Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TRAPSTRAPSTRAPS  (Read 1192 times)

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
TRAPSTRAPSTRAPS
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »

Why cant I make any traps? I built aerated discs and the dwarfs appeared to male them.yet when I go to the weapon trap menu ot says I ha e no components? And how do I get refined coal.I used a cheat to get unlimitid steel bars
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

DrTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_RATIONAL_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: TRAPSTRAPSTRAPS
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:39:45 pm »

You make traps at a Mechanics Workshop. You need to make trap components out of them. You get coal by bituminous coal. You might be able to get it by burning wood for coal too.
"I'm just so FUCKIN' HAPPY!"
*throws chair across the room*

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:42:08 pm »

You probably don't have any "mechanisms" to build the weapon trap. You can make these from stone at a Mechanic's Workshop.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:30:10 am »

You can also get fuel by burning lignite at the smelter.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 01:55:00 am »

You probably don't have any "mechanisms" to build the weapon trap. You can make these from stone at a Mechanic's Workshop.
Or from metal bars at a metalsmith's forge.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 11:14:29 am »

When I tell them to male mechanisms at the metalsmith they never do it.if I cancel it and choose...say...serrated discs,they immediately do it.
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 01:09:32 pm »

When I tell them to male mechanisms at the metalsmith they never do it.if I cancel it and choose...say...serrated discs,they immediately do it.

Do you have a dwarf with the mechanic labor activated, who can get to the workshop?

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 03:10:37 pm »

Yes