Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60

Author Topic: Prophets of the New God: most unfortunately dropped.  (Read 72216 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 23 - The Quiet Alley
« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2013, 08:37:16 pm »

Hold on.
shame swords
What.

-----

Resist the temptation! Exit the armory and run across the hall to that other hall quickly and quietly.

And while I'm here, let me remind you of a little something that you may have forgotten...
Pacifist: Phiali will never intentionally start a fight or hurt anyone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 12, 2013, 12:55:00 am »

"Hehe. Hahaha. Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! PERFECT!
Ahem! So! I'll get to work on that. What do the shame swords look like?"

"Like normal swords, except they're made of wood and have the word 'SHAME' written on them in large unfriendly letters."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2013, 01:05:35 am »

"Excellent!"
Sneak through the corridors until I find a guard carrying a shame sword. Avoid any with nonshame swords.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 24 - Righteous Borrowing of Material Goods
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2013, 04:58:39 am »

Turn 24 - Righteous Borrowing of Material Goods

Elizas heads down to the carpenter's workshop to perform some righteous borrowing of material goods for the salvation of all, also known as one of the better reasons to choose prophecy as your calling in life. He opens the door and looks within.

Well, the carpenter does seem to be in. But his tools are lying around unattended at the moment. Perfect opportunity for righteous borrowing if there ever was one.

[Theft roll: 2]

As he walks in, the carpenter turns around immediately.

"Yes? How can I help you?"

Hm. How best to handle this?

Phiali resists the temptation to handle any of the deliciously deadly armament in this room and tries to get out of the room as quickly as possible to not let the sheen of the excellent-quality iron blades get to his head. He opens the door!

There are two guards right outside, heading right in his direction.

[Phiali stealth roll: 5]

He casually brushes past them, looking as natural as a human being possibly could. He then strolls out into the main hall, looking exactly like an invading heretic on a holy quest wouldn't. The guards clearly see him, but make no fuss about it.

You see, this is what happens when you do not pay enough attention to your fellow temple-dwellers.

Gronok, upon finding out the truth about the shame swords, tries to head out in search of a guard.

Unfortunately, the door leading out of the dungeon seems to be totally and utterly locked. And there is no key that he can see.

[Gronok perception roll: ?]

But that doesn't really make sense, does it? Why would a dungeon be closed without some way to open it from the inside? What if a guard gets trapped in here? What if he needs help torturing someone? What if a totally innocent old man wanders into a taboo zone and accidentally locks himself in a dungeon? This place is unsafe!

Spoiler: Gronok's mental map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MP Tracker (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2013, 05:05:24 am »

Look around for some other way out.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:54:43 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2013, 09:08:21 am »

Whoops, I wrote that the door has "no key". By that I meant it has no lock. Therefore, nothing to unlock.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2013, 09:13:30 am »

Maybe Gronok should convert some of the other prisoners.

Anyways.

-----

Enter the lower-right hall on my map. Stealthily.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2013, 08:00:06 pm »

Elizas bows. "Good evening. I am a tax collector from the royal court, and it has been decreed that there will be an annual tax in which all carpenters, blacksmiths, metalworkers, and others who use tools in their occupations to give me exactly 1 sack full of said tools. This all sounds strange and new, but we desperately need more smelting material for the city. You don't have to give me anything, but if you do not, know that in a few days a couple soldiers will come here and take even more things by force. And they are mean and have very pointy swords."

Con the carpenter out of his tools.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 16, 2013, 07:32:21 am »

Sejena didn't like this. She didn't like this at all. Even the guard was gone. She had no intention of just waiting in her room, though...

Keep close to the door and try to hear/find out if there's anyone... anywhere.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 25 - Strange Approach
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2013, 01:53:27 pm »

Turn 25 - Strange Approach

Gronok is currently locked inside a dank dungeon, exactly the sort of place an old man should never allow himself to be locked inside of. There is only one thing he can possibly do now, and this is to search for some heretofore undiscovered means of exit that clearly should be present in an inescapable dungeon meant to keep people inside of it.

[Search roll: 1-->3]

After pulling on every torch on the wall and achieving absolutely no results aside from a bit of a splinter in his thumb, Gronok gives up the search as hopeless. He is obviously stuck in here for the probably few years he's got left of his life. He is about to loudly bemoan his terrible fate, but he notices that the prisoners seem to be looking at him, so he saves it for a later time.

Phiali, feeling somewhat relieved at the guards' overwhelming preoccupation with their shiny artifacts of murder and war, goes to explore the tunnel across the hall from him. He shuffles silently through the tunnel until he reaches a room decorated with elaborate writing on the wall. There seems to be a fairly large staircase leading downward in the room. The air around the staircase is substantially cooler than the rest of the area.

If he had to guess, Phiali would say that the staircase leads to some sort of basement.

Elizas, having been noticed by the carpenter, attempts to perform a quick con for personal gain and sport.

