Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 50270 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2012, 03:30:12 pm »

Sorry Rhyme and scap. Didn't notice you. Probably the large picture of a flying sun-horse distracting me or something. THat sounds good. Also...you don't have to use latin words and crap. This isn't earth. Rome doesn't exist. If you want, you can, but it sounds like you don't like the name either....adding you to the player list momentarily. As for actions...

World:
Human Population: 88(OH NOES! Also, that's equal to about 8,800 people. Plague is bad, eh?)
Shoggoth Pop: 3 (300 shoggoths, more or less. See the pattern?)
Chaos Creature Pop: 9(about a hundred don't worship you, Jebyg.)
Fae: ?(measured in 10s, rather than hundreds)

Alrezar: The giant, sadly, isn't ticklish. And besides that, your hand hurts from his grip. That isn't to say you lost however...the freezing wind,(though mildly warm to a frost giant) is distracting enough,m and billows his robes/loincloth out enough, that he can't pin your arm down. Original fae are pretty strong apparently. But...trying to move his arm is like shoving a glacier. So you're in deadlock. Shit. At least some other fae are watching...it's unlikely you'll die if the giant loses, but you'll lose faec.
Followers: 2(yay!)
Magic used: 20(20 wind magic)
Magic gained: 9(FUCK DICE :p)
Magic: 61

Azaroth: As you form from the very thoughts of the humans in the world, from their fear, from the battles, from the ravaging flames that consume and destroy...you grin. This world is good. It will provide much sport...but goddamnit. You can feel your power draining as the human's minds wander to other things...95 influence

Celestia: Another god tries to strike at your avatar! While the being is a mere manifestation of light, you can feel the hatred within your divine self. You could confront or ignore this being...after all, it only hurt a little. But down on the earth, you see through the projections eyes death. Wars and plagues abound, destroying harvested crops and killing many...while farmers still thank you, and a few minor cults have risen about you(cult means a small but devoted number, not always evil), they are dying. What to do...
Followers gained: 2(4)
Followers lost: 5(1)
Followers: 2(4), 25(1)
Worship used: 40(10 upkeep, 20 raising, 5 avatar, 5 attacked)
Worship gained: 30(30 worship)
Worship: 60

Cthulhu: Far weaker from such exertion, you are content to rest and gather your power, waiting.
Followers: 3(10)
Worship used: 10(upkeep)
Worship gained: 30(30 worship)
Worship: 40

Cupiditas: See Azaroth. Adjust fluff text slightly.

Draco: The perfect candidate. A poor woman, ravaged by disease, her skin peeling and blistering, oozing with sores, as her children starve and beg...you appear to her while she dreams, feverishly, flicking away the disease like a speck of dirt from a robe. You imbue her body with sustenance. As you do, you hear her responding, pleading and thanking...the first prayers of your existence. It is a good feeling. She begins to do your will, creating food, curing sickness and presiding over crimes, as is only right. She asks only for one thing. Skill at arms for her and her disciples, to hunt down the beings which spread this plague. Already, she has found and captured several, trying them at court for their crimes and then burning them at the stake. But many she cannot catch; she is only human, after all. For now. (also, it's a small world, as said in the intro)
Followers gained: 1(10), 2(6), 8(1)
Followers: ''
Worship used: 45(10 upkeep, 30 prophet, 5 miracles)
Worship: 45

Javier: While you are very successful, you aren't well liked. This is helpful for influence, certainly...but not so much for the strangely immune(and cured, now that you remember; you had given her the illness because she had 4 kids, was pregant and noone to help; would've been funny to see orphans. Besides, the unborn child could have become a Plague Demon, if you wanted), but now she's pissed. And hunting down your carriers, with a group of also immune disciples. What now?

