Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51258 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2012, 12:48:05 am »

Maybe you should stop killing potential followers?
People are just hating you in general, and blaming me for your murders(although the extra influence is delicious) I only killed 1/10 of the population, they should properly blame you for the .1/10 of the dying population

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2012, 01:21:41 am »

You don't know. I can tell you this. More than it costs to make a race. And also you will receive a tithe from them(of worship).

About the lesser god thing.
So...closer to 100 or 1,000? Closer to 300 or 700? I just need a ballpark; I don't want to screw up by misestimating the cost by a factor of five.

Bitching, I was thinking you were going to be mad about the whole making horrible abominations and siccing them on the popluace in order to draw out heros thing but whatevs.
The what?
[/quote
Look at my newest action.
Nikalas commands his followers to travel with the fearlings and set up shop in small villages.lThey will keep the fearlings in hidden places nearby. When a hero emerges to fight the monsters and the "cult" they will test them to know their bravery and devotion. After all the fearlings are dead they will revel themselves to the hero and tell him that he has been judged worthy to join the religion and help the scared.
The God himself will appear to those who are scared as a kind stranger and inspire them to be brave.
The basic idea of Nikalas is that he is Choatic Good masquerading as Choatic Nuetral or Nuetral Evil.
Two things. One, I try not to judge actions until they occur. Two, you made that sound a lot worse than it seems to be.

Maybe you should stop killing potential followers?
People are just hating you in general, and blaming me for your murders(although the extra influence is delicious) I only killed 1/10 of the population, they should properly blame you for the .1/10 of the dying population
Who is this aimed at?

EDIT:
Hey god of war, you should slap GWG in that other god game your playing, steal/ reduce power from him would be amazing, and your a higher tier at combat than him
That's metagaming to the extreme. Can't you at least bring this up in the right thread?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:23:47 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2012, 01:23:38 am »

Mcclay^
          |

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2012, 01:35:37 am »

Let me put it this way. If you do something that would take more worship than you have, nothing happens. You lose a small amount of worship from wasted efforts, but you can only go negative from being attacked. If you have 0...sleepy time. You can't do SHIT for the next turn. Your angel can. A little. But not much; no real guiding force from you beyond your celestial dreams.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2012, 01:37:57 am »

Combat should be interesting to say the least

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2012, 01:47:27 am »

Rest, see how the wyverns are doing and review current events. Form a pact with one of the Wyverns it will act as my prophet in a way.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:55:52 am by jaass »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2012, 02:11:56 am »

Mcclay^
          |
I'm not really killing that many people and whatever heros pop up will compensate.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2012, 02:15:12 am »

Rest, see how the wyverns are doing and review current events.
They havent even been made yet!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2012, 02:22:57 am »

Yeah they have. I finished the post. Costs him less for being a god of life.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2012, 02:23:55 am »

Wow this game took off fast.
See how my prophet is doing, see how many He has risen from UnDeath. Also check my Shoggoths. See if they're still worshipping me. Build strength by setting some Shoggoths on village nearest my prophet, then sending him in to UnDeath everything Death.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2012, 02:36:36 am »

Yeah they have. I finished the post. Costs him less for being a god of life.
where?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2012, 02:55:33 am »

where?

Wyverns were completed in last update:

"Protogenos: Exhausting work, even for a god. But the creation of life is your domain, and you excel in it. The Wyverns are marvelous creatures, each unique, each powerful, each paying thanks to you, even if they don't worship as such.
Worship used: 60(10 upkeep, 50 race creation)
"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2012, 03:21:37 am »

I, Cupiditas(I like it, it just tricky to spell and with you writing it every turn...)will subvert some nearby humans with dreams of lusts.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2012, 07:46:03 am »

as said:
Wait, are new entries still allowed? if so, Usael, the fey of defense and contracts, appears before a small town and offers protection in exchange for kingship. He draws up a contract to this effect.

If they accept, he conjures up wards against hostile magic, and attacks any hostile entities who attempt to enter.

EDIT-typo
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2012, 08:37:13 am »

Let me put it this way. If you do something that would take more worship than you have, nothing happens. You lose a small amount of worship from wasted efforts, but you can only go negative from being attacked. If you have 0...sleepy time. You can't do SHIT for the next turn. Your angel can. A little. But not much; no real guiding force from you beyond your celestial dreams.
Well, I'd rather not waste my time. Is the creation of lesser gods such a secret that the greater gods aren't even quite sure how much  energy it costs?

I, Cupiditas(I like it, it just tricky to spell and with you writing it every turn...)will subvert some nearby humans with dreams of lusts.
...By "subvert," you just mean "convert," right? No unwilling descent to depravity?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37