Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need help with games for windows live frustration  (Read 2197 times)

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with games for windows live frustration
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »

My problems with steam are huge, the biggest being is my internet goes out at least once a day

but the worst? I BUY a game form the store, physical copy and I NEED steam to play it? forget that.

Biggest is a problem, worst is level of "bad"

its like if I buy a car but I HAVE to be in a spcific city to drive it or else I cant

Sorry that might as well be renting a game

Yea Steam is a pile of steaming for me too.

Just bought Shogun fots from shop before xmas.  Came with 3 dvd, used about 200MB from 3rd disc only then needed 15GB download? Bullshit.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 09:09:53 pm »

Fixed! Apparently I had to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 64x and then download an older version from the Microsoft website! Honestly I'm a little embarrassed that solution didn't occur to me right away. Let's hope windows doesn't automatically update it when I shut down!

Say what you will about Steam. The fucking hoops I had to jump through to get GFWL to accept this game were more than I've ever had to deal with in years of using Steam. Sure, Steam is DRM and that's bad etc, but it's friendly, damn near cuddly DRM in comparison to GFWL.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 09:13:16 pm »

Except I've had the equilnevt problems with steam

its like with banks and web browsers some peple have a PERFECT no problem, others have evreything and then some go wrong
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 08:36:14 am »

Say what you will about Steam. The fucking hoops I had to jump through to get GFWL to accept this game were more than I've ever had to deal with in years of using Steam. Sure, Steam is DRM and that's bad etc, but it's friendly, damn near cuddly DRM in comparison to GFWL.
This. I'm still unable to play my LEGAL copy of Dawn of War II online reliably because of GFWL. I bought Batman AS a while back and I distinctly remember having to fuck around with GFWL for a couple of hours before getting the game to save. If anything, Steam should advertise more distinctly about which games come with GFWL and which games don't. Since Dawn of War 2, any developer/publisher that decides to include it costs at least one sale.
Pages: 1 [2]