Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 72256 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 79 - Highly Questionable Company
« Reply #780 on: August 17, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »

((DAMMIT I DID THE IRONYOWL CYCLE))
((The what?))

((Huh. Phiali is in a situation where screwing up could be either really good or extremely lethal.))

"Why is it called burning day? What is being burnt?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 17, 2013, 04:01:40 pm »

((1: Oh cool turn!
2: Imma perform action!
3: *forget to do action*
4: Why I get skip did I not do action?
5: Oooooooooh.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 17, 2013, 04:09:37 pm »

"Why is it called burning day? What is being burnt?"

"People who ask too many questions!"

She keeps on juggling, giggling to herself.

"Or effigies, that works as well. I mostly like the music."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 17, 2013, 04:20:22 pm »

"Sorry, I'm new. Effigies of what?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 17, 2013, 04:22:37 pm »

"Sorry, I'm new. Effigies of what?"

"Things we don't like and need, that's what! Like people who ask too many questions! You should join the festivities!" the juggler says. You still can't read her expression from underneath the mask.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 17, 2013, 04:23:20 pm »

"Um. Alright..."

Explore the festival. Try not to get set on fire.
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 17, 2013, 04:49:59 pm »

Grumble and attempt to untie the knot and free myself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 17, 2013, 07:40:35 pm »

Play music.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 19, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »

Lars was a bit taken back by this.  He was unsure what to do at this point.   Well, time to call the flock.  He raised his voice as high as he could without shrieking.

"FAITHFUL OF THE ONE TRUE GOD!  COME FORTH, AS WE ARE VICTORIOUS!  TOWNSPEOPLE, COME SEE WHAT HAS BECOME OF THE KEZILAM IMPOSTERS!  BRING FUEL FOR A FIRE!"

Scream at the people until everyone comes.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 80 - Festival Day
« Reply #789 on: August 21, 2013, 08:36:18 am »

Turn 80 - Festival Day

Gronok, rather interested in what might be so special about this fire and the singing, decides to tap one of the singing people on the shoulder.

The person in question, a kindly, middle-aged woman, turns around and faces him.

"Oh, hello, sir! Have you come to join in for the Day of Flames? We have plenty of room around the fire, and one is always welcome to sing the praises of the True Goddess, even one without a tezeram to their name."

Phiali, cautiously backing away from the suspiciously happy masked juggler, tries to explore the festival, becoming highly mindful of any nearby flaming objects.

After about half an hour of wandering about, he notices several things about the festival. Firstly, there's fire everywhere. Fire on every corner. Some people are juggling torches, and one guy is playing a harp on fire. After half an hour more of watching that guy, he comes to the conclusion that no, nobody takes their mask off during the festivities. Plus, playing a harp on fire is a surprisingly mesmerizing sight. In fact, that's another thing - Phiali can hear music all around him.

Shashari, quite tired of hanging around as usual, tries to reach her ankles and untie the knot.

[Untying roll: 1-->1]

Grumbling as she tries to reach the rope, she bends up, but finds herself seemingly physically incapable of reaching the rope. To be honest, she blames two things - not doing a warmup beforehand and sleeping in an uneven pile of straw on a dirt floor. That kind of thing is a killer for the spine. Not to mention that she has a feeling that she's getting a bit too old for this kind of thing, which is highly depressing.

However, as she reflects on this state of events, she does hear something - the area is not as silent as one might think. In fact, she thinks she hears something like... laughter? It's very distant and muffled, but she's pretty sure it's laughter. And when it stops just as suddenly as it must have begun, she becomes certain - an asshole most certainly inhabits these ruins. And whoever this asshole might be, it is aware of her presence.

Elizas understands that this situation has gotten rather uncomfortably tense. Luckily, he can administer cure - the sweetest cure of all, the power of rock.

[Vocal performance roll: 5+2]

Possessed by the urge to perform, Elizas frees himself of the engagement with the guard, then determinedly steps to the center of the room, brandishing his guitar with intent to amaze. He begins with a short, purely instrumental intro to get the people's attention, then begins a glorious riff accompanied by melodious vocal verses, a musical exploration of what makes a human being what they are, whether it is the love of self, the love of others, the love of God or the love of their respective craft. The audience forgets the presence of the women by the end of the first verse. By the end of the second it is obvious that they've forgotten everything else as well, including themselves.

As Elizas' music soars, so do the spirits of the people present, and many are stricken with the desire to dance freely. It is a wonderful spectacle, as Elizas can see that the power of music and artistic inspiration appears to have set free a part of their being one normally wouldn't see. It's transcendental, in a way. In fact, he hardly notices the passing of midnight, so absorbed he is in the plying of his trade. Finally, in the very latest hours of the night, he is quite done, finishing up his many-part rock symphony with a delightful outro, at the end of which he sinks to his knees, totally spent both physically and mentally. He notices that nobody has really moved too far out of the room - not the patrons, not the ladies of the night, not even his honored guests. To both him and them, this has been an experience.

A good five minutes of roaring applause later, the crowd begins to leave, noticing the lateness of the hour. Elizas feels like he has truly accomplished something here, and that none of the people who entered this room left quite the same way. In addition, he, finally directing his gaze to the stage he currently rests on, notices a rather sizable pile of money in front of him. It takes a minute for him to register that these must be the tips - must be at least 100 tezerams in here.

Furthermore, he becomes aware of the owner passing him some money and making a comment - he doesn't entirely hear what it is, but he's sure it must be some form of congratulation.

Lars, rather disappointed at an absence of a flock to proselytize to, realizes that this is a problem that can most certainly be solved by shouting.

"FAITHFUL OF THE ONE TRUE GOD!  COME FORTH, AS WE ARE VICTORIOUS!  TOWNSPEOPLE, COME SEE WHAT HAS BECOME OF THE KEZILAM IMPOSTERS!  BRING FUEL FOR A FIRE!" he yells to nobody in particular.

He notices several heads poke out of homes in the village. The heads of women and children, in fact, who were conspicuously absent in the attack on the temple. Lars isn't sure if they count as faithful or just rubberneckers, though. As for actual faithful, some people in the temple appear to have heard him, too, particularly after a whole bunch of indoor repetitions. About twenty male villagers emerge from the depths of the temple.

"So, we won? That sure is a relief. So, when does the debauchery begin? And what's this about a fi- hey, what're the priests doing here?"

Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 21, 2013, 09:27:30 am »

Locate some kind of activity I can join in to pass the time and join the natives. Hopefully one that does not involve me being set on fire.
Chat about God with the locals. Emphasize the firey bits.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 21, 2013, 04:39:00 pm »

Who is this True Goddess?

((If this conversation doesn't get completed by tomorrow, just consider me paused or something for ~1 week. See sig.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 21, 2013, 04:51:18 pm »

Who is this True Goddess?

"Why, She of undying flames and unwavering spirit, the blessed scourge, Kezilam, the one true Goddess of all mankind in these dark, amoral times."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 21, 2013, 04:55:55 pm »

And what do you pray to her for?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 21, 2013, 05:02:05 pm »

"And what do you pray to her for?"

"We ask for nothing of the Goddess, for we are unworthy of Her favor in this world as we are, though we are graciously allowed to earn it, and it is only through virtuous living, through purification of the soul, that one earns their eternal place at Her side in the next world. Those that do not live virtuously burn as falling stars as their soul dissipates in the void of death."
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 60