Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21385 times)

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 21 The dark mine
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2013, 08:39:31 pm »

------------
Turn 22
------------

Move to the back, and cast Extended Illuminate.
Aid Derm with his spell.

You gather your mana and incant the spell "Extenditur Illustret". You can feel the spell collapsing on itself the moment you cast it but then you can feel a outside influence helping you stabilize the spell. You start to glow with a light, lighting up the tunnel ahead of you. The tunnel continues for some 20 more feet but then it slopes down steeply preventing you from looking down the tunnel further.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Heal myself non magically while I wait outside.

You put your blade back into your sheath and rummage through your supply pack for medical supplies. Thankfully you still got some left and get to work on your last wound. Like a expert surgeon you stitch your last wound close and bandage it. You feel a lot better now.

Cast a ritual on myself to allow me to see in the dark.

You keep your bow aimed down the tunnel.
((I recommend you read the magic rules, you will have to state the words your spell is made out of.))

Continue to cover them.

You keep both your guns aimed down the tunnel.
((I would like it if you embolden your actions, makes it easier for me to pick out the actions from any possible banter.))

Light a torch from the backpack and keep on moving.

You grab one of your unlit torches torches from your backpack and light it using your flint and tinder. A spark flies into the torch and with some blowing it soon crackles with fire. It doesn't give any more light then Derm's spell but at least you got more then one source of light.

Being able to see where you actually put your feet down you slowly advance down the tunnel again. After a few steps you suddenly halt and the people behind almost bump into you. You can see a thin wire stretched barely above the floor. If it weren't for your light you would have stumbled right into that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 22 The dark mine
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »

"Welp, lets keep going."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2013, 09:06:34 pm »

(( Sorry. ))

Cast ritual to allow me to see in the dark and follow the team.

"Nocturnis envisious"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:00 pm »

(I dont think we as the players need to go all latin'y)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »

(( I liked the words and my other ideas all sounded to harry potter ish. ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 19 Kobold Goulash
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2013, 09:53:08 pm »

Caern waves for his teammates to stop and points at the wire.
Trip wire.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2013, 10:02:31 pm »

"Well step over it."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2013, 01:07:19 am »

April, following Derm's words, jumps over the trip wire, flicking a little bit of bloody hair out of her eyes.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:09:29 am by Powder Miner »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2013, 04:26:06 am »

Keep in front of Dern on guard for an attack.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2013, 06:12:29 am »

Follow the others into the tunnel.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 23 The dark mine
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2013, 09:08:43 am »

------------
Turn 23
------------

Cast ritual to allow me to see in the dark and follow the team.

You gather mana and direct it to your eyes "Nocte oculus" you incant. You do the spell horribly wrong and your eyes nearly explode with the uncontrolled mana. Thankfully it dissipates after a while and the pain fades away. Perhaps it is better the spell didn't succeed as Derm's glow and Caern's torch would only blind you. You quickly move in behind the rest.

((There is a reason why I ask for English words. It's so I can understand what you are trying to do, translating things back doesn't always go well. Hell, the Google translator doesn't even see envisious as a latin word at all and I have my doubts it is one. I am just going to assume you were going for Night Vision.))

Welp, lets keep going.
Follow the others into the tunnel.
Keep in front of Dern on guard for an attack.
April, following Derm's words, jumps over the trip wire, flicking a little bit of bloody hair out of her eyes.

With the slope preventing the back line from giving covering fire they also move into the tunnel. With Derm's glow and Caern's torch the party easily manages to step over the trip wire, considering the wire nearly touches the floor. The party keeps going forwards, after a few feet down the sloped tunnel you can hear yipping and yapping. Kobolds.

From two holes to the side of the tunnel kobold pour out like a locust plague, you count seven of them. Unlike the patrol though these seem a lot less confident and zealous to you despite that they use the armor and spears, these kobold also have shields unlike the patrol. They quickly block the tunnel using their spears and shields, forming a Falanx formation.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2013, 09:33:44 am »

"Derm, if you can statter them please."

After Derm made a opening, charge them to further disrupt them.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2013, 10:09:21 am »

"A formation...But these don't seem as brave as the last ones."

Attack when an opportunity of not getting skewered by the lances appears.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:14 am »

"My pleasure." Derm growled. He pointed his free talon at themiddle of the kobold horde.

"Eruption!"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2013, 10:48:21 am »

Shoot the one in the middle between the eyes.        (( Sorry they sounded close enough to English that I thought it would be clear what they meant. But that was right anyway, but why did I get -1? I have basic skill in rituals already.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21