Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 1596 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
I'm back!
« on: December 25, 2012, 11:05:15 am »

After a hiatus from playing DF, I'm able to return and requesting a challenge!

Bear in mind that I'm a bit rusty...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 12:19:17 pm »

This is always a great resource of cool ideas to do. There are also many stupid dwarf tricks to do.
Or you could try these maps
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:25:04 pm by ikachan »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 12:20:49 pm »

Welcome back, man!

Challenge: An automated minecart defense system that uses magma in some way.

also, this challenge generator might be of some interest. It generates random building challenges.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 12:32:43 pm »

Challenge: Try out all the new features of the new update of my mod, and tell me which ones are horribly broken :P

Build a magma defense with spawned magma, or a tracktrap using power from the steam engine. :)

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 03:13:34 pm »

Welcome back, man!

Challenge: An automated minecart defense system that uses magma in some way.

also, this challenge generator might be of some interest. It generates random building challenges.
I decided to check out the Challenge GeneratorDF.
The Great Dworacle intones, "You must build, for all dwarvenkind..."
"A grand post-apocalypse urban hellscape made of limestone in an untamed wild tropical coniferous forest!"
Also, it would be great if you could please observe the following additional requirements:
accessory: lava moat
relations_with_other_civs: buy and smelt all metal crafts and -crafts- your civilisation brings with them
restriction: any dwarf that reaches Legendary status must be revered as a god

Alright...magma!Venice in a postapocalyptic form, made of limestone, in a tropical coniferous forest, which buys all low-quality metal crafts the dwarves bring and reveres legendary dwarves as gods. I'm generating a world as we speak...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 03:45:52 pm »

Okay, I've been neglecting my Dwarvenly side lately, but this thread has given me a challenge -- I checked with the Dwarocle and received the following intonation:

"A grand lighthouse made of wood in a calm tropical grassland!"

Also, it would be great if you could please observe the following additional requirements:
accessory: ten thousand figurines for use in tabletop wargaming
accessory: every room must be trapped
relations_with_other_civs: kill all caravans, leaving only one alive for each (even dwarves)
restriction: no tree chopping

This should be ... interesting. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 04:02:56 pm »

Save that one for the next version, and build a lighthouse in the top of a tree.
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 04:13:03 pm »

Here's some I got:

"A grand sewer system made of marble in a joyous wild temperate savanna!"

accessory: water moat
relations_with_other_civs: yearly gifts to your civilisation
relations_with_other_civs: kill all members of your own civilisation except for the starting seven
relations_with_other_civs: bathe the surface in lava
restriction: every dwarf must become a proficient swimmer

"A grand starship made of silver in a serene tropical brackish pool!"

accessory: concrete hell: flatten the surface completely and build floors over it all, including lakes and rivers
relations_with_other_civs: yearly gifts to your civilisat
relations_with_other_civs:
restriction: female dwarves must do all the work
restriction: no kitchen
restriction: no traps

"A grand Giant Robot made of soap in a haunted temperate saltwater river!"

accessory: steam generator
relations_with_other_civs: yearly animal gift for elves
restriction: kill all caravans
restriction: no trading

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 04:39:18 pm »

Wait...no trading and kill all caravans, yet you give gifts of animals to the elves?
...Doesn't say they have to be friendly animals...

Anyways, I've discarded bits of the idea. I found this great major river, over 50 yards across, with plenty of trees and a little tributary. I still intend to make my post-apocalyptic limestone city with magma canals, but I'll be suspending it above the world! I will be doing so with the help of one Atis Ochrescoured, MaG.

Thanks, guys!
Sig

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 04:46:45 pm »

I stopped using the challenge generator after it told me to build goatse out of microcline  :P

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 05:36:35 pm »

I stopped using the challenge generator after it told me to build goatse out of microcline  :P
Some contributions can be done without. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 05:38:49 pm »

Some contributions can be done without. ;)

Like this:

relations_with_other_civs: donate all artifacts to your civilisation
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 06:03:33 pm »

Spell 'Asperger's'.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 08:05:15 pm »

Spell 'Asperger's'.
Okay.
Sig

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 08:33:23 pm »

Sorry, it's just been bugging me ever since you added it to your sig.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: [1] 2