Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51191 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »

IC: I don't intend to discriminate, but I'm against pretty much any kind of killing except for execution and battle.
OOC: Glad to hear it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2012, 08:47:22 pm »

What about the intentional causing of large numbers of battles?  :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2012, 08:48:23 pm »

Having two opposite domains is perfectly acceptable. Means he's the god of fear, the presence or absence of it. Anyway. I thought I had said this somewhere, the 100 is representative. That's about equal to 100(00), so there's around a hundred thousand people in the world. Or were. Before disease and new races changed that. Anyway. Bucket, do you want to defend your avatar, and what do you attack it with, Puff? Perfectly acceptable, Flame. Devil, though. I know it's a weird distinction, but demons are your servants, just as angels are the gods servants(doesn't matter what god...Cthulhu there can have angels if he makes 'em, so can Draco).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 08:52:07 pm »

Depends. Why are you causing them?

Anyway. I thought I had said this somewhere, the 100 is representative. That's about equal to 100(00), so there's around a hundred thousand people in the world. Or were. Before disease and new races changed that.
So, there WERE 100,000 people? A bit on the low side, if they've spread out to the pole, but better. Certainly within reason for a game in which most of us are gods.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »

Cease your speech, and may your followers succumb to plague......

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2012, 08:54:13 pm »

If I might make a move, I would like to make a demon to seed the powers of life and death into the minds of my followers I deem proud enough to lead the pack, and have them slaughter all those without pride, and raise their dead corpses to be used in war and hunt, assuming I have the strength for that. Also, I will make whoever is the most skilled necromancer and the most prideful my prophet, who will know the unknown, and break men's mind to force them to join me. Those that don't survive will become zombies in my army. If I don't have followers (I didn't read through all the posts, sorry) then my demon will find those with weak moral compasses and great pride, as well as the intelligence to forge an army of the undead, have this demon seed the ideas of my Devil into them. They will become the founders of my cult.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:18:45 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2012, 08:57:58 pm »

IC: I don't intend to discriminate, but I'm against pretty much any kind of killing except for execution and battle.
What about teaching them to fear dangerous things? Like making a race of all of mankind's fears personfied to maker sure them don't fuck around with that shit?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »

Perfectly acceptable, Flame. Devil, though.
My bad :)

As I said earlier. For lulz. Also because it'll give me Influence.

Now, assuming that is confirmation that I'm in the game:

Azaroth:
An emptiness. That is what I feel. But what fits this hole? The roar of anger. The fear of death. The defiance of the defender. The anticipation of victory. The clash of arms on armour. The sweet taste of victory...

These humans live without fear. Without the need for safety. Without the willingness to die. It cannot stay this way. Only the strongest may remain. And as the weak fall, I grow stronger.

Spread thoughts of war, conquest, aggressive expansion and the like amongst the humans. There will be blood.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 09:07:49 pm »

Bucket, do you want to defend your avatar

Would be easier to answer that if I had some idea what form the attack was supposed to take. Jbg79's comment was "KILL IT WITH FIRE AND CLAW AND TENTACLE AND HATE."

Since my avatar is presently flying over the planet at a pace that wasn't precisely specified...but simply casually said to be "leisurely subsonic" because anything under the speed of sound wasn't important enough to clarify...it seems unlikely that "claw and tentacle" would be very likely to reach it.

The avatar was specified to be a "light form." As in...radiant light rather than flesh and blood. Which is why it was able to make trip from the sun to this planet, survive orbital entry and incidentally is the avatar of a Goddess with heat as a secondary domain. So I'm not really sure why fire is supposed to be any kind of threat.

I guess that just leaves hate. I'll respond with love and acceptance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2012, 09:14:37 pm »

What about teaching them to fear dangerous things? Like making a race of all of mankind's fears personfied to maker sure them don't fuck around with that shit?
Um...that doesn't sound safe, but I can see justified circumstances. I guess I'd evaluate on a case-by-case basis.

As I said earlier. For lulz. Also because it'll give me Influence.
Then no.

By the way, can I switch my Main Domain with one of my secondaries? Specifically switching Morals and Justice.
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2012, 09:17:48 pm »

Find a crazy as hell guy, an angry as hell guy, and a chaotic as fuck guy. They shall be my prophets, each shall start a cult worshipping a different aspect of me.
Then, create an angel of Chaos. A beast with scaled wings, leathery limbs, an armored body, and a smooth head (like the flesh of a dolphin). He will bring my messages to my prophets and be my divine emmisary to mortal races.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2012, 09:47:37 pm »

Anyway. I thought I had said this somewhere, the 100 is representative. That's about equal to 100(00), so there's around a hundred thousand people in the world. Or were. Before disease and new races changed that.
So, there WERE 100,000 people? A bit on the low side, if they've spread out to the pole, but better. Certainly within reason for a game in which most of us are gods.

Sorry, ten thousand. Bit on the low side. A wheel is still new. Don't worry, tech will progress, and the population rise...bad for you too though. More people means more upkeep.

You'll get influence from death and war if it's in your name, or if people know you caused it. It's like fame. That said, war and conquest will give you a bit of power, but not Influence.

And if your avatar is a light form...well, bending light to your will, even if it's one of your domains(indeed, that would be the only reason I'm letting you do so) is kinda hard to do. And also, darkness is a substance as much as light, in this world(for the purposes of Magic). So is cold. and the other 'empty space' things. Most anyway.

Oh, and one more thing. Light is very insubstantial. So claw and tentacle would disperse it quite easily. Anyway. We'll see how things go. Once everyone posts their turn, anyway. (What I meant, Puffy, was what creature or angel or avatar or somesuch are you using? You have to have something to use the claw/tentacles, after all.))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:54:51 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »

if your avatar is a light form...well, bending light to your will, even if it's one of your domains(indeed, that would be the only reason I'm letting you do so) is kinda hard to do.

Light is very insubstantial. So claw and tentacle would disperse it quite easily.

Pass through it easily, sure. But what happens when you push your hand through the beam of a flashlight? Does the beam "disperse?" Does the flashlight turn off? No, your hand simply blocks the light, and as soon as you remove your hand the beam becomes fully visible again.

To put it another way, My avatar is a hologram. I'm the projector and I'm projecting the light from the extra dimensions I occupy.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2012, 10:45:26 pm »

"What do you mean I'm not funny!? I'm the funniest Faery I know, not to mention the most modest. And there's no room in Jiorya for giants who can't understand comedy. Now, I'd fight you here and now if I wasn't afraid that I'd hurt you, so how about we have a contest instead? You see, my friends have come up with this game called arm-wrestling, and I really want to try it, but I'm so strong that nobody will even try it with me. But someone as big and powerful as you would probably be an even match. So, what do you say? Whoever wins gets to make the loser do whatever they want."

Arm-wrestle with the giant. Use wind magic to tickle him into submission.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2012, 10:54:29 pm »

Send my angel to this contest, make the angel invisible for this. Then when the faery tries to trick the giant, have the angel move the giant's arm to where his tickle convulsions will rip off the faery's arm. The angel will then whisper to the faery "HOW'S THAT FOR FUNNY YA PRICK."
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37