Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Demon Hunters  (Read 5407 times)

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Hunters
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 03:53:37 am »

"Give me ranged"
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 06:12:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 11:06:58 am »

((Sorry I'm a bit late, my computer died on me, and I'm getting it fixed today))

Rufus picks up a robe and puts it on. "I'd pick melee to balance things out a bit, but with my scrawny arms, I doubt I'd be of any use to you. I'll take something ranged."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 11:48:38 am »

The man pulls out an old wooden trunk out from the same closet as the uniforms. First he pulls out a dusty sword in it's sheath. tossing it to Minerva, "That's iron, don't worry if it breaks." Turning to Mob next, He pulls out a small black pistol, tossing it to you. As you look at it, you can definitely tell that you don't know what kind of pistol this is, nor that it's even accessible for public purchase. You do notice however, that each clip appears to have 6 shots, and you were given two clips. "We call that gun a mouse, you'll see why when you use it." He tosses one to Rufus as well. Next, he lifts a shortbow and quiver out of the box, tossing them yet again at Rex. Finally, he picks out a small blocky pistol like item, with very angular designs carved into it as a low blue glow emanates from it. Again, tossing it, to Leranis. "And we call that a glowstick."

"Now, I already know your names, but are there any questions before you head off?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 11:57:08 am »

"Here's a question: What do we know about the demon?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 12:00:39 pm »

"Nope I'm ready to go make a demon bleed protect the world."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

"Well, as I previously said, it's from the first layer, and has been hiding out in that warehouse for years. We have reason to believe it's a simple blood demon, and that he is one of those simple minded types which likes to kill for the thrill of it all." He grins. "Now that your question is out of the way, I feel that it's time to send you off." He leads you five out of the doorway, heading down the hall as you pass by several doors. Eventually you arrive at your destination, a large garage with several vans and such parked throughout it. Other darkshield agents wander the area, some fixing vans while others are just arriving from whatever goal they just finished. The man points out a simple black van, the windows tinted black as well with a large white shield design painted over the back door. You all are filed in and placed on your seats as the man walks away. The driver enters the vehicle now, an old man that has only a scraggly amount of white hair left on his head. His wrinkles showing age, and his coat is clean and new, with the same insignia that stands for the Darkshield organization. He introduces himself in a gruff voice.
"I'm your driver, you don't need to know my name and I don't need to know yours. Understood? Good." With that, he starts up the van, and within minutes you are on the road, The road itself is underground, but eventually you find yourselves on the surface, in a minor port city. The sun is bright as several clouds hover in the sky, making those pleasant shapes that you may or may not have tried to figure out what they are as a kid.

"Alright, I'm not getting any closer than this." the van stops, at an old street without anyone else on it at the time. Several closed businesses line the road showing that nobody is likely to be here either. You can see the warehouse, your destination, it is about a half mile walk inland, a single dusty road coming from it, in a largely barren area with little plant-life and much dried dirt. "I'll be waiting here for when you get back. Here's a hand radio for each of you for contacting Headquarters." He pulls out several hand radios, handing one to each of you. Time to hop off that van and get hunting.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 02:13:03 pm »

Exit the painfully conspicuous van first and take the lead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 02:13:37 pm »

Step out and draw my gun then follow our defacto leader

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 02:21:09 pm »

Rex follows the two who have stepped out of the Van already.  His bow is not yet drawn, as he is hoping for diplomacy.
"Hey, uh, you guys think we could try talking first?"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:22:59 pm by Thecard »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2012, 02:27:40 pm »

"To a demon? A BLOOD demon? Knock yourself out. Unless the demon beats you to it."
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2012, 02:30:22 pm »

"Sweet!  Alright then, don't shoot it unless I somehow manage to piss it off any more than it already is."

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2012, 02:45:53 pm »

Whisper quietly so the mad man doesn't hear

"Anybody else think we're gonna need a new 5th man for the next run?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 02:54:01 pm »

"Probably."
Sig

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 03:07:31 pm »

(I'll assume that everyone gets out and heads to the warehouse.)

You five walk to the warehouse, the windows old and cracked, the walls forgotten and rusted. The main door is almost completely fallen off, and with a slight push the rust crumbles away and it falls down, revealing the inside of this building. It is almost completely a storage area, large crates creating a maze in an otherwise simple layout. You are nearby a metal staircase which leads up to some suspended platforms above, and you can notice in a far corner of the warehouse there are several walled off rooms. Most likely old offices, bathrooms, and spare parts rooms. The suspended platforms do lead to some of these rooms.

Most importantly though, you all can see a large, glowing runic symbol drawn on one of the crates directly in front of you. Before you can react, the wood of the crate seemingly folds away to reveal a small being hidden within it, a little redskinned creature, standing about 3 feet tall, and standing on two legs it has small, useless bat-like wings and a doglike snout, an extremely large underbite on the creature. Its arms are scrawny and weak. It looks up at all of you and snarls.

Well well, it looks like this demon can summon imps.

(From this point onward, everyone on the mission must post for the next round to occur. You all know what imps are, the knowledge being that they are mostly mindless little beings, formed from (usually) spite and flesh, but do not be lulled into a sense of security, as even though they appear weak they usually are cunning and can take on any regular human being. They cannot arrive in this realm upon their own whim, or else there would be imps lining the streets, rather a demon (or human, in rare cases) must summon the imp, commonly leaving them locked away until someone triggers the opening of their prison.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7