Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Evolved: The First Step  (Read 6184 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: The First Step
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 04:34:21 am »

Find the door. (How do we find out skills levels?)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:35:58 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 04:35:31 am »

(No, your not that late so, okay, you're in.)

Just as they stood up, another capsule, labeled "Noctis", shook, and flames appeared just outside and appeared another evolved.

The Evolved from the chamber "Nix" and "Harry", decided to look around for a way out. This room was not like any room in the before time. There seems to be no sign of any conventional door, however, you (referring to all of you to make things easy) find 8 files all labeled with names above the capsules. Also, you see a locker with each of your names. On closer inspection, the lockers seem to be the same from the before time. When you look back at your capsules, you see 5 more, empty, and labeled [FAILED] with their names strangely omitted.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:42:25 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 04:38:01 am »

Harry will look at his file.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 04:41:52 am »

(Sorry for mixing up you and Noctis' name, I'll fix that later)   :-[

The skill levels will use the dice system as stated before, affected by your biological  improvements (such as strong bones for strength, basically anything that everyone thinks will work.), and weapons or armour that you are wielding. Also, your health, a character at full health as a +1 while anything above half of your health is 0, anything below your health is -1. That seem balanced enough?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 04:45:18 am »

Check my file.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 04:49:14 am »

((Seem fine and don't beat youself up about, people get my username wrong all the time, character mix up is small cheese.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 04:57:42 am »

As Nix continued looking for a way out, Harry decided to look at his file

It read:
               NAME:Hunter, Harry
                  EYES:[OMITTED BY REQUEST OF THE DR.]
        PROFESSION: JOURNALIST

Dr. [OMITTED]'s report:

Hunter seems to be doing fine. As recorded with EVO tests Beta, Delta, and Gamma, the Alpha ,too, seem to have developed beneficial side-effects. Hunter is difficult to observe by plain sight so we monitor him with sound waves as heat imaging will not work due to the progenitorial fluid we created blocking off his heat signature.
                  I still remember when he was investigating the EVO project. Poor Harry didn't know what he was getting himself into. When we found him snooping about, we had to get rid of him somehow, and it would be a waste to throw away a perfect specimen.
By the time he wakes up, there will be nothing to report about, and no one to report to. 

I'll post Nix's file after this, I type slow.  :P
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 05:06:42 am »

Nix, after failing to find the door, decides to look at his file.

It read:
                   NAME:Nix [OMITTED BY REQUEST OF SUBJECT]
           PROFESSION: WRITER

Dr. [OMITTED]'s report:

Ah Nix, an ambitious fellow. He couldn't wait to be rid of his imperfections. According to schedule, Nix started growing the "biomorph" enhancement like the rest after approximately 7 weeks post-capsulated. His eyes have shaped differently and, after hiring an optometrist to observe his eyes, it appeared his eyesight is beyond that of eagles! He is promising indeed. The "Industry" could find a use for his talents.
Dying of laughter?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 05:08:01 am »

Break into locker.  Are there any blunt objects nearby?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 05:14:00 am »

Harry look at the file "We shall see, doctor."

Putting it back, Harry shall look for any exits(vents, walls that look weaker than others etc.)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 05:46:16 am »

As Nix looks around for something to bust the locker in, Harry continues the search for any type of exit.
    The only blunt objects you see are metal-cased binders and the metal tubes from inside the chambers. You try breaking it with the binders first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not giving up, Nix tore the metal tubes from his capsule and used them to bash the now weakened locker. It easily broke open.
Inside were a few of Nix's old novels, his ID card, his lab pass and, most importantly, a map of the lab.

Using the map, you find that there is supposed to be a door right next to the 13th chamber, but, after 150 years, they've been bound to renovate. However, the map shows that the lab is on the top floor, so if you could find someway up, you might be able to escape.
Dying of laughter?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 05:53:29 am »

((So I have the metal tube and other stuff in my inventory now, right))?

Keep searching.  For anything of note.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2012, 06:17:00 am »

Open my locker.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 06:31:38 am »

sorry I am  late. Did not know you started yet. The hair was what I looked like before.

I look at my file then I help nix break the lock. I break the lock on my locker.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 06:33:29 am »

((the locker's already open))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8