Oh! And a new development. One of the idiotic gods seems to be assisting you. Dark creatures of pestilence and rot, quite wonderful things, really, are spreading fear through the country. Of your plague. Of your power. How convenient...
Anger Rating(just like fear rating): 4
Fear Rating: 20
Followers gained: 1(7)
Followers lost: 2(3), 1(5)
Followers: 1(7), 3(3)
Influence used: 30(5 upkeep, 15 Carriers, 10 spreading)
Influence gained: 30(20 followers, 10 fear)
Influence: 55

Jebyg:(just realized it was you attacking the avatar, not cthulhu. NO TENTACLES FOR YOU MISTER) Your divine attacks do little to the being; it is an image, nothing more. While that means it was a mere waste of energy, it also means it's nothing more than a nuisance to you. For now.
There's still enough humans alive to worship you, after all...as for your prophets, only one is in a good position to do anything. The violent one; a warlord named Pariphas heeds your words, and turns his whole band and dominion to your (nonexistent) temples. Any who don't...die. Damski, the chaotic one, can't get anything done; keeps changing his mind. And the insane one is in a cave that even a god doesn't know where, skinning lizards with his toenails. That was unproductive. As well, a disease ravages the camps of the warlord...
The angel, however, is a marvelous creature, shifting and morphing with every second, an insatiable hunger for battle, and a crazed mind.(ANGELS TAKE ON THE GOD'S DOMAIN CHARACTERISTICS. Also, they don't give you worship. However, using them to do tasks instead of doing it yourself, costs nothing, even though they have an upkeep cost themselves. They aren't anywhere near as powerful as you though.) Sadly, it is not ready in time to deal with the fae creature. Too bad. It would have been hilarious to see if a magic creature could regrow an arm before it bled to death. But this all...makes you so...tired...
Followers gained: 1(10), 5(3)
Followers lost: 2(5)(the chaos creatures are chaotic, and will drift away and come back...)
Followers: 1(10), 6(5), 5(3)
Worship used: 60(10 upkeep, 30 prophet, 20 angel)(really, it should cost you 60 to 90 for prophets, but if that happened...well, you're already at 0 worship, so you basically fall asleep for a turn. You can't do anything next turn that would use worship. This is your freebie. No more, 'kay?)
Worship gained: 40(40 worship)
Worship:0

Kazar: Your demon is quite beautiful, is you do say so yourself. A dessicated body, a look of constant contempt on it's foul features, as if it knows something you don't, and never could...but it can do little, for in order to make it this amazing, you had to use much of your power, and it took a long time. (Which concept does it hold sway over? Doesn't have to be one of yours)
Influence used: 50(10 upkeep, 40 demon)(demons are a little more powerful than angels, but the equivalent of a lesser god for devils, whereas gods can actually make lesser gods too, which are a little less powerful than devils.)
Influence: 50

Nikalas: You begin the work, and are disappointed as some of your followers cringe at the screams coming from within the huts. They come not from fear, but sympathy, at least. Some succumb first to the 'miracles' you wreak, and the others watch, helpless and scared. When you are finished, the beings, rotten gauntly creatures of illness. They exude fear, and those nearby, even your most fervent followers, cannot help but move away. As they spread through the land, slaying the helpless and the sickened, all those who are weak, they make people even more fearful of the sickness...
Followers gained: 7(1)
Followers lost: 5(3)(their faith was shaken, so their devotion decreased, and you got a few more)
Followers: 1(10), 2(3), 7(1)
Worship used: 25(10 upkeep, 15 fearlings)
Worship gained: 28
Worship: 63

Protogenos: Exhausting work, even for a god. But the creation of life is your domain, and you excel in it. The Wyverns are marvelous creatures, each unique, each powerful, each paying thanks to you, even if they don't worship as such.
Followers gained: 10(2)
Followers: 10(2)
Worship used: 60(10 upkeep, 50 race creation)
Worship: 30

Rhyme(I give you a name for ease of use): Traveling the land, you record the lore and mythology, becoming a piece of it yourself. A small collection of house sprites, brownies, and other fae more common in civilization, begin following you; you're interesting, and mortals can be boring. Sometimes, at least. Most leave after a few weeks, finding you even more boring, but you are collecting a small group of followers.
Followers gained: 3
Followers: 3
Magic used: 15(book)
Magic gained: 17
Magic: 102

Strelic: The world being sadly primitive, the largest trade hub was pretty small. Oh well. Tilas goes, and spreads word. This is only mildly effective, but it does net you some followers, at least. And at no cost, too!
Followers gained: 3(1)
Followers: 1(10), 28(1)
Worship used: 10
Worship gained: 35
Worship: 95
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:07:47 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2012, 03:44:29 pm »

Necromancy, so that he may spread the secrets to the worthy.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2012, 04:09:37 pm »

I will take no name for now. For now:
Use magic to create a book that gets written as you speak and go to all the villages I can, collecting stories, the knowledge of the people and making notes when needed (if a farmer talks about a woman bathing in a river that kills those who see her and I know she is a fellow faerie, I'll make a note in the book with my own knowledge)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

Azaroth:
Ugh. These humans. Always getting distracted from the important things. Things like me. It is time to show them the true power of a Devil, and to heed my commands.

