Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: ... said no dwarf ever.  (Read 21029 times)

Krawdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ... said no dwarf ever.
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 01:32:10 am »

"I should stop pumping water before I get swept away."

"Blocking this attack is a better idea than dodging into the moat."

"My favorite wooden training axe isn't doing much damage, I should switch to the masterwork steel axe I've been assigned."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 01:45:14 am »

"I've been hunting all day, I should go to my room so I don't get eaten by wolves in the night."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Apricotius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 02:07:41 am »

"You know, I much prefer buying ethically felled timber from the Elves rather than ruining the beautiful forests outside."

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 03:46:32 am »

"I am the manager, the broker and the exp leader. I can stand not having an office, I'll be happy the same!"
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 07:33:11 am »

"I will engrave this wall with pictures of Dwarfs slaying titans !"
"I want to ensure that i still have my pants on when i fight these goblins!"
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 08:11:54 am »

"We should all learn to swim before leaving, since we're going somewhere with a river."
Black lives matter.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

"I should probably make sure I'm not digging the floor out from under me."

"I should make sure that there are no dwarves still in the room I'm about to collapse."

"I should really use my steel axe instead of just punching this goblin."

"Maybe I should stand to the side of the minecart before I push it."

"The stone in this stone-fall trap has fallen. That means that someone is inside! I must try to find the thief before he steals something!"

"I should wait for my much stronger militia members so we can kill this beast together by overwhelming it."

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 10:22:48 am »

"The fortress is under attack? I'll just get some ammunition for my crossbow before heading into battle then."

"That monster may be scary but we're completely safe behind these fortifications."

"OH GOD HELP I'M ON FIRE SOMEONE PUT ME OUT"

"I know I'm the world's best fisherdwarf, but maybe the new fortress in the middle of the desert doesn't really need my skillset."

"We love nobles and really care for their wellbeing."

"No, I can't decorate this solid gold statue with pieces of cheap cloth and costume jewellery, it just wouldn't look right."

"Let's engrave lots of happy scenes that people actually want to see!"
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 10:47:36 am »

I should make sure this wagon is not going to fall in the river in seconds.

If we fight the goblins here, then we can use the marksdwarves to provide support and the goblins can't properly overwhelm us.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 10:52:49 am »

"its already bleeding to death, better save the rest of my bolts just in case"

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2013, 11:32:47 am »

"Better put my baby down instead of wading into battle with it hanging over my shield like this!"

"I've wrestled this zombie for days now, broken both of its legs and have made it essentially harmless, it would be perfectly reasonable to head home for a break instead of continuing until I pass out form exhaustion!"

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2013, 12:03:20 pm »

"Let's kill the GCS before trying to recover the single dwarf that had been poisoned, so that I won't became webbed and be poisoned by said GCS"
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »

"The big scary OHGOD is chasing me.  I better run *towards* the fortress entrance with the 14 rows of traps and 6 marksdwarves"

"I just got emergency conscripted by the military 'cause there's some OHGOD or another attacking the fort.  I better use this woodcutting axe that's in my hand right now rather than dropping it or running down to the armory."
in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 12:48:07 am »

"...Y'know, using lead to craft barrels for storing drinks might not be very sanitary."
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 02:20:40 am »

"You know, I REALLY hate flies. But considering I am the only miner left alive after the cave-in I'll just work really hard even though I spotted a single, harmless fly in the food stockpile. Because really, running around the expedition leader for a year until he can hear my whinings is just silly."

"So we are somehow completely out of booze. Maybe I'll get back to work and brew us some instead of take a loooong break and afterwards take a whole month drinking nasty river water. Both because my comrades would appreciate it, and my own drink would feel better."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13