is obvious that each of you has your own ways to try and use us. Instead, we give prayer to life and nature itself, for if we do so, then we can reap the benefits of her kindness, without experiencing the selfishness of Gods and Devils."
His speech done, he sits back down, his face returning to it's normal color.

...You are sadly mistaken, you know. We were created by you humans; you envisioned Death as a person, as is your want, and then tried to think of what he would act like. We were all created by you, and we are acting like how you told us to act. Do you think, in our place, you would have been different? I created an afterlife, for that was what I was told to do, and I tried to make it as fair and free as I possibly could. I made sacrifices for you all, giving up power to save your souls in a place they would be happy, free of mortal bounds, free to be achieve that which couldn't be done on Earth. How can you begrudge my acts?  How can you protest my benevolence?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2013, 01:45:44 pm »

I apologize for my absence, as I was checking on my following. The reason why I, at the very least, would like your allegiance, is because you can bolster my armies. I am the Devil of Undeath, Pride, and Secrets. I am known as Kazar. You seem like reasonable people. I offer you the ability to know all the secrets of the universe, and summon massive armies from beyond the grave to serve you! All I ask in return is some slight devotion to me.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »

"I'll keep a eye out for the god of life, nature and freewill since you worshiping it."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2013, 03:01:37 pm »

Use powers of mindspeak/possession, not to possess him
But to instead to enter his mind and see the knowledge of the world he is not revealing

Why would I be scared of you, I do not truly require worship to live, as I am a Devil; not a God. I am here to help out my fellow Devils and Gods. Your 'power of the mind' would do little for me.  Even The Lord of Lies speaks the truth...... Sometimes

Let out a might bellow

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:12 am »

Speak to Cupiditas "Hello, Devil. My name is Usirian. I believe we can work together nicely."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:36 am »

( ??? If you want to play, put up a character on the OOC?)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 26, 2013, 09:09:29 am »

"Hello Usirian are you the god of life, nature and freewill"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 26, 2013, 09:41:19 am »

"No, I am the god of Revelry, Music, and 'Illegal' substances. Bah! The laws are no fun!"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37