Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Most annoying bug(s) in DF  (Read 1579 times)

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most annoying bug(s) in DF
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:59:24 pm »

When your mason stands on the square he is going to build a wall on and complains about there being a creature on the build site

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most annoying bug(s) in DF
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:02:05 pm »

Eh, I actually don't find that one that annoying. I think the umbrella of 'Dwarves suck at putting on armor' is much more obnoxious.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 01:42:16 pm »

I have to agree with UG on this one, it makes equpping standing army a real pain in the ass.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:21:58 pm »

I get pretty irritated with the wall building bug.  Often times I'm trying to seal off a cavern *quickly* and Urist McMiner is jacking around either building it while standing on the wrong side of the wall, or finding out he can't build a wall under his feet.  Even after I use a few tricks to get around it (building another wall and suspending construction) I find I have to just browbeat it until it works.  WTB bug fix thx.

MidMorning

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Occasionally sane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 02:24:40 pm »

It may not be a "bug" perse, but the fact that the truetype font doesn't work correctly bugs (pun unintended) me quite a bit.

I just... I just can't use the other font... My poor eyes...

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »

The deconstruction bug bothers me the most, because it often causes building jobs to be cancelled entirely.

I get pretty irritated with the wall building bug.  Often times I'm trying to seal off a cavern *quickly* and Urist McMiner is jacking around either building it while standing on the wrong side of the wall, or finding out he can't build a wall under his feet.
Another option for cavern sealing: dig a channel between two walls, remove the ramps, and carve an access ramp on the fortress side. Repeat as necessary. It doesn't cut off LOS, but it does stop the nastier cavern creatures from walking in.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 04:09:54 pm »

All the silliness with armour for me too. That and the god-awful hive-cancellation-spam one.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 05:04:43 pm »

I am getting the most annoying bug atm

I am mining normally across one z level with no channeling, minecarts, or any way of cave ins and my miners keep getting hit by 'spinning objects' from an entity named "    " (literally a missing name)

I just had five miners die this way. What is the deal? this has never happened before but this past week it seems to of happened all the time

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 06:57:02 pm »

I am getting the most annoying bug atm

I am mining normally across one z level with no channeling, minecarts, or any way of cave ins and my miners keep getting hit by 'spinning objects' from an entity named "    " (literally a missing name)

I just had five miners die this way. What is the deal? this has never happened before but this past week it seems to of happened all the time
minecarts can run people over on the level below sometimes.

also the "  " hitting them, i get it when a body hits something

The most annyoing for me is when people move the plump helmet bag my farmer has designated for planting

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 07:03:32 pm »

There are no minecarts here. Also, if I recall correctly, it's only dropped minecarts that are capable of hitting creatures through solid floor.

What message are you getting exactly? "The spinning   strikes the miner in the <whatever>, <insert injury here>!" ? If you zoom to the place the announcement was generated, where is it exactly?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 10:03:33 am »

The deconstruction bug bothers me the most, because it often causes building jobs to be cancelled entirely.

I get pretty irritated with the wall building bug.  Often times I'm trying to seal off a cavern *quickly* and Urist McMiner is jacking around either building it while standing on the wrong side of the wall, or finding out he can't build a wall under his feet.
Another option for cavern sealing: dig a channel between two walls, remove the ramps, and carve an access ramp on the fortress side. Repeat as necessary. It doesn't cut off LOS, but it does stop the nastier cavern creatures from walking in.

That's a good tip actually.  Usually my cavern interaction only involves tapping one for water, so most of the time I hit the cavern from above while digging a staircase after which I remove the upward staircase, dig an alternate route, and build a wall between the two.  The only real danger in that situation is a flier getting in should I not be paying attention.  The speed at which this needs to be done is quite often only self-imposed.

flameaway

• Bay Watcher
  • Skeptical Optimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 10:08:16 am »

Deconstruction bug, definately.  But that's because I'm building and tearing down alot.

If I was into militarys the armor spam would bug me to death.
1) What?  Hey! Give me a break; I'm just a complex series of chemical reactions going about my business.

2) Legalize Plump Helmets.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 10:11:55 am »

Equipment issues. Everything else can be worked around/avoided, but dwarfs not wearing their armor is really annoying.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 11:27:21 am »

Giat Cave Spiders  :P

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 04:29:52 pm »

There are no minecarts here. Also, if I recall correctly, it's only dropped minecarts that are capable of hitting creatures through solid floor.

What message are you getting exactly? "The spinning   strikes the miner in the <whatever>, <insert injury here>!" ? If you zoom to the place the announcement was generated, where is it exactly?

idk how he message went exactly but by it seems as if the miners are getting hit by the same rocks they are mining. For instance, I am mining obsidian and I will get messages that my miners are getting hit by spinning obsidian rocks
Pages: [1] 2