Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: The Shaping of the Formless Void OOC  (Read 23644 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shaping of the Formless Void OOC
« Reply #420 on: December 29, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »

The deal was made when you were here. Stop being a hyperaggressive, douchy, little idiot kid who gets pissed when they son't look 2 posts back and instead ask stupid questions.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 29, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »

a hyperaggressive, douchy, little idiot kid
Wow, you perfectly described yourself. Good job.

A 15-year old calling someone a kid and generally spewing shit at the slightest provocation. Never thought I'd see this on B12.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 29, 2012, 02:56:48 pm »

A 15-year old calling someone a kid and generally spewing shit at the slightest provocation. Never thought I'd see this on B12.
Oh my god, how are you this stupid?! Go get you mom or dad to help you do this because you are horrible at this.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 29, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »

Oh my god, how are you this stupid?! Go get you mom or dad to help you do this because you are horrible at this.
I don't like it when my hand gets stuck inside the pickle jar

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 29, 2012, 03:09:02 pm »

Why did I draw Madness from the Planet of Madness if the Substances spoiler lists 109 free kilos? Or are all those kilos in the planet?...

Also, why did I get -2 for drawing Law and Violence?

Also also, does changing Target count as a free action or as a regular one?
All the madness is in my creatures, touch them i kick your ass.
Sorry, don't have one. The only ass in my possession is on the guardian that is programmed to self-defend. And I'm going to add more stuff the next turn. So yeah.
Violence is against Law, little obvious there.
Firstly, the -2 was written under 'spheres', not under 'opposed spheres'. Secondly, the opposites would be Violence/Peace and Law/Chaos, not Violence/Law. I can understand -1, but -2 seems a bit too harsh.
Changing targets would be a free action i guess, but you could only change once per turn.
And you became mod wheeen?...

And while I'm here, Mod, how would the attack of my creature work?

The substance spoilers don't show the free stuff floating around, but rather the total of that substance in the universe. For example, Madness is split into a bunch of other stuff but it's nice to keep a total around for comparison with other forces/substances etc. In fact, I'm pretty sure that its slightly less that 109 now, as I think I missed removing some kilo☼ for stuff that was transformed into non Madness things. There are a few other little details as well that need fixing. Generally, it's going to be safest to specify what you want to use for a given action, or I have to randomize it.

You got a -2 for working within a spheres with which you are not aligned. I should have written (spheres slightly opposed). -1 would be if you had a similar, but unaligned sphere. The only ones like that that I can think of off the top of my head are Violence and Destruction currently. You get no penalty for working within your sphere (i.e. if you have the Sphere tag but no bonus). Any +1s or better indicate an even stronger affinity for that Sphere. -2 is the standard penalty for working with a Sphere with which you are not aligned, but which is not strongly opposed to what you are aligned to. Working with a Sphere that you are directly opposed to, i.e. Order +1 trying to effect Chaos would likely be a -4, and even more strongly aligned Spheres might give anything up to -6. Of course, there are all sorts of conditional bonuses/penalties that you can pick along the way. All this may sound pretty harsh, but you gotta remember that I'm using 2d6 for this, so there's a relatively big range. Also, actions can be extremely powerful if successful.

With Violent Hate the Rules of Revenge, I will let you set the target as a free action and one change of target a turn seems reasonable. As to how it attacks, it'll be with rolls  :) . Basically, it will try to harm anything trying to draw power from it or the target, no more, no less. Of course, you can also try to establish new parameters. In game terms, it would likely go for an avatar of the presence doing the drawing, and attempt to damage it. Or, if none were present, the nearest aligned thing to that presence, and, as a last resort, the presence itself. Ethereal things like presences and a few of the things that have been made are pretty hard to hurt with stuff made from ☼, but all things are possible with good rolls. Just not as possible as potential beatdown Violent Hate the Rules of Revenge can bring against actual stuff made of ☼.

I should be posting the racial turn and spoiler update toady, but plans have changed slightly. With this game now supporting 13 players, 10 races, five universal shards, two cosmic entities and a rift that wants to be nice while it devours you all, I have had to abandon the idea that I can keep track of all this without resorting to properly organized Pnakotic Archive notes and *shudders* spreadsheets. So today I'm putting together all that, making various documents with all the turns archived, spreadsheets and procrastinating by trying to draw the various shards in Paint (this is not going well). Consider it some long term investment in the game. Basically, it should help me run turns much more smoothly. Also, I don't know what everyone else's experience with putting together giant posts on this forum is (especially when you've got a ton of tabs open with other giant posts), but I get worried every time I  hit preview these days, and more than once in past games I've lost hours of work to a 504, 503 or the dreaded database error). I know that it's superstitious to believe that these will more often when you have the largest number of words to lose, but it's true, dammit. Anyway, once I'm done with this it'll be easier for me to run things.

Finally, I'm loving the shifting alliances and plotting. Almost a game unto itself between turns, just like diplomacy. Oh god, the memories of when I played a six player Risk:Mythology game with Diplomacy style metagame between turns. There are no sweeter words than, right at the endgame when your loyal, turtling bastard of an ally is poised to sweep over all Europe with that army that's been building all game, "I sink Atlantis". Just keep it friendly.       
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 29, 2012, 03:10:54 pm »

Just reading the last few ten or so post, I say again, in a LOUD VOICE, keep it friendly. Nobody wants this held up by a spate of bans.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 29, 2012, 03:14:11 pm »

My comment was friendly.....

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 29, 2012, 03:24:11 pm »

Ah whatever, after i destroy the Violent Hate rule of revenge that'll be the last destruction i do for a while.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 29, 2012, 03:26:08 pm »

Ok, seriously, we're getting a fight in B12 of all places?

Everyone knows we settle this by trial of dwarf combat.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 29, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

Ok, seriously, we're getting a fight in B12 of all places?

Everyone knows we settle this by trial of dwarf combat.
Derm from Towersoared is my champion, then.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 29, 2012, 03:34:06 pm »

I can has exploity danger room legendary +5 everything super soldier?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 29, 2012, 03:46:52 pm »

I'm hoping we can resolve this peacefully.

GM, why not just list what's in each shard? Like I'm doing in The Art of Minimalism IV.

Incidentally, we need some sort of plan. We don't want to create a snarl. First question: One world or many?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 29, 2012, 04:08:15 pm »

1 VERY massive world on which a portion of all the races live upon. But we also keep seperate planets for the main portion of each race.
Basically we have 1 incredibly huge planet (to prevent wars breaking out ever 10 minutes) and like 1/10 the current population of each race is placed on the planet.
Each race also has their homeplanet on which the majority of the population lives.

How about that?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 29, 2012, 04:08:57 pm »

I'd actually have to make a species first, but that seems good.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 29, 2012, 04:09:39 pm »

Sounds good. I already have my own planet and race.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34