Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't seem to choose Leather Shield/Buckler as a part of uniform  (Read 1602 times)

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't seem to choose Leather Shield/Buckler as a part of uniform
« on: December 26, 2012, 12:44:13 am »

If I try to add shield buckler to my uniform, the material choice does not include leather. There's a whole bunch of wood, but no leather. Was this intended or is it a bug?

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't seem to choose Leather Shield/Buckler as a part of uniform
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 01:27:30 am »

i understand this is possible if you choose by colour. although if you also have wood shields, it won't work 100% i suspect (depending on the wood i suppose). but basically, if you only have leather shields and you tell them to equip brown shields, it should work.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 11:47:13 am »

This is why I just say "Use shields!" and don't worry about wood/leather/metal.  The dwarves will upgrade to the best (in their opinion, unfortunately) they can find, after all.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 01:24:19 pm »

It's only highwood that's specifically brown-coloured. Coincidentally, it's also the same density as leather.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 08:02:15 pm »

It's only highwood that's specifically brown-coloured. Coincidentally, it's also the same density as leather.

huh. it's never come up for me, so out of curiosity... what colour exactly are all the other types of wood? 0.o

(i suppose you could also choose to dye the leather for the shields? i dunno, tbh i've never tried to dye leather, only cloth...)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »

It varies. As you can see, most of them display as brown/tan/dark yellow despite having mostly unique colours.

Leather is not dyeable.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.