Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51276 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

Javier
Will find some Komodo dragons, twist their form humanoid, give them hands,sentience and immunity to my diseases; but they are able to spread deadly and non pustule related disease; they will also coat their weapons in saliva and be dexteritous warriors.(my children will not suffer from my plights)
Also change the STD in the town, so that it no longer renders people infertile
Grant a wicked mortal man the ability to spread disease, and create carriers
Send imp out to help sorcerer
Send demon out to Celestia's old town to possess the atheist leader, and form thoughts of betrayal and deceit inside the atheists' mind
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:31:40 pm by javierpwn »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 17, 2013, 06:53:30 pm »

(Useal returns!!! sorry, I couldn't catch up on the ooc thread. I actually still can't so I just quit with that)

Usael thanks Azel for his kind assistance, and returns it by commiting an amount of power to lifting the curse on the free dwarfs equal to the power expended by Azel, so as not to be in debt. He then attempts to mimic strelic's blessing of luck(to a lesser degree of course) on Avalon, and tries to open up trade with the atheist city.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 21, 2013, 03:17:16 am »

Turn 8

World:

Tech: Recently discovered...writing! Yay! Not a big deal.
Population:
Chaos Creatures: 5
Dwarves: 12
Eladrin: (.0)6
Fae: ?
Goblins: 10
Humans: 124
Wyverns: 8
Total: 159

Azaroth: "Why...yes, of course, Azaroth...as you please." Orobos goes to do your will, with a strange grin. Of course, he's probably just happy to get to fight more people; he is a demon of war, after all. The temple is finished, and in it's glory your followers may worship as much as you bid them...which is, of course, quite often. The dwarves have considered your offer, and thank you for helping to lift their curse, but only a few take you up on it. They do ask for your assistance in beating back his Champion, though...seems some of them might be willing to start worshiping a Pantheon, if you were to assist. For Orobos' attempts, a repeat of the previous decade occurs. Very few must have survived...right? Why else would you be not receiving their prayer? Are humans all stupid? Orobos must be having an incredible time slaughtering them, as he looks quite...empowered.
Battle Rating: 9
Fear Rating: 6
Followers gained: 1(4), 5(2)
Followers lost:  5(1)
Followers: 1(4), 3(3), 6(2), 11(1)
Demon: Orobos, Demon of War
Influence used: 26
Influence gained: 42
Influence: 117

Azem: A simple decade, though an expensive one. Your imps move to the aid of the dwarves who revere you, and the few fae that have begun to flock towards your banner. The curse is lifted more easily than you thought, as others aid. One of the gods makes something new, which you decide to participate in; It's called the Synod, apparently. What's this? Seems the god who made your followers now seeks to slaughter those who would not give him their faith. And he wonders why...your imps are instrumental in the defense, but you have only ten dozen dwarves to defend the fortresses with, the rest being busy farming, mining, brewing, or smithing. Jiorya will be experiencing some tremors lately, as you heave a heavy vein of precious metal from the earth.
Greed Rating: 11
Wealth Rating: 9
Followers gained: 1(4) 2(Fae; No Influence from them. They will, on the other hand, increase your reach and power far more than mortals.)
Followers: 5(4), 2(Fae)
Influence used: 71(16 upkeep, 10 Curse 20 Imp, 10 gold, 5 Imp upkeep)
Influence gained: 36
Influence: 32

Cupiditas: Ooh...you try to restrain the STD, but it is a magical phenomenon, and one of a different devil. You can do no such thing. Being a god of lust though, you are able to fix the men...and some of the women. But a Power of healing or fertility you are not, and so not all can be saved. Your cult begins to build houses, in their 'off time'. At least they're not having so much sex they starve. Javier's followers are strangely difficult to lustify, but you can. Seems like pockmarked faces and scarred bodies makes one less attractive...strange. Oh, and nicely enough, the god of Light gives Evious a shield. You try to also increase the likelihood of childbirth in a few different peoples, but only experience patchy success.
Agony Rating: 10
Lust Rating: 13
Sorceror: Evious the Unknowable
Imps: Narcisi, Incubus; Delecta, Succubus
Followers gained: 1(3), 1(2), 1(1)
Followers lost: None. WOOO
Followers: 2(2), 6(1)
Influence used: 51(16 upkeep, 5 disease stop, 15 curing, 10 lustifying, 5 fertilizing)
Influence gained: 31
Influence: 67

