Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49

Author Topic: Roll To Redshirt  (Read 89674 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Redshirt
« Reply #375 on: January 27, 2013, 11:47:47 am »

Everything turns into TF2 after a while. Give it time, it'll become DF as well, and we'll have Ubercharged axelords surfing magma floods into hordes of scouts or something.
Sigged.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:19 pm »

Yes! Another one!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 27, 2013, 12:24:43 pm »

((Wait, does this make me the soldier? Wyrm, I recommend that you get yourself a quick-fix, and we could be in for some ass-kicking of the highest level...
I've never understood the Quicck-Fix. Is the increased rate of healing really worth never being able to Uber?
(Bear in mind, when I do play TF2 I'm pretty bad...)
If the enemy team is rolling you, it's awesome for keeping your team alive long enough to do so damage. Or if you need to heal people quickly, like your team was just ambushed by a pyro.

What it means is you are suddenly indredibly dangerous in combat, makign killing the person you're healing impossible. As long as you can dodge the oncoming bullets, it's as good as having a constant uber, just only on your medic-buddy.

I have twentry-five kills? I can haz nuk-lear strike?

Then not yet. Wait till we've crushed their bunkers.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 27, 2013, 12:27:10 pm »

((Wait, does this make me the soldier? Wyrm, I recommend that you get yourself a quick-fix, and we could be in for some ass-kicking of the highest level...
I've never understood the Quicck-Fix. Is the increased rate of healing really worth never being able to Uber?
If the enemy team is rolling you, it's awesome for keeping your team alive long enough to do so damage. Or if you need to heal people quickly, like your team was just ambushed by a pyro.
 What it means is you are suddenly indredibly dangerous in combat, makign killing the person you're healing impossible. As long as you can dodge the oncoming bullets, it's as good as having a constant uber, just only on your medic-buddy.
Good to know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 27, 2013, 12:45:49 pm »

I keep blowing up, that makes me demo-man!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 27, 2013, 12:49:22 pm »

Become signaller, request light mortar strike on the forces attacking the farmhouse.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 27, 2013, 05:50:01 pm »

> Construct auto-turrets for use outside of the farmhouse
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2013, 07:13:51 pm »

Using minigun acquired at last mission, mount it on a tank with a 360-degree swivel and prepare to mow down the resistance.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 27, 2013, 11:12:57 pm »

Reveal myself to be blue commander. Coordinate blue attack.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2013, 01:06:43 pm »

RECLAIMATION OF SANTLOS I - TURN 1
      400REDS+21AFVSV300GRES+40AFVS

Onyxjew wants HHGs! (3) he gets some FRAG grenades
Doomblade gets heavy weapons! (5) he gets a HUEG HMG. Fat lot of good it'll do against a tank, though.
!!Scientist!! wants a Molotov launcher! (2) how the hell would that work anyway?
GWG overheals! (6) he shoots Rabidgam so hard that he explodes into a ludicrous amount of gibs.
Dirg helps la resistance! (2) he can't remember which farmhouse they're in.
Rabidgam Gorily explodes! (4) he doesn't feel a thing. Thankfully.
Misko looks for infantry support! (4) he finds an AA gun.
Corai sneaks behind enemy lines! (4) he sneaks past a few patrol, but can't find any lone mechanics.
Fireiy wants Arty support! (1) miles behind the Green lines, a howitzer battery prepares to fire...
Kingquest calls in a nuke! (5) Santlos II burns.
Benjamaru (WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!) makes a greatsword! (4) he modifies his rifle into a two-handed stabby/choppy weapon.
Scapheap scouts ahead! (1) he asks a Green for directions. Five and a half miles of hard marching into the middle of nowhere later, he begins to wonder if he was given the wrong directions.
Miauw wants a RPG! (4) he sets up a game of D&D.
Donuts tries to join the airforce! (3) do you have any idea how impossible it is to get a transfer?
Tomio wants a nice safe desk job! (1) the local logistics officer laughs so hard he explodes messily. Oops.
Kingfisher tries to call in mortars! (1) he calls it in directly on the farmhouse!
Komra makes auto turrets! (6) he makes loads of auto turrets! They can't tell between Red or Green though. They hate sveryone!
Pufferfish uses his minigun! (4) the minigun is lying in a field on Gvatriz somewhere. But you get a machine gun.
Persus is the blue commander! (2) no, *spoiler*1 is.

GREEN REACTION: (4)
Green 1 wants an anti-tank launcher! (3) he gets an ancient, near-obsolete, PIAT.
Green 2 assaults the farm house! (6) he leaps straight through a reinforced window. Sure, he got shredded, but at least there's a way in now.
Green 3 makes use of the new opening! (5) he charges in, gunning down a resistance fighter.
Green 4 shoots at the infantry! (3) Onyxjew gets a new haircut.

RED ARMOUR: (2)
A Red tank fires at the nearest enemy tank! (2) a signpost implodes.
Another Red tank charges to aid the resistance! (1) it smashes through the farmhouse wall, crushing two hapless resistance fighters.

GREEN ARMOUR: (1)
A Green tank returns fire! (5) Direct hit! A red tank turret is smashed clean off!

Là Resistance: (3)
A resistance fighter leaps on Green 3! (1) Another Green blasts him mid-air.
Another fires at the encroaching Greens! (1) He shoots a Red charging in to relieve them.
A final calls the other cells for backup! (5) they are mobizing as we speak.

END TURN STATUS:
        398REDS+20AFVSV299GRES+40AFVS

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2013, 01:16:17 pm »

BUG RED COMMANDER ABOUT HOW IMPORTANT AIR SUPPORT IS! THEN SIGN UP FOR RED AIRFORCE!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 28, 2013, 01:25:49 pm »

Locate green army and shoot wildy
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:49 pm »

Yeah, but if the person you're healing rocket/stickyjumps you go along. Weee. (Or was that on the sticky jumper?)

Sell game of D&D, get a rocket luncher and munition.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:10:33 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 28, 2013, 02:13:33 pm »

Look at map of area, then run off to correct farmhouse with additional supplies to aid the Resistance.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 28, 2013, 02:57:05 pm »

Use machinegun to defend La resistance! Also, get them red berets.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49