Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.  (Read 20817 times)

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MasterworkDF V.2a - Official Succession Fort.
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2013, 04:22:12 pm »

Got most of the way through winter and hit a crash, will probably get the update in later tonight.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2013, 08:13:44 pm »

If you type in quicksave in dfhack, you get exactly what it says. I do that a lot.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2013, 08:16:43 pm »

That is a thing I did not know, I will do so from now on.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 06:58:52 am »

If you type in quicksave in dfhack, you get exactly what it says. I do that a lot.
i did not know this. thanks for sharing!

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 08:41:48 am »

i did not know this. thanks for sharing!

Typing "ls" on DFhack shows you a list of all commands and a brief explanation of each one.
It's great the amount of useful things you can find  :D

A useful not-cheating one:
"cleanowned" to make unused XxsocksxX (and other xclothesx) lose their ownership and be able to dump them instead of litter your fortresses.
Also helps with military equipment that for some reason remains owned when they shouldn't

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2013, 11:10:09 pm »

Panopticon's journal,

Winter is uneventful, the recovery of the caravan goods went without incident and other projects proceed, I have extended the great hall and caused a waterfall through the area to please the diners, we could probably use more chairs and tables though.

It is the middle of Winter now and Thompsk has been found dead, completely drained of blood. No one has any idea who is doing this.

Thompsk was well liked it seems, Vucar the miner has been stricken by melancholy and cannot finish his beer, others choose the more traditional method of fist fighting to deal with their grief.

On the surface, our guard dogs and golem kill Gnolls and Orc sneaks, in the dining room a presser goes berserk.

It is now Spring, and thus ends my tenure a overseer, we are slightly better off than we were last year, but the rot still consumes me, I attend the year end party in hopes of cheering up.

Finally done! Sorry about the delay folks. Whoever is next has a nascent tantrum spiral to think about, also may want to make another set of greaves for the mayor and consider the design flaws of my water storage system (I promise I didn't do it on purpose, but it isn't going to ruin anything quickly)

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7280

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:29 am »

Me? Dead ? Nioooooooooooooooooooo!

Yeah you started rotting for some reason and the medic couldnt extract all the infected tissue.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2013, 12:38:12 pm »

Excellent! I shall get to playing this as soon as possible.

OK I have two errors:

Cannot produce: Wood Wood2 Cage
Cannot produce: Trapparts

What?

Update: I've changed the font back to curses, so I can finally get to understanding what's going on (except the stone type has gone all å and the like). It looks like a large number of dwarves are unhappy, including some legendary ones. I'm going to complain about it, but I'm going to complain about it from my dwarf's point of view. Brace thyselves...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:21:32 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2013, 03:32:18 pm »

So far, my rotting hasn't seemed to keep me from doing anything. The near constant tragedy of living in the fort though has put my dwarf to miserable status. Not that this is unusual, pretty much everyone has been having a bad time, and the vampire in there is ensuring that people don't get better.

We are safer from outside attack now, and have more members than when I started, other than that we are basically in the same spot.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2013, 04:41:22 pm »

I would say "make a dormitory" to find the vampire, but with peoples happiness that low loosing their rooms might do more harm then good.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »

Heh, having rooms might be a good idea. I was more focused on getting the fort secured a bit and neglected to dig out rooms. So a dormitory is still an option.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2013, 06:49:04 pm »

Given that practically everyone has been drinking stagnant or contaminated water, or in some cases vomit, I can just go through the list of dwarves to find the vampire. Do vampires need to drink water or alcohol in Masterwork?

Edit: Someone likes "unknown frozen creature substance". This might be a bug with the raws?

Edit2: How have booze levels been in this fortress?

"Shade" cannot remember the last time he had anything to drink. Additionally, his age is 62. His mother is 72. (However, dwarves become adults at 5 years old in this version).

The current mayor has gone without a drink for far, far too long, and arrived at the fortress on 21st slate. She is 88 years old, and her sixth eldest son is 83, which is suspicious. She has 13 children, with eight sons and five daughters... additionally, her deity cursed a certain Lolor Fissuremeshes to prowl the night a long time ago. She has no thoughts about eating, drinking, or sleeping, and since she has no rooms assigned this should have produced some bad thoughts. She is also miserable... I do not want a berserk vampire on my hands, so I think I'll draft her into fighting the local wildlife.

(scrawled note at the bottom of Fortress' Facebook wall: Or dealing with riots and berserk dwarves)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:33:02 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Absolutis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2013, 02:38:23 am »

I want to be dorfed. "Absolutis", something military. Gender doesn't matter.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2013, 06:11:30 pm »

I want to be dorfed. "Absolutis", something military. Gender doesn't matter.

The tantrum spiral is in progress now; pics coming (including the kitten knocked halfway across the courtyard by a berserk farmer). We have a dwarf brooding darkly. I'm going to let chaos play itself out as the vampire mayor slips deeper into the chaos engulfing the fortress of Cavernousinch. For reasons of lore and !!FUN!!, the fortress is just going to be in a state of chaos until more migrants arrive. When migrants arrive, I'll start dwarfing people.

This is one of the few times I've had to deal with such a situation; normally my forts have a high level of happiness.

Update: We have a bone bin produced by the brooding dwarf, and there are centaurs outside.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:21:21 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:56 pm »

No one gets to complain when I take a long time now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10