Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [Suggestion Game] Demon  (Read 16752 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion Game] Demon
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2012, 04:26:25 am »

I say we ask him his name, at the very least, so that we know somebody we can imitate, to some extent. Also, we have broken him to our will, right? Let's try to test our powers a little... See how he reacts to orders of suicide (Stop him before he actually does the deed!) murder, that sort of stuff, but keep some kind of contingency plan to kill him, should he lose control. We don't want to spend more than a day or two here. This master sounds powerful, and I imagine he could deal quite a bit of damage to us. Assuming we find that he is completely broken to our will, we should try to get him to come with us into some secluded area, with summoning equipment. This will allow us to enslave some of our own kind that are more physically capable and we can use them as sorts of demonic guard, so if word of our "stronghold" does get out, no enterprising adventurers will be able to kill us, or at least have some trouble.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2012, 04:35:14 am »

Hey, can demons summon other demons?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2012, 04:49:53 am »

Wait a minute. Would killing him trigger the no-harm rune? Also, how physically powerful are we?

In any case, don't kill him. Try levitating anything to check where we have the power of telekinesis. Try summoning a five-meter rope. If failed, change our form into that the exact copy of our current one, but holding a five-meter rope in our hand. If success, try dropping the rope to check whether all parts of our form are required to be attached to us. If our strength can be described as "at least two of three times that of an average human being", restrain the fuck out of him. If not, change the form to the red abomination described in the book and restrain the fuck out of him. If all our forms are too physically weak or if all our attempts at creating a rope separate from our body failed, continue with the charade.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2012, 05:10:07 am »

Name: Crinkle Yearvent
Form: A tall four arme-
CRAP!

I say we ask him his name. And lets not kill him yet. He's 14. A newbie. Poor guy doesn't even think he managed to summon a demon correctly. We need a spare party member, lets drag him along with us.
But yeah, lets continue the charade and attempt to learn as much as possible, and kill his master, cause the master is a threat. Lets be sure to pretty much quiz him on his master.
We should also totally down the wine as fast as possible. Though, once we have had our drink, quizzed him, lets keep him captive, gagged, bound and use his information to help us kill his master.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2012, 08:52:26 am »

Let's wait on his evisceration.  We should keep him occupied as much as possible on random requests while we modify the book.
Agreed. No matter how much I want to say we kill him "successfully."

Continue the charade, ask name, etc.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2012, 09:36:13 am »

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

... and knocks. You clear your throat, and answer with a very quiet Come in., designed to be exactly hearable by him while conveying your still weak shape. On seeing the mug of wine, you quickly stand up, rush towards him - noticing him flinching - take said mug, and down it very quickly. He, meanwhile, steps back and stands beside the door.
You set the mug down, and throw him a genuine, thankful smile. Thank you. That was... better than anything I drunk before. Would you mind telling me your name? He leans back against the wall, in an obvious attempt to calm himself a bit. I'm... I'm Enca Hane. Call me Enca, please. Enca... how powerful is your master? Do you think he could help me? Help me find out what happened to me? Well, he's not that powerful... but at least better than... He looks at his feet than me. He's not experienced with summoning, however. Maybe one of the books... You interrupt him.
Can... can you get me food, too? And... you blush, Would you mind if you don't tell anyone about me? I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable yet around other people. He doesn't even bother answering, instead just leaves and shuts the door behind him. Well, that was fun.
Now, for other things. What are you able to do? You begin by testing the more... supernatural (You chuckle) abilities. Like, how about moving things without touching them? You concentrate, and try to move the book's page around. Well, nothing. Scratch telekinesis. Damn.
Then, you try summoning a rope. Why a rope? Well, why not. There actually appears to appear a rope on the table, but it is nearly transparent, and flickers. Plus, it isn't five meter long, more like half a meter. And doesn't exist. Except for the lack of realistic appearance, it could be a nice illusion.
You shortly consider testing to form yourself to a part rope, but quickly decide it to be quite pointless - like a human can't drop an arm, you surely couldn't drop said rope. Cut it lose, maybe, but that would mean several hours hurt until you're healed. And you don't want that for now.
Now, strength. You try to pick up the chair you were sitting on. Easy to do. You pick it up with one hand, then set it down again. After all, you do need something to sit on. The heavy wardrobe, however, proves more resilient. You try lifting it with all your force, but seem to fail. Increasing your force, you feel your control over the form slipping, as the muscles you need to form don't fit inside of it any longer. Finally, you're able to force it higher, and above your head. Thankfully the room has a high ceiling. You set it down again, and take a look at yourself. Luckily, nobody saw you like this. You're basically a mess of muscles, strung however you just needed them, and most humans would probably run away from you as quickly as possible, to later return with a lynch mob. And pitchforks. You quickly change back, looking around again.
Now, how to capture that boy, you ask yourself? Well, why bind and gag him at all? Aside from there not lying any rope around, with the nearest thing being the bed's sheets, you can just... ask nicely. And such you do, once he opens the door again, bringing you several crudely cut slices of bread with some sort of cheese on it. He puts it down onto the table and before he gets his composure back, you suggest him to
Stand still. Don't make a sound.

