Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Good 3DS games (or soon to be released ones)  (Read 2589 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: Good 3DS games (or soon to be released ones)
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 09:13:58 pm »

Last I heard Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is coming out on 3ds in North America sometime in 2013
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 12:55:03 am »

To clarify with Persona 3DS, if it is coming out, it's not coming out any time soon, there's no announced date or anything, the title is litterally all anyone knows about. Given it had been announced in 2006, it's possible it's stuck in development hell.

In either case, as excited as I am for the possibility of persona on the 3DS, I'd say, while not canceled (for sure), it's almost certainly not "soon to be released".

Other then that I really dunno much about 3DS though so I'll leave you all to your machinations. :P

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 01:33:38 am »

To clarify with Persona 3DS, if it is coming out, it's not coming out any time soon, there's no announced date or anything, the title is litterally all anyone knows about. Given it had been announced in 2006, it's possible it's stuck in development hell.

In either case, as excited as I am for the possibility of persona on the 3DS, I'd say, while not canceled (for sure), it's almost certainly not "soon to be released".

Other then that I really dunno much about 3DS though so I'll leave you all to your machinations. :P
Off topic but about persona the sequel to 3+4 and Arena is being work on for the PS3 it seems so you still have that but yeah there never been a Persona for Nintendo I don't think they start now tbh.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 06:22:07 pm »

Eh, atlus has always been pretty friendly with nintendo, I dunno why not. But we're getting into "I think so" "I think not" so I suppose we'll just have to wait until it shows up to know for sure. :P

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 12:42:50 am »

Last I heard Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is coming out on 3ds in North America sometime in 2013

Yeah, but that's not so much great since at this point, IIRC, they've pretty much removed any chances of online multiplayer, so you're pretty much forced to resort to a local multiplayer.

Great if you have nearby people who play Monster Hunter and have 3DS's.

Not so great if you mainly relied on the internet peoples to play Monster Hunter with.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 02:09:50 am »

REVIVE!

I was wondering if anyone here wants to swap friendcodes? There's going to be quite a number of multiplayer-centric games for the 3ds coming up starting with Animal Crossing and I'd like to wander into other people's worlds and / or beat their face in the next Smash Bros.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 07:38:23 am »

I might, but I need to actually get a 3DS first, I'd gotten other things between this thread and thy revival.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 07:55:42 am »

Sure, just tell me where I can find it xD
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 08:29:45 am »

Need to go game shopping and dust that puppy off.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 09:45:02 am »

On the top bar of the bottom screen is an orange smiley face. That's the friends list. The first one should be your own.

Mine is

Umiman
0490-5141-7094

We need to add each other before it works, so give me a shout if you add me.

Nintendo has been paying a lot of love to the 3DS. The system updates actually improve performance of existing games incrementally (as well as patch bugs) and you get lots of free content and DLC on a weekly basis. Not to mention there's some really nice and meaty games coming out on the horizon so I'd definitely promote the system. Two Shin Megami Tensei games, Smash Bros, more Monster Hunter, Animal Crossing, Rune Factory, etc. I still haven't finished Fire Emblem yet and it's been weeks. Though that's mostly just me trying to 100% all the support conversations and creating an unbeatable Streetpass team. Then once I'm done with that I still have Monster Hunter which I barely even started.

It's pretty funny because the 3D doesn't work for me. My left eye is technically dead so 3D has to be always off or I'd just see a blurry screen (I also have no depth perception). But even without that silly gimmick I think it's a very substantial system that's definitely living up to the legacy of the old DS.

If you guys have any questions about 3DS ownership you can feel free to ask.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 03:00:25 pm »

Also, while its only on the eshop.  Unchained blades is pretty awesome on 3DS.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 10:05:35 pm »

I would but I live in the boonies and my only option for wireless internet would be to hang out at the McDonalds near here. :P

And backing up the (really old) post for monster hunter 3 ultimate, it's still a great game offline and will kill tons of time, and there's local multiplayer if you've got friends interested in it. No doubt that the Wii U version is superior if you've got a Wii U, but if not the 3DS version is hardly bad.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 10:18:41 pm »

Watching thread in the unlikely event that I actually score a 3DS in the future :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2]