Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: ROLL TO GM  (Read 33876 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GM
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »

Look, no shivving. That's probably illegal.
...Oh, right, Robama...
It also doesn't preserve American values of democracy like killing Robama before he can be President-For-Life does.
The mighty, beautiful shiv, symbol of ingenuity and survival in times of hardship, is a core part of True American Values, dontcha know? You are becoming what you have fought all along! Fight it, GWG, don't become the oppressor!
That's kinda stupid. Shivs are a symbol of prisons. You're implying that America is a big prison. Want a better example of US Ingenuity and Survival in Times of Hardship? The M1 Abrahms.

Anyways.

Use TARDIS to go to the future, get healed with future medicine, go back to right before Robama dodges, and place a long, sharp object in his path. Then run on a platform which explains the advantages of a time-travelling president, like being able to predict dangers before they happen.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »

Use TARDIS to go to the future, get healed with future medicine, go back to right before Robama dodges, and place a long, sharp object in his path. Then run on a platform which explains the advantages of a time-travelling president, like being able to predict dangers before they happen.
>Go to where GWG is at.
>Assist if I can be vice-president
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2012, 08:52:07 pm »

>Go to where GWG is at.
>Assist if I can be vice-president
Certainly!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 31, 2012, 08:53:43 pm »

I will assist if I can be secretary of state.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2012, 09:11:53 pm »

I will assist if I can be secretary of state.
Why not?
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »

GM again? Okay, I'm ready.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 31, 2012, 09:36:58 pm »

If you want shivs to be patriotic, go to Australia.

Also, I actually want to change my action.
Run for prime minister of Canada.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 31, 2012, 10:30:53 pm »

Beat slayerhero so hard he can never GM again.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2013, 04:56:13 am »

erm..... Kill something?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2013, 06:14:17 am »

That's kinda stupid. Shivs are a symbol of prisons. You're implying that America is a big prison. Want a better example of US Ingenuity and Survival in Times of Hardship? The M1 Abrahms.

Sure, but you can't disregard the creativity and artistry employed in certain shivs, or prison weapons in general. Both of our examples are weapons used to kill or deter people, but I do believe that the humble shiv is a better example of individual ingenuity. Name an object available in prison. You can bet that somebody figured out a way to use this object to harm and kill people. That's ingenuity - taking available things and repurposing them for something completely different, all in the name of continued survival.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:45:53 am by Harry Baldman »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2013, 06:47:54 am »

True, a shiv is a symbol of innovation.
And if there's one thing car commercials have taught me, it's that America loves innovations.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2013, 10:54:30 am »

Sure, but you can't disregard the creativity and artistry employed in certain shivs, or prison weapons in general. Both of our examples are weapons used to kill or deter people, but I do believe that the humble shiv is a better example of individual ingenuity. Name an object available in prison. You can bet that somebody figured out a way to use this object to harm and kill people. That's ingenuity - taking available things and repurposing them for something completely different, all in the name of continued survival.
Do you really want America symbolized by something that is only used by the dregs of society, washed up in the prisons of the world? And, by the way, not an American invention? That implies that we steal ideas from other times and places to try and remake ourselves in a slightly better ditch. No! That is not America! We are the most powerful nation in the world, not the world's petty thief or druggie! We deserve to be represented by a pinnacle of American technology, not a random something that happens to be sharp!
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2013, 10:59:01 am »

That implies that we steal ideas from other times and places to try and remake ourselves in a slightly better ditch.

Isn't that what everyone does? After all, there is nothing new under the sun. Besides, while tanks run out of fuel and rust with age, a true good-quality shiv is something you can pass down for generations, an elegant weapon from a more civilized age. Nothing beats a good shiv. Also, unlike tanks, shivs are fun for the whole family, and who can say that America does not treasure family values? No one, I say!

Also, think of it this way - in the great prison that is the world, where all the countries are prisoners, the USA is a stab above the rest, and the USA can dictate the fates of the other countries, because, while there are probably bigger, faster or tougher convicts, none can beat the USA.

For you see, the USA is the one with the shiv.

We deserve to be represented by a pinnacle of American technology, not a random something that happens to be sharp!

EDIT: Also, a shiv is anything but random. It is the product of planning, hard work and great subtlety. The genesis of a shiv happens long before the actual sharpening part, and it is an involved, artful process.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:20:11 am by Harry Baldman »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2013, 11:09:05 am »

That implies that we steal ideas from other times and places to try and remake ourselves in a slightly better ditch.
Regardless, that is kinda what we do.  Did you miss the whole "manifest destiny" bandwagon?  Or that one time we shared blankets with the Indians? (That idea, by the way, was stolen from eighteenth century Europe, back when plague was rampant.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2013, 11:18:47 am »

Isn't that what everyone does? After all, there is nothing new under the sun.
Toady would probably be offended by that. And Microsoft, or whoever made the first PCs. And just about every other inventor.

Besides, while tanks run out of fuel and rust with age, a true good-quality shiv is something you can pass down for generations, an elegant weapon from a more civilized age. Nothing beats a good shiv.
Shivs break, like every other weapon. Like every other improvised weapon, shivs break pretty easily. Oh, and tanks can be maintained pretty well if you know what you're doing. Obsoletion is more of a problem.

Also, unlike tanks, shivs are fun for the whole family, and who can say that America does not treasure family values? No one, I say!
...Remind me to avoid your parties.

Also, think of it this way - in the great prison that is the world, where all the countries are prisoners, the USA is a stab above the rest, and the USA can dictate the fates of the other countries, because, while there are probably bigger, faster or tougher convicts, none can beat the USA.
For you see, the USA is the one with the shiv.
Well, that requires a VERY specific metaphor; the shiv doesn't imply that the whole world is a prison, you know, it just implies that America is a prisoner.

Regardless, that is kinda what we do.  Did you miss the whole "manifest destiny" bandwagon?  Or that one time we shared blankets with the Indians? (That idea, by the way, was stolen from eighteenth century Europe, back when plague was rampant.)
We also invent new stuff. Besides, even if it's true, do you really want to proclaim with all your pride, "We steal inventions from other people!"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15