Spoiler: Ourista (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Impact (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:29:28 am by 3_14159 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2012, 10:09:16 am »

Hm, interesting info. Noting the pecularities of our magic (even as a simple link to this post) would be really helpful. What are we wearing, by the way? Also, is a suggestion necessarily verbal, or can we also simply think of it?

Order him to jump on one leg. If he stares at us like we're insane, ask him why he's doing that and pretend that we didn't say anything. If he complies, ignore it. Ask for some clothing. When he's gone, try shedding a piece of clothing (that is technically a part of us). If we can't do it without literally tearing ourselves in pieces, we may be in quite a bit of trouble with the whole 'pretending to be a human' shtick. Discreetly try to make a part of ourselves (an arm, for example) incorporeal ((a personal request from me to make this one power possible ;))). Change our form to include a glove on our hand and return to the current one. Note how obvious the shapeshifting is, on a scale from 'any casual observer can notice us shifting' through 'hand morphs into something really weird before assuming the final appearance while the rest of the body remains normal' to 'nobody except someone intently staring at our hand will notice a glove materializing on it'. Then transform into the muscled abomination and back as fast as demonically possible. Note how fast that happened. Note whether any observer would actually notice us shifting or simply perceive it as 'there was a muscled demon one instant, and now there's a girl'.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:16:50 am by Dariush »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2012, 11:12:04 am »

No experimenting with how weird shapeshifting is until the guy we're trying to convince we're normal is gone!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2012, 11:31:36 am »

I have tried making everything a bit more logical, and explained, by adding to the first post's glossary.
Incidentally, since I'm often annoyed by searching a forum game's posts (though reading the 'strategies' as they were invented is funny, too), I've added a navigation. Another thing I've duplicated from the Demonhood thread.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2012, 11:33:10 am »

Yeah, let's wait for him to get gone before practicing.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2012, 04:41:09 am »

No experimenting with how weird shapeshifting is until the guy we're trying to convince we're normal is gone!
That's what the 'ask for clothing' part is. Everything that comes after that is assuming he leaves the room.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2012, 08:28:17 am »

That's what the 'ask for clothing' part is. Everything that comes after that is assuming he leaves the room.
Ah, missed that implied bit.
Sig

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2012, 09:28:06 am »

Jump on one leg, will you, Enca? He almost immediately complies, and, well, jumps. You ignore him for a bit, instead reading the summoning book. It is quite amusing, going on for a long time about how evil and devious demons are. You can't believe how mistaken those people are! Demons are noble creatures, with nothing in their mind but peace and quiet. Oh, you nearly forgot the poor apprentice you broke and are currently suggesting things he does not want. The irony is not completely lost on you.
However, he's beginning to sway on his single leg, so you send him out to get you some clothing. You don't want clothing, however, you want a bit of time to experiment.
You then try to lose the vest you're wearing, noticing soon, however, that a part of it must always remain bonded to you. You do not, however, want to try what happens when you chop it off.
Staring on one of your arms intently, however, doesn't even provide such an unconvincing effect. It stays corporal. A glove, however, easily appears on it, as if your hand grows by a few millimetres, and during this takes a leathery look and feel. Turning it back basically looks like the same thing in reverse. Transforming into that beautiful, muscled... thing you were later takes nearly the same time, about a second, maybe two, and is unsurprisingly a bit more noticeable. However, you feel yourself being able to control the extent of visibility, simply by going through intermediate forms. You can turn 'directly' into that muscled thing, basically growing where needed, shrinking where needed, changing your skin's texture, or you can let your arms leash out, muscles jumping around like snakes, with black smoke coming from your skin. Useful, really.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:57:33 am by 3_14159 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2012, 09:54:10 am »

((Am I the only one here, guys? :())

No ideas right now. Let's make our 'clothing' look a bit more tattered both for fanservice and to justify changing it.

Also, you didn't tell us about suggestion. Can we merely think about it or must we necessarily pronounce it?

Also also, did we inflict any permanent (or at least lasting) mental effect on the boy or is his 'breakdown' merely from natural causes (insofar as summoning a girl instead of a three-meter demon can be considered natural...)?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2012, 10:08:12 am »

((Am I the only one here, guys? :())
Nope, I just don't have any ideas.

No ideas right now.
Oh goody.

Let's make our 'clothing' look a bit more tattered both for fanservice and to justify changing it.
Just a bit--don't be too obvious a change.

Also, you didn't tell us about suggestion. Can we merely think about it or must we necessarily pronounce it?
My guess: We need to say it.

Also also, did we inflict any permanent (or at least lasting) mental effect on the boy or is his 'breakdown' merely from natural causes (insofar as summoning a girl instead of a three-meter demon can be considered natural...)?
Heh.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12