Inithis: I don't have your turn. :(
Followers gained:
Followers lost:
Followers: 1(4), 5(2), 3(1)
Death Rating: 8
Afterlife Rating: 13
Demon: Cizin, Demon of Death
Influence used: 16(16 upkeep)
Influence gained: 38
Influence: 93

Javier: Changing the STD is on the top of your list this decade. It's a simple matter, and you shift your focus to other things. Your imp is sent to assist the sorceror, and your demon to possess the mind of the leader of Hospice. But...he's not leader somehow. There's something they have similar to the Synod, save with some three dozen humans, before anything is done in the city. Ludicrous. Next, a mortal to spread your children. And finally, your komodo carriers, which you barely manage before falling deep into slumber.
Death Rating: 8
Plague Rating: 20
Followers gained:
Followers lost:
Followers: 1(4), 3(3), 3(2), 5(1)
Demon: Haiphael the Disguised One(Trickery)
Imps: Rabis, Plague Imp
Influence used: 68(16 upkeep, 5 STD, 15 mortal teachings, 32 Komodos)
Influence gained: 52
Influence: 16

Kazar: I don't have your turn. :(
Anger Rating: 8
Pride Rating: 19
Followers gained:
Followers lost:
Followers: 2(6), 3(1)
Demon: Gastarik the Rotting(Undeath)
Sorceror: Tiall of the Grinning Skull
Influence used: 16(16 upkeep)
Influenced gained: 42
Influence: 75

Alrezar: She happily agrees, much to your relief; it wasn't much to use that wind magic, but it was all the time...Delmas goes with the group of raiders trying to explore the wilds, and they still haven't returned. Oh well. The Frostforge is very easy to make, though, if tiring. It only took you three years! Oh yes, and earthquakes ravage some villages as gold veins erupt from the earth.
Followers gained: 1
Followers: 14
Faery Court: ?Delmas, Frost Giant (Cold, Strength); Cecilla, Ice Nymph(Water, Fertility)
Magic used: 28(3 upkeep, 25 Frostforge)
Magic gained: 8
Magic: 54

Jim: The goblins are a stubborn people, who stick by what few values they have adamantly. It would be almost inspiring...if it weren't so annoying. Why won't the just bloody listen! You can't make any more golems while you're worried about another battery of flung stones from goblin ballistae...They are very happy about the gems though. They have a preoccupation with glittering or shiny objects it seems. As for your test subjects...seems that you need five people to get even one mana...and they die in the process. The larger the number, you've noticed though, the more efficient it gets.
Followers: 4
Magic used: None!
Magic gained: 25(11 normal, 14 Generator)
Magic: 80

Usael: You've been with...a 'friend' for a bit now, courtesy of Cupiditas, and when you get back, you set right to work. Helping the dwarves and starting up trade, it's time to kick it into gear. The luck blessing works perfectly fine, if not very powerfully, and the Atheists do, surprisingly, agree to trade. Apparently they have no qualms about Fae. Something about an embodiment of nature? It doesn't matter. What DOES matter is that now you have trade open with a very exclusive market; they don't have many people to buy or sell to, while you do...this should be fun.
Followers: 10
Magic used: 32(15 curse, 2 upkeep, 15 luck)
Magic gained: 7
Magic: 70

Xandiel: Beginning to research a radical new design; that of a bow, on it's side, mounted on a wooden base, you do surprisingly encounter some difficulties. Making sure it aligns properly, making sure fletching isn't torn apart before the quarrel leaves the stock, getting all those pesky gears to interlock properly. Soon though, soon it will be done. As you try and attract the more intelligent of folk to your court, a Teinkher Sidhe shows up, and asks to help, and for help...but refuses to say with what.
Followers gained: 0
Followers: 7
Magic used: 28(upkeep, research, and kidnappings)
Magic gained: 30(normal and kidnappings)
Magic: 73

