Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Demon Hunters  (Read 5404 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Hunters
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 07:30:53 pm »

Alright, we seem to have an ample supply of people to send off to their almost certain dooms.

"Alright, now since I have all of your attention, I believe that I should explain how these missions are going to work, in more detail. You see, we use squads of five, one squad per mission, with some larger missions that require other squads of our organization. You are a new training squad, so your numbers will shift. When you go on a mission you will be given an appropriate weapon. In addition, these missions can have varying goals, so there isn't much guarantee in what you're going to be doing." He crosses his arms. "You don't need to worry about losing a limb, whether severed or crushed, because we have advanced technology, developed by members of the Darkshield family, and other assorted scientists of various creeds." He slightly shifts his balance. "Now, after each mission you may grow to be stronger due to exposure to the further layers, and stronger demons." Basically meaning, after each mission you will be granted 2 additional skillpoints. "I suppose you should decide amongst yourselves which five of you are heading out, then enter the briefing room while the rest of you wait." He points to a map on the wall nearby.

Now that you get a better look, the Darkshield facility appears very classy, red rugs running along the hallways with finely engraved, dark stained wooden walls. The main room has large pillars of wood supporting the ceiling as well as iron statues of knights lined against the walls.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »

"I'll go. What is the mission, sir?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 12:23:13 am »

"I will go too"
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 12:48:45 am »

"Hey, I'd like to go too!"

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 04:11:45 am »

I'll go.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 05:20:07 pm »

"Pick me, pick me!"
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »

You five decide that you will be the first to go, and arrive at the briefing room. Once inside, there are a few chairs with pleasant velvet on them. These are not where you sit, as directed by a classy sign nearby them. No, where you sit is a rickety wooden bench, as if they just took a log, cut it in half and called it a day. The splinters will be as unpleasant as they oh so visibly appear to be. A clean cut man is waiting at a podium, his black hair slicked entirely back as he wears a black suit and red tie. His goatee trimmed to perfection. "Welcome, I assume you're the new recruits? Don't answer that, I already know the answer. You are all here for your mission, already done with training and the like, so that we can just send you right off to do some jobs for us. Now, To the meat of all this." He turns around quickly, pointing to a blackboard. "We have gained knowledge of a simple first layer demon hiding out in a warehouse, within our current realm. It's not just that we don't trust you to leave this realm, it's that you're too weak and we don't trust you. This guy is beyond weak, so he should be enough for you. Now, it does not matter whether you kill this demon, or capture him and bring him back, what matters is that you make it so that this demon is not a threat. This demon has had years in this warehouse however, so be prepared to find things out of the normal, as traps may be abundant." He then turns to a closet door, very faced paced and willing to get you out of here. "Lastly, you all are to be identified as Darkshields, so we took the liberty of getting fresh new uniforms." He swings open a door, puling out a rack of shoddy, used, and torn clothing. The clothing is simple, Black hooded robes with a white insignia of a shield over the heart. "Of course, our experienced hunters got those. You get these."

OOC: This is a cue to grab the uniform, and possible act your characters a bit. Then you'll get a weapon.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »

"Aw, come on boss!  We need equipment more!  We gotta make up for lack of experience somehow!" Rex complains, not yet picking up his tattered robe.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 07:19:44 pm »

Put on the uniform then sit down in a corner on the floor

"We're the new guy's, we don't get good equipment until we've killed a few demons. Deal with it."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:22:14 pm by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 07:48:23 pm »

Grab a robe which looks like it will fit me.

"Shut up, whiner. Should we just put these on over our normal clothes or what?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 08:07:32 pm »

grab one of them
"Hopefully the weapons are in better conditions
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 08:35:52 pm »

The quirky man begins speaking again. "I see you're all content, before we send you off though, we're giving a simple option to you, which weapon would each of you prefer? Melee, or ranged?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 08:38:56 pm »

Ranged

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 08:55:55 pm »

"Melee, like my father, and his father, and so on."
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 10:33:36 pm »

"Ranged, I suppose.  I don't want to get any closer to them than I have to-- especially when this is my only protection."[/i]
Rex reluctantly dons his robe.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7