Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21398 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 10
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2013, 09:49:45 am »

"Yes, follow me, I will lead the way." Grey said tapping his chest-plate.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:53:34 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2013, 11:33:09 am »

"I suppose we can get moving, then." Caern says, putting his arms behind his head before starting to walk away from the inn and towards the kobolds' lair.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 11
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2013, 01:48:50 pm »

------------
Turn 11
------------

With grey leading the way the party exits the town and travels east, towards the kobold lair.

[3] Normal Encounter.

While traveling you come across one of the kobold bands that are plaguing the area. You can see six of them all wearing leather armor with simple spears and slings, once they spot the party and see your numbers, and gear, however they quickly turn tail. You can either let them go and continue towards the lair or chase them down and eliminate the group.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »

Chase them down, shoot down the fastest of them with my bow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:43 pm »

"Before they get away!"

Charge them aiming to knock them down over causing damage to prevent their escape.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2013, 03:10:41 pm »

"The prey is afoot!" Derm cries, and quickly takes to the air.

"Gust" He yells, and moves in for a severe claw raking.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:28 pm »

"Hmm..." yells, after a fashion, Facol. His strength, he realises, is not in his sword arm.

Lag behind the others and prey on the first outnumbered or injured kobold I come across.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »

"We should get them before they get a chance of regrouping with allies." Caern points out as he starts to sprint, taking a tackling stance.

Run and tackle the 'bolds.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2013, 06:20:07 pm »

"I think they might tell the others!" April runs at one of the ones with a sling full speed, and tries to stab it with both of her daggers, aware that a gun would be quite loud.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 12
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2013, 07:52:37 pm »

------------
Turn 12
------------

Party's Turn

Chase them down, shoot down the fastest of them with my bow.

You quickly knock back a arrow and let it fly towards the Spear Kobold fartest ahead of his group. [1+1=2] The arrow narrowly misses the creatures head.

Charge them aiming to knock them down over causing damage to prevent their escape.

[5] You quickly catch up to one of the slower spear kobolds and you swing your hammer at one of its legs to try and prevent it's escape. [1vs6] You miss however, the kobold proving much to quick for you. The heavy hammer hits the dirt hard, messing up your momentum. The spear kobold manages to gain some distance from you as you stumble.

"The prey is afoot!" Derm cries, and quickly takes to the air.

"Gust" He yells, and moves in for a severe claw raking.

[4] You spread your dark red wings and with a powerful flap you rise into the sky, your robes jostling as you do. Pulling on the mana within you incant a spell "Flamen!" [4] the wind picks up and it quickly carries you to your enemies. You dive down on one of the sling kobolds with the intent to carve his face, [3vs2] coming from the sky the kobold does not see you coming and you score in a hit. [5+1=6] Doing quite a bit of damage to him thanks to the momentum you got from the gust, one of the eyes is raked out by your claws and it screams out in pain.

Run and tackle the 'bolds.

[4] You sprint up quickly to the kobolds, their small legs giving them a disadvantage. [4vs2] You manage to tackle one of the healthy sling kobolds in the back, [4] hitting him hard with your partial metal body. It yelps in surprise and pain. You manage to get a strong grip on it, wrestling with it on the ground.

Lag behind the others and prey on the first outnumbered or injured kobold I come across.

[5]With a half sprint you run after the rest of your party with no effort. Noting the tackled kobold you decide to pounce on him, [3+1vs3] thanks to Caern holding the kobold down you manage to hit it [2] but your sword does not end up cutting very deep.

"I think they might tell the others!" April runs at one of the ones with a sling full speed, and tries to stab it with both of her daggers, aware that a gun would be quite loud.

You quickly go after the last, undamaged, slinger. [3] With some effort you manage to catch up to it and you pull out your daggers as you approach it's back. You try to stab it in the neck as it tries to flee, [1vs5] seems like you could use some training with those blades as your aim goes wide and the kobold quickly darts out of the way of your stumbling.

Kobold's Turn

The Spear kobold ahead of his band quickly turns around as a arrow flies by his head, nearly hitting him. He sees some of his comrades hurt and he quickly aids his, now one-eyed, comrade. [6vs5] His spear is thrust accurately into the air hitting the leg of Derm, [1] thankfully it causes little more then a scratch.
The one eyed kobold screams out in rage and pain and it quickly fires off a rock with his sling at Derm for retribution. [5v5] Derm proves to be just a little quicker however and the projectile misses narrowly.
Just as grey manages to lift his hammer back up, the kobold he tried to mangle the legs off takes a stab at him with his spear. [6vs4] Hitting him square in the chest, [4] grey grunts as he feels the sting of the spear.
The tackled kobold struggles as hard as he can under the weight and grip of Caern [1] but his grip proves to be to strong and the kobold yelps helplessly in a language you do not understand. One of the unoccupied spear kobolds hears the cries for aid and moves in for a strike, it raises it's spear towards Caern [5vs5]but as it thrusts Caern rolls, together with the kobold in his grip, to the side and the spear hits only ground.
Having just easily dodged April's daggers the last sling kobold fires off a projectile towards April using it's primitive weapon. [2vs4] April nimbly dodges it with a quick roll and the rock it fired digs into a nearby tree, splintering it's bark.

Status
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Hope the format is easy enough to be followed, not sure about shoving the rolls into the text like that. And I will change character sheets concerning skill points once combat is over.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:46:02 am by Zarule »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2013, 08:05:55 pm »

(The flow of text could be a little more smooth. Commas, for instance. Periods. Splitting run on sentances into multiple sentances.")

"Beware! I cast fist!" Derm cies as the thrill of the hunt comes rushing forward.

Sear. I want to coat my claws in flame, which I assume I am immune or highly resistant to.

Rip and burn!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:11:27 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2013, 08:09:47 pm »

Fire again, take out the cobold furthest away.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:06 pm »

"Ahahaaaaa!" April yells in jubilation as adrenaline begins to fill her, not stopping chasing the slinger and, deciding that it couldn't get a lot less quiet, being a pitched battle, fires at the healthy slinger with one of her pistols.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »

((Doesn't Caern have an extra 10 hp? Also, there are some instances of "goblin" being used instead of "kobold".))

"Damn, avoid letting any of them escape." Caern says, preparing for another attack.

Use the advantageous position to throw the kobold at one of his still-standing allies.
>Yes?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2013, 03:50:33 am »

"Really now?"

Swing at the 'Working Legs' Kobold
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21