Draco: At first the dwarves wouldn't give it back, mostly because there was one guy who...well, it's a long story. But when they felt your 'wrath', you got it back. They also happened to laugh at it. But then, they are contending with a gigantic siege, so something like making their beards glow doesn't bother 'em much. In Hospice(Celestia's city), the few people at the gates refuse your Eladrin entry, and the rebellion overwhelms the ruling class and takes over. It begins settling down, and a worrying set of laws rise into being. One being that 'idol worship' is illegal. They seems to give prayer to nature and the world as a whole, and to them, pledging oneself to any one aspect of it, is sinful. How utterly and truly ridiculous. Evious gets their shield without issues, and Tylea continues to bribe convert nonbelievers. But you now notice a disturbing trend...Many are only worshiping you when they need a miracle, and stopping soon after. However, those who are truly faithful have now begun writing a collection of your prophet's and Eladrins' sayings and stories. They call it a "Book of Truth." None of the dwarves are truly in crisis more than any other, and you already have a prophet, so you just spend your time looking through, trying to find one. You do get one that would be suitable, but they live in Jebyg's mountains, and while they are not truly faithful to him...he would probably notice. But he's also asleep for now...hmmmm
Followers gained: 2(1)
Followers lost: 1(2)
Followers: 1(6), 2(4), 3(2), 8(1)
Prophet: Magistrate Tylea
Worship used: 53
Worship gained: 28
Worship: 36

Jebyg: Carolus happily agrees, and taking his now giant army with him, brings catapults to try and besiege the mountain fortresses of the dwarves...But they are truly tough to kill, your little bastards. Dissent and worry begins to run hot within the ranks of your faithful dwarves, as they are a hardy and homely people, not prone to fighting each other save in traditional wars and arenas. You try to make machinery explode, but, with dwarven machinery, half the time you make it more effective, and eventually you stop the attrition tactic; a god of earth is helping them, and Fire Imps don't care about magma floods. On the other hand, you are getting a large influx of followers, it seems. And...oh jeez...yawn...hear you go again...
Followers lost: 1(3)
Followers gained: 3(2), 4(1)
Followers: 1(5), 5(3), 8(1)
Prophet: Carolus the Destroyer
Worship used: 42(32 upkeep, 7 machinery)
Worship gained: 28
Worship: 0(asleep. AGAIN)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 21, 2013, 03:55:07 am »

Cupiditas

Race making time: Asps(spellchecker passed, wow) are what the foocubus were to be.
They don't eat souls, but suffer when they go a long time(a month)without sex.
They can impregnate(incubus) and be impregnate(succubus) by anything that give live young and is feasible for the foocubus to do the deed with. They however can't make babies by themselves(incubus/succubus). Babies of the foocubus gender will be foocubus, all other are whatever the mother/father is.
Live for 200 years.
Carnivores.
Minor shapeshifters.
They look like humans with bat-like wings out the back, small horns out the sides of the head that curls round to frame the face and a tail(spade-tipped)
without the shapeshifting power and only live 50 years, but have a feel good aura.

And if the chance is low, make more chances. Increase the lust of the Eladrin, but not to the point where they jump on each other in the middle of battle.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 21, 2013, 06:24:20 am »

Xandiel

1. Undaunted, continue working on the Crossbow design.
2. If #1 succeeds, and time remains, begin work on a homunculus design - ideally taller than a human, with a muscular and agile form.
-I agree to the Teinkher Sidhe's terms, and welcome him to my court.
-Now that Hospice's revolution is over, I request an audience with the new ruler. If I am granted it, I say:
"Sire, my congratulations on the successful revolution - but there is another revolution on the horizon, the dawn of technology. Superior weaponry is just one advantage the fruits of progress could bring your nation...think of what you could do with such an edge over your neighbors. Such power could cement your independance from the Gods. And I all ask in return is a position as your advisor, as well as a supply of...undesireables, such as criminals that would just be locked up or executed otherwise."

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 21, 2013, 08:19:07 am »

Azaroth

1. Create a fire imp, and bind it to my temple. It will live in the furnace-altar, feed off the fuel my followers provide and imbue the smelted metal with power. I will pay for it's upkeep costs.
2. Orobos will train my followers in the art of war, and have them equipped with power-imbued arms and armour.
3. Orobos and I will also go to the siege of the dwarves and I will demand subserviance from the armies of Carolus. All those who refuse will be destroyed. In exchange, I demand all dwarvern warriors to worship me above all others (worshipping others in the pantheon is fine, but I must be priority).
4. Also, give Orobos a slap for the mindless slaughtering. I'm in charge and I say mindful decimation.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 21, 2013, 08:44:45 am »

Go along with what GWG proposes unless I say otherwise.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 21, 2013, 01:18:04 pm »

Yeah, giving up on the dwarves for now.