Take physical form on the material plane. Declare war on a larger-sized village, burn it to the ground then destroy it. Let some of the villagers survive, but don't make it obvious that I don't want to kill them. The more terrified people to spread word of me, the better.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2012, 04:27:24 pm »

Whoops, doing my turn nao. Thought I had posted already.

Nikalas has his followers quartine any sick in one hut. He then uses his goldy powers to muatate the sick into the personfication of the fear of sickness. They will hunt in the larger villages and towns. Killing the weak and warning people about the danger of sickness.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2012, 04:51:50 pm »

Have my angel fan the flames so that none live. Then have him go back and rip off that faery's arm, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2012, 05:04:19 pm »

If you bother with the DF-goers such as myself, nothing short of doing what Wyrm said is gonna work. Otherwise, we WILL find a way to magma-cannon you.
And I would probably support you.

Anyways. Draco will transform seven of my disciples, chosen by my prophet who I would like to know the name of into a new race, which I will call Eladrin. They are like tall, slender people with wings and pointed ears, and can detect evil within their sight. To punish the criminals, they have an array of magical spells. I will also give the remaining disciples new weapons* and the skill to use them. The Eladrin will be ordered to seek the ones who caused this disease. And I will hope I don't burn through my reserves of power.

Hopefully the fact that I'm only making a few Eladrin will keep down the cost.
*Made from a metal a bit past what's common at the time. If they have nothing more than copper, give them iron or bronze. If they have bronze, give them steel (iron is actually a bit worse than bronze, just more common and alloyable into steel).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »

Wait, are new entries still allowed? if so, Usael, the fey of defense and contracts, appears before a small town and offers protection in exchange for kingship. He draws up a contract to this effect.

If they accept, he conjures up wards against hostile magic, and attacks any hostile entities who attempt to enter.

EDIT-typo
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 05:13:32 pm by racnor »
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2012, 05:09:23 pm »

Uh, I think you forgot my turn.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

seek the woman who killed my followers and strike her down( if I can't kill her, kill her children)
Create demons who will spread disease on my will, and seek out those who obstruct disease to kill them
Let my followers seek out the immune, and slay them

I'm sorry GWG, but that woman killed quite a few of my followers

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2012, 05:17:59 pm »

Your disease killed lots of people in general, which is unacceptable!

Once I reread the two turns, I'll come up with a full list of charges.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2012, 05:19:01 pm »

Human Population: 88(OH NOES! Also, that's equal to about 8,800 people. Plague is bad, eh?)

"You who destroy humans, do you not realize you destroy the source of your own power?"

down on the earth, you see through the projections eyes death.
Wars and plagues abound, destroying harvested crops and killing many

"It is time."

Step 1: Locate the largest population center on the planet. At 12 noon local time, turn off the sun, enshrouding the entire planet in darkness.
Step 2: Wait 72 hours.
Step 3: Position my avatar in the sky directly between the planet and the sun. Cause it to glow with light, brighter and brighter until it dominates the sky. Then turn the sun back on and descend into the middle of the city.
Step 4: Announce Myself

"I am Celestia. I have come."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2012, 05:20:06 pm »

Give my demon the powers of necromancy, and send him to find those who are wicked and prideful, willing to join my legion of darkness. Give them the power to control life and death, and send him, aided by the demon, to find more possible necromancers to apprentice, and to raise as many corpses as possible, of both human and beast.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »

Ahh, a divine war already. Excellent. The moment I have an IC reason to get involved, I will.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2012, 05:21:26 pm »

Step 1 can end so badly.....
And I will not always be killing, I need the populations to recuperate
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37