Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21412 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 4
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 05:19:29 am »

"My name is Duros."

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 5
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 01:00:02 pm »

------------
Turn 5
------------

She nods as you all state your names, her eyes lingering the longest on April when she says hers.

She quickly moves on after exchanging names "Alright, the kobold job." she pulls out a large scrolled up piece of paper from one of the desk drawers and spreads it out on the surface. It's a map of the country you are currently in, Arundano.
"The kobolds moved into a abandoned mine some miles east of the village a few months ago." She jabs at a marked spot on the map. "Here". "Since then they have been attacking travelers on the roads and the farmers that are out working in the fields." she says as she paces behind her desk. "Every time our patrols arrived on the scene of the attacks they were already gone, they move quick and efficiently and with the few skirmishes we have had with them they have shown to be well organized and trained as well." The captain frowns "It's unlike any other kobolds I have fought before. I do not know who leads this clan but he must be a capable leader for him to instill this much discipline into them."

"I would like you all to put a stop to their attacks, I don't care how you do it as long as it gets done. Should you be able to accomplish this you will earn yourselves 300 gold." "However.. I feel the kobold leader might be to dangerous to leave alive so if you are able to bring me back his head I will double your pay." she sits down back into her chair. "Are there any questions?"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:02:23 pm by Zarule »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 01:05:01 pm »

"Can you give us a rough idea of the weapons and armor they have and how many of them we will need to fight through? Can you spare any men to assist us or maybe know where we might find some who have a score to settle with them?"

(( It says goblin job on the first line mate. ))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 01:08:34 pm »

"What the mine like, is it single shafts or networking?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 2
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 07:25:59 pm »

"Since the mine was abandoned, do you have a map of its interior or do you know of someone who'd have a map?" Caern asks. "I suspect the kobolds will know the place like the palm of their hands, and something to help us navigate there could be very useful. Most mines are like small mazes."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »

"What time do you think it would be the best for us to set out? Night or day?"

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 06:38:24 am »

------------
Turn 6
------------

"Can you give us a rough idea of the weapons and armor they have and how many of them we will need to fight through? Can you spare any men to assist us or maybe know where we might find some who have a score to settle with them?"

"Kobolds usually use spears and slings along with leather armor and this has proven the same with these kobolds to, so far. But it is possible that they may have gotten better weapons and armor from the travelers and merchants on the roads but I can't imagine it being much considering most arms have been sent to the southern borders due to the war." She grimaces "Nasty business that."

"And no, I can not spare you any men. We are running low as it is, I need all the men to keep the village and the immediate surrounding areas safe." She explains "I can send my scout with you to show the way to the mine but I can not do more then that. And This is the first time I have heard of any kobolds in this area so I cannot tell you if they have made enemies elsewhere."

"What the mine like, is it single shafts or networking?"

"I can not tell, the mine has been abandoned for decades now and I have never been in there myself. The only thing I know of the mine itself is that it was a slope mine and that it yielded copper."

"Since the mine was abandoned, do you have a map of its interior or do you know of someone who'd have a map?" Caern asks. "I suspect the kobolds will know the place like the palm of their hands, and something to help us navigate there could be very useful. Most mines are like small mazes."

"I have no map of the place. The mine used to be owned by a company called Adastra Minerals, they have some offices in the city Northpass some good miles up north. They might have a map in their archives but I can not guarantee that you will be able to get it from them."

"What time do you think it would be the best for us to set out? Night or day?"

"Their patrols have been in broad daylight so far considering it is only then that travelers are on the roads and our farmers out in the fields. So you could try to strike the mines when a part of their force is away."

"There is not much else I can tell you, adventurers. Only to be careful when you go to face them for kobolds love to lay down traps and ambushes."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 6
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 05:20:43 pm »

"Well, I for one don't suggest going all the way up to the mining company. I actually still think we should go during night because if the patrols are out during the day chances are we might stumble upon them. Besides, won't they be sleeping?" April grins lopsidedly again. "What do you all think?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 05:31:11 pm »

"A slope mine will most likely be single shaft, but that not a cast iron rule. I agree with April, the company too far away to bother for such a small threat. Grey turn to Adela "I can't remember, are kobolds day or night active?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 08:09:51 pm »

"I can't remember, are kobolds day or night active?"

"Since they are subterranean creatures I think they prefer the night but it is not to uncommon to find them during day."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 08:23:03 pm »

"Best a daylight attack then, it will be easier to run if we have to."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 2
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

"The possibility of obtaining the map is probably more trouble than it is worth and yes, attacking during the night will give them the edge." Caern says, crossing his minds and furrowing his brow as he thinks. "During the day, we could try to avoid their patrols and go directly for the mine, taking down their leader as fast as possible and any opposition we encounter."

The young man smirks. "They'll probably be left in disarray after we kill their leader. It probably won't be too hard as far as we are able to avoid traps and hope we are not ambushed over and over."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 09:33:24 pm »

"Yeah, fine we can go in the day."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 03:23:11 am »

Then we should probably get some rest.[/b]

Go into town and ask around to find out if anybody has a map or wants some payback on the kobolds.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2013, 04:14:41 am »

I'm going see if any ex-miners live in the town and what info they have on the mines.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21