Have Tylea choose an appropriate disciple to spread healing. Have said disciple spread miracles of healing to those who are actually faithful, or at least who could be. (The theory being that after seeing a god's servants help the world enough, they'll start to feel that said god is an ideal choice for worship.)
Encourage the Eladrin to rest and enjoy time off, for now.
Finally, manifest in Hospice with as many other members of the Synod as can and will. I will walk though town, helping those in need of help, heading towards the leaders of this city and the strange religion within, and discuss law and religion. Focus on making sure the new laws are just, and on explaining how the various Powers are, in fact, not one entity, and therefore can and should be worshiped separately.
(If the God of Justice and Whatever visiting and discussing religion doesn't make them more receptive to gods, I don't know what will...)

Oh, and you replaced my Justice sphere with Law, not my Morality one like you said, making me a God of Morality, Law, and Light...pretty much the same as before. Intentional?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 21, 2013, 01:38:33 pm »

Azem.

Send imps to hunt down Carolus. But don't kill him.

Send the followers of Jbyg dreams of terrible Earthquakes and rains of Fire.

Send a Dwarven Caravan to Jiorya.

Manifest in Hospice.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:47:31 pm by Vgray »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 21, 2013, 01:41:49 pm »

Manifest in Hospice, kill anyone who dares insult me or throws rocks
Give Jebyg dAIDS
Manifest to my Komodo dragon men, informing them of their creation, and goals that they shall accomplish by worship, and perseverance

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 21, 2013, 01:48:22 pm »

Block Javier's attacks.
"now, what exactly was that going to achieve?"
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 21, 2013, 01:51:58 pm »

Azem.

Send imps to hunt down Carolus. But don't kill him.

Send the followers of Jbyg dreams of terrible Earthquakes and rains of Fire.

Send a Dwarven Caravan to Jiorya.

Manifest in Hospice.

Find the time to throw pebbles at Eldarin.

Give speech to the Jbygist Dwarves. Demand they surrender. Make the ground shake for dramatic effect.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:46:34 pm by Vgray »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 21, 2013, 03:03:59 pm »

Twist my necromancers into new creatures: Deathlings. They don't require sustenance outside of the miasma of rotting bodies, have a natural affinity to magic, and are humanoid in form, with skin that resembles the rotting flesh of the zombies they command. Have these deathlings build a town, with homes for them, mines for the zombies to labor in, and a library of dark secrets.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 21, 2013, 03:18:12 pm »

“Your court isn’t classy enough”, they said! “TOO URBAN”, THEY SAID?! I’LL SHOW THEM!

Usael purchases some hospice ceramic, and uses it to construct a library about 20 miles away from Avalon, in a secluded area.
Spoiler: library (click to show/hide)
Uaesl spends the remaining time selecting candidates for the next step in his plans. The candidates are chosen on the following criteria
1)intelligence
2)age( adults, but as close to the age of independence as possible.)
3)loyalty to Avalon(willing to swear an oath to me, fully understanding what it means)
Usael takes the most promising three/five/seven/thirteen(depends on how many I find) to the fae library, and begins teaching them magic.
They are encouraged to record my lessons.
Apart from that, he encourages trade between his people and Hospice.

Note: I don't expect all of this to be completed this turn. I might not get to the teaching part.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 21, 2013, 03:42:10 pm »

Jim

Okay goblins I concede for now.  Split my followers into four groups.  The first group begins to open up mines (wherever Vgray told me the best metals are), the second group goes into the nearby forests to cut down lumber, the third begins construction of houses or a dark fortress or whatever goblins like to live in, the last group goes out into the world to recruit more followers to my cause with promises of wealth, power and knowledge.  Any goblins that need tools or weapons can get them from my factory. 

Personally, I will go around the city to greet the new fae that have arrived and try and recruit a couple of them.

If I still have time, work on a design for an orb that can shoot lightning bolts.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37