Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 37 The dark mine  (Read 21387 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventurer's Path - Turn 7
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2013, 03:19:31 pm »

"Hello," says Facol, the beary newcomer. "Alcohol frequently gets along with me, and I will have no objection to sharing a beer with you. The offer is generous. I am looking for work, and hear you have some? I am handy with... Well, with herbs and so on, mostly... Facol kind of peters out, mumbling indistinctly to himself.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »

Buy beer for the bear-like guy.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »

"Would you mind explaining why you would be worth bringing with us Derm? So far all we know is your half bird and you want to come.
If your going to drag us down I'd like to know now.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2013, 03:27:51 pm »

"Well, Derm said, puffing up in a somewhat unintentional literal metaphor, "I should inform you that that my bird half is, in fact,"

He clasped his claws together, muttered a word, and pulled them apart, leaving a glowing ball of fire in the space between.

"Phoenix. And as a half phoenix trained in a currently smoking magical institution, I have a supernatural affinity toward fire with smatterings of other types, can identify a lot of magicaly thingies, can fly for a bit, and may or may not be immortal. I'm not sure about that one and I'm not going to test it unless I am forced to."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:29:46 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2013, 03:29:09 pm »

"Well... He says he burns stuff? Perhaps he could burn kobolds too... And thank you," adds Facol, turning to the kindly stranger offering the beer. A good day, so far, he thinks...

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »

Hmmm that could be useful, nobody is going to notice me when things start catching fire. Your both welcome to join us.

Offer my hand.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2013, 03:36:00 pm »

Handing the beer to Facol, Grey nod at them "Welcome aboard, in a manor of speaking."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2013, 03:36:54 pm »

"Ah, thank you! I look forward to working with you." Derm said, and awkwardly tried not to claw Duroses hand off as he shook it. "So," he said brightly. "When do we set off?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2013, 03:39:08 pm »

"About 10 o'clock tomorrow."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »

Gets a drink then takes off my mask to drink it and smiles at the newcomers.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2013, 03:44:10 pm »

Derm looked off balance at this. "Tomorrow? Would have, ah, would have preffered sooner than that. I didn't really have anything else planned for today."

Derm looked both ways, shrugged and sat down. "Bartender, (OOC: Is this an Inn/Tavern we're at?) do you happen to have any Klatchian fire tea?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2013, 03:45:36 pm »

"Only tomorrow? Aha."

Order several more beers from the barman. Offer some to Grey if he's interested.

"I'd like to join you, if you'll have me. I am a passable healer, when needed. I know various herbal remedies to aid the healing of burns," adds Facol, glancing at the demibirdman.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2013, 03:48:57 pm »

"Oh, you do?" Derm said brightly. "Glad to have you! Bring about three times as much burn... herb.. things as you were otherwise going to, word of advice."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »

Accept the beer
"A healer, interesting. I'm an aspiring paladin." Grey said, shaking Facol hand(claw?)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2013, 03:54:01 pm »

Shake his hand back. It is a hand.

Turning to Derm.

"I'll... I'll get some more on the way tomorrow. In my culture, it is a bad omen to interrupt the drinking of many b- er several beers before a quest. Come! Let us... Strategise?"

"Aspiring?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21