Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: ... said no dwarf ever.  (Read 21046 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: ... said no dwarf ever.
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2013, 07:56:49 pm »

"Crap, enemy at the Gates! Better run back into the Gates, don't want to have them chasing me helter-skelter all over the open ground!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2013, 11:05:11 pm »

"What the heck am I supposed to do with all this magma?"
"We may be married, but let's not have any kids."
"I think I'll shave today."
Sanity is for the weak.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2013, 03:47:22 am »

Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2013, 04:12:47 am »

"I think if I put a floor on that spot the undead in the pit would stop bothering me."
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2013, 07:42:49 am »

"Wow... I better get back to the fort since the panic bell is ringing.  I'll just come back and get these items once it's all clear."
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2013, 08:05:37 am »

'Hmmm... Y'know, i shot that deer up pretty thoroughly, and now it's collapsed in pain.  Maybe I don't really NEED to walk a kilometer and a half back to the fort, when I could just take a few steps and put it out of its misery."
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2013, 01:02:43 am »

"Urist McAccuse has accused a lot of people for those mysterious murderings with drained blood, also i always found weird that he killed a million things over 500 years ago."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2013, 10:35:04 am »

I should retreat when ordered to so I don't get cut off from the fortress.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2013, 12:45:14 pm »

"It would be rude of me to reach under my dress, tear off my old thong, and drop it right here in the drinks stockpile where all these other Dwarves are drinking.  I'll go get a new one and change in my bedroom."
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2013, 08:31:28 pm »

The Adventures of Urist McStrategist
"The Goblins are all riding cowardly creatures. I should take advantage of this and scare them into traps or off the map. No use in running around for weeks!"
"The Goblins are all riding aggressive creatures. We have dozens of tamed cavern creatures, maybe we should ride them bravely into battle instead of running right at giant creatures with goblins on top."
"I am about to take on 8 goblins by myself, but I am an elite swordsdwarf. But even still, I probably shouldn't expose my back to 6 of them by charging the one at the very back of the group first."
"I have a cut on my hand, but I'll live. I should keep fighting so that my comrades don't all fall in battle"
"I have been given a kill command. There he is over there. I should run straight to him, instead of where he was when I was ordered to kill him. I mean, that would just be silly"
"I should probably wear full armour.... Especially a helmet. Don't want my skull bashed in!"
"I have been told to wear leather armour due to lack of access to metal, but we DO have a copper shield at hand. I should probably use that, as opposed to nothing."
"I have been stationed here at the fort's only entrance due to there being a necromancer around. I should make sure I have the KEENEST OF SENSES. That way, when we stand 3 tiles apart, the necromancer won't be able to sneak through."
"I am the most heavily armoured, best trained, and strongest dwarf in the fortress and a large beast has been spotted. I should probably help the 15 recruit dwarves about to take it on. I'll leave this drink/sleep/hauling/randomly being a dick/eating until afterwards. After all, if I die, I won't need it anyway."
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2013, 12:26:13 am »

"DEAR ARMOK A TREE FELL ON THE WAGON"

... yet. I look forward to the day when a storm with high winds hits and suddenly you have trees caving in your structures. (This is not recent personal experience, no way. Wagon is certainly not replacing car. Cerrrrtainly not. HELP ME THE TREES ARE HAVING A FREAKING RAVE PARTY AND THE WIND IS HOWLING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:54 am »

"Hi, I'm Momuz, and I'm an alcoholic."

"Cat tallow biscuits?  No thanks, I'm on a diet."

"I'm sleepy, but not entirely exhausted yet.  I think I'll go to bed anyways, instead of picking up that rock 3 kilometers from the gate.  It'll still be there in the morning."
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

noc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2013, 02:53:43 am »

"Hey there migrants, I know you're all excited to move in and all, but I'm just not sure we're exactly ready to accept 12 cheesemakers into our fortress."

... said no mayor ever.
Best person on Bay12Forums: Link

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2013, 06:04:46 am »

"As a mason, I realize there is half a mountain's worth of stone piled in front of my door in a quantum stockpile, maybe I should use some of that to make this hatch cover and not that chunk of granite down 100 z-levels under the foot of a skinless FB..."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:08:07 am by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2013, 07:59:30 am »

"As angry as I may feel, breaking the bridge that the children are playing on is a rather horrifying idea, and I feel sick for considering it."
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13