"Good evening. I am a tax collector from the royal court, and it has been decreed that there will be an annual tax in which all carpenters, blacksmiths, metalworkers, and others who use tools in their occupations to give me exactly 1 sack full of said tools. This all sounds strange and new, but we desperately need more smelting material for the city. You don't have to give me anything, but if you do not, know that in a few days a couple soldiers will come here and take even more things by force. And they are mean and have very pointy swords."

[Bluffing roll: 4]

The carpenter's facial expression sours visibly at the information given to him.

"A shakedown? By one of the king's men? And a foreigner at that? This is an outrage!"

"Outrageous though you may find it, it is actually a perfectly reasonable request. Once again, it is probably in your best interest to hand over a sack now, as it will allow me to check you off in my ledger. Do you wish to do so?"

The carpenter tightens his hands into fists and is about to say something, but then thinks better of it, looks like.

"Wait a minute, I will be right back," he says with defeat audible in his voice, then walks off.

He comes back ten minutes later with a bag in his hand. He jangles it for a bit to prove the metal content of it, then hands it over to Elizas.

"Since you only need smelting material, I took the liberty of removing the handles. They were wooden and no use for smelting, you see."

That may pose a problem. Regardless, it is something. Quite a bit of something, judging by the weight of the bag.

Sejena, having seen enough bad signs in her lifetime to know how to spot one a mile away, backs up against the exterior door of the house and listens as well as keeps an eye out for any people.

[Perception roll: ?]

She thinks she sees somebody approaching from the distance. A whole lot of people, actually. They seem to be walking at a steady pace. Also, they are obviously wearing robes, though they look to be dark robes rather than the gray one would usually expect. Regardless, as they draw a bit closer, Sejena thinks she can hear chanting coming from them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »

Head out and towards the next hallway up (the middle one on the right).
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:18 pm »

Elizas nods. "Very well, you are cleared. See you next year."

Exit, go back to the hiding spot with Patalim and check the contents of the bag. Ask Patalim if he knows where we are, and if there are any safe places for him to hide in or around the city.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:06:43 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:07 pm »

Gronok, having nothing he could do, PANIC sits down cross legged facing the door and prays to Mo'kar for advice on what to do. Include all details of his predicament. If no advice, he teaches the prisoners math or something to pass the time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:27:06 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 26 - The Fleeting Joy of Arithmetic
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:50 pm »

Turn 26 - The Fleeting Joy of Arithmetic

Phiali leaves the foreboding downward staircase be for now, since temple basements are rarely known to be particularly safe, small or easily searchable, and heads up the hall to the middle tunnel on his right.

As he makes his way down the tunnel, a strong smell of recently-burnt incense assails him, and it soon becomes apparent why - the room he gets to has many torches in it. And braziers, to which about nine different alcoves with archways leading to them have been devoted. Well, this explains the amount of chimneys he saw from outside at least.

Each of the braziers seems to have a shiny copper plates spaced in a circle around it. All in all, this place looks a bit unusual.

Elizas nods to the carpenter.

"Very well, you are cleared. See you next year."

The carpenter only mutters something under his breath as he gets back to work. Elizas, meanwhile, gets back to where he left Patalim. It appears that the man is still there, sitting around in confusion and bewilderment. Nodding with satisfaction, Elizas takes a look inside his bag of loot.

It is full of blades of all kinds - saw blades, axe blades and blades from things he can't really place at the moment. A lot of blades, to be sure. Very well, then.

He turns to his new companion and poses several good questions on where exactly they might be and what sort of shelter and safety one could hope to find at this hour.

[Patalim knowledge roll: 4]

Patalim proves rather talkative, all things considered.

"We're near the execution square, I guess, so that would put us near the central bit of the city, east side of the river... yes, that would be where we are. As to where I could hide, I could only begin to guess. They would certainly find me if I stayed with anyone I know, I believe," he says, shrugging with unknowing.

Gronok is completely and utterly stumped now. However, he realizes that he is quite lucky, actually. After all, he is a worshipper of Mo'kar, and Mo'kar likes to give knowledge to stumped followers to help them on their way. He sits down and has a bit of a praying session, hoping to get some divine guidance soon. He is pretty sure being here is unlikely to improve his health, to tell the truth.

[Prayer roll: 1-->2]

Halfway through the first sentence he realizes that there probably isn't any point to this, so he gets up and goes over to the prisoners.

"Say, imprisoned people! How would you like me to teach you..."

[Gronok knowledge roll: 3]

"... well, some basic arithmetic?"

[Prisoner knowledge roll: 3]

"We already tried that. We were remarkably successful, too. Helped pass several months of our time, though the joy of numbers eventually passed and we slipped back into despondency, though that may have also been the extra beatings from the dissatisfied guards at work. Can't have your prisoners being too happy, after all."

Now there's a perfectly good idea that's gone down the gutter, so to speak.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prophets of the New God: Turn 26 - The Fleeting Joy of Arithmetic
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2013, 04:50:09 pm »

Teach more things to them! History, geography, anything.
If they don't want to learn, pray.
Repeat until Grokok gets an MP or something happens.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:05:04 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 60