Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21384 times)

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 23 The dark mine
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:27 am »

Shoot the one in the middle between the eyes.        (( Sorry they sounded close enough to English that I thought it would be clear what they meant. But that was right anyway, but why did I get -1? I have basic skill in rituals already.))

((You REALLY should read the rules.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2013, 10:56:52 am »

((you are untrained in casting so that a -1 for every word over you base of 1))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2013, 11:54:35 am »

April, after they've been scattered, takes two shots at a kobold, the second closest one.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:55 pm »

"Great Bear!"

Transform into a giant polar bear and charge into melee using my massive claws. If transform fails hang bravely back to protect the missile troops and engage approaching kobolds if any.

edit: Charge after Derm's fireball.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:59:37 am by lawastooshort »

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 24 The dark mine
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »

------------
Turn 24
------------

Start of Combat, [4vs5] Kobolds win

Kobold's Turn

All of the seven kobolds hunker further down, working out any kinks in their defense.
They all gain a +1 to damage reduction for this turn.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Party's Turn

Derm growled. He pointed his free talon at the middle of the kobold horde.

"Eruption!"

"Conflagratio" you shout. But distracted by your still mostly untreated wounds you do not manage to form the mana properly and the spell backfires on you. Causing rashes to appear all over your body, thankfully they only itch terribly and don't seem to do much else.
((I will remind people to be specific with their spells, eruption actually means several things. In this case I rolled to see which definition of eruption you would get. Which was the breaking out of a rash, thankfully with your roll this was more of a positive.))

Shoot the one in the middle.

Taking aim at the kobold in the middle of the row you let off a arrow. It flies straight and true but the kobold was prepared and uses it's shield to defend itself and the arrow bounces off of it harmlessly.

"Great Bear!"

Transform into a giant polar bear and charge into melee using my massive claws. If transform fails hang bravely back to protect the missile troops and engage approaching kobolds if any.

Seeing has a Derm's spell has failed you gather your mana and let it flow throughout your body, "Magnus Ferre!" you incant. The kobolds stare at you with big eyes as you transform into a gigantic polar bear. You promptly charge into their rank, in their new found fear of bears they are unable to react quickly enough and you break though their defenses. You take a swipe at the nearest kobold but the creature manages to roll just out of the way of your massive claw.

April, after they've been scattered, takes two shots at a kobold, the second closest one.

Using both your revolvers you take a shot at one of the nearest kobolds. The kobold tries to defend itself with it's shield but while one bullet missed it's target the other one pierces the simple shield and hits the kobold. You see blood splatter the ground behind the shield and the kobold falls on it's side, empty eyes stare back at you.

After Derm made a opening, charge them to further disrupt them.

With the bear sized opening in their defense you rush ahead with your hammer raised above your head. You take a swing at one of the kobold and he narrowly manages to get out of the path of your hammer. At this point the kobolds are in chaos and have abandoned their formation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Attack when an opportunity of not getting skewered by the lances appears.

With their formation shattered by Facol and Grey you move in to do some damage with your metal fists. You hit one of the kobolds straigth in the face and its head reels back from the force behind it. It stumbles back and leans on it's spear to recover spitting out a few teeth as it does so.

Loud Yipping and Yapping can be heard outside towards the entrance of the mine...

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:40:35 am by Zarule »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2013, 12:35:22 pm »

Find a shadowy corner and conceal myself out of the way of the plasma wave.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:45:46 pm by mesor »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2013, 12:42:19 pm »

"Well damn, this is irritating as hell." He flexes his fingers. "Lets try again. DUCK AND COVER!"

Plasma wave the Kobolds. (Wave as in a thin horizontal 'wave' of burninate. And plasma as in Fucking Hot Substance)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2013, 12:51:55 pm »

Dodge Derm spell. Turn to the entrance and say 'earth wall'(blocking outside reinforcement)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:34:14 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2013, 01:53:37 pm »

Get the hell out of the way of a good derming (priority). If then possible, melee charge nearest kobold and roar in an attempt at serious beary intimidation!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:44:55 pm by lawastooshort »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »

(I am absolutely serious about the duck and cover, by the way.)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

((I'd like to remind you harm caused by not caring about your own teammates can bite you back later.))

"...What now."

If the spell actually goes off, dodge. Spell going off or not, try to snag a kobold and use it as a shield against any incoming damage.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2013, 04:01:16 pm »

(I told you to dodge. If you don't listen, thats entirely your fault. Or it could just flat out  not hit you if friendly fire is off.))

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2013, 04:22:54 pm »

(I told you to dodge. If you don't listen, thats entirely your fault. Or it could just flat out  not hit you if friendly fire is off.))

((In this case there will be friendly damage since it's clearly a AoE. And I will remind you that they could fail to dodge despite their best efforts.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2013, 04:23:32 pm »

((No need to get snappy. I'm just pointing out that actions have consequences that have to be handled in case you harm teammates and wide (AoE) magical attacks are usually more trouble than they're worth.))

Ninja'ed by the GM.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2013, 04:26:10 pm »

(Sorry. Also not taking consequences into account is part of the character. This may improve in time.)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21