Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any 4x Space Game Like This?  (Read 3960 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Any 4x Space Game Like This?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »

Aurora?  If you turn NPR off you can expand as much as you want!  And if you know how to use the "Star Master" commands you can add AIs later on to spice things up.  So long as you can deal with the incredible learning curve...

Probably worth mentioning that in the current version, I think there's a bug related to being unable to spawn any NPR (Or spawn a player race that isn't situated on Earth) as the SM, but older versions do have this capability.
That was fixed in 6.2.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 01:39:42 pm »

You could always try Aurora with NPR turned off.  I'm surprised nobody suggested that yet.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 01:42:54 pm »

gimlet, if the focus is still on overpowering an enemy through subterfuge, the focus becomes the enemy rather than exploration, exploiting, and development of society.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 01:43:50 pm »

You could always try Aurora with NPR turned off.  I'm surprised nobody suggested that yet.

I tried Aurora a few times. Never broke the learning barrier. I'll have to try it again. I did pick up Distant Worlds and all of its expansions. Haven't had a moment free to play it though. Hopefully I will tonight.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »

Huh?

Anyways, playing Aurora with NPR and fun stuff turned off totally removes the exterminate(the humans) part of the 4x, till you put em back in.  It may or may not be a too controlled environment, depending on your tastes.

Aurora is still great for what it is, way more detailed.  (Endless pop-up bugs have always been my chief problem with Aurora though.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 [2]