Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 1587 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 09:19:04 pm »

I got an interesting challenge from the dworacle.
"A grand replica of 9/11 made of silver in a calm temperate brackish pool!"
Also, it would be great if you could please observe the following additional requirements:
accessory: tall tower where your vampire baron resides
accessory: no picks on embark and no mining until the first caravan shows up
relations_with_other_civs: kill all caravans, leaving only one alive for each (even dwarves)
relations_with_other_civs: always buy any logs elves bring with them
restriction: female dwarves may not work
restriction: no quantum dumping

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 09:38:00 pm »

Sorry, it's just been bugging me ever since you added it to your sig.
Why didn't you bring it up before now?
Spelinj isent mai biggist strenght.

That really is interesting. You need to buy all the elves' wood, then kill all but one of them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 10:22:02 pm »

Ehh, couldn't find the right opportunity. Also, your spelling is pretty good, apart from that one word.

Challenge idea: make a burrowed fortress in which dwarves stay in their assigned sections, but don't use burrows. Use minecart tracks with strategically-placed gaps instead. More of a logistical challenge than anything, especially when dealing with items that are always put in containers or moving dwarves between sections.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 10:44:24 pm »

I've heard of people who sometimes divide their fortresses into 2 semi-forts. One contains important people who survive on self sustainability and the other is all the disposable migrants that are drafted into the military.

My idea is to have 3 separate semi-forts:

The first one is entirely above ground and deals with foreign matters (migrants, caravans, sieges etc...)

The second one is entirely below ground and consists of important people who survive on self sustainability.

The third one resides in the caverns (you can use tunnels to connect the 3 cavern layers) and survives off whatever it can and has to deal with the various monsters.

All the semi-forts are allowed no connection other than to give new sacrifices dwarfs to each other.
EDIT: This means that the 1st fort will get weapons from merchants as they will have no access to metals and the 3rd fort will need to use wooden weapons to survive the creatures below.
DOUBLE EDIT: All dwarves must be stripped of all their clothes and possessions before being sent to a different semi-fort.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:25:29 pm by ikachan »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 10:48:37 pm »

I've heard of people who sometimes divide their fortresses into 2 semi-forts. One contains important people who survive on self sustainability and the other is all the disposable migrants that are drafted into the military.

My idea is to have 3 separate semi-forts:

The first one is entirely above ground and deals with foreign matters (migrants, caravans, sieges etc...)

The second one is entirely below ground and consists of important people who survive on self sustainability.

The third one resides in the caverns (you can use tunnels to connect the 3 cavern layers) and survives off whatever it can and has to deal with the various monsters.

All the semi-forts are allowed no connection other than to give new sacrifices dwarfs to each other.

It would be more awesome if you divided them into three factions via loyalty cascades.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 01:25:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...yup. First try, too. There goes my holiday break.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 02:03:44 pm »

Ye gods, what horrors has my post unleashed?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 03:01:58 pm »

Ehh, couldn't find the right opportunity. Also, your spelling is pretty good, apart from that one word.
Thanks.

Challenge idea: make a burrowed fortress in which dwarves stay in their assigned sections, but don't use burrows. Use minecart tracks with strategically-placed gaps instead. More of a logistical challenge than anything, especially when dealing with items that are always put in containers or moving dwarves between sections.
Hm...

Ye gods, what horrors has my post unleashed?
Just an average day in the life of a Dwarf Fortress player.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »

I actually usually do the vampire baron thing anyway.

There was a nifty challenge embark in this thread, but the upload is dead, unfortunately.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 07:23:56 pm »

For those of you who are familiar with the game Angry Birds I thought of possible idea for a project I call "Angry Dwarves". It would involve making a mine-cart cannon and launching dwarves at goblin thieves.
Pages: 1 [2]