Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maldita Castilla  (Read 556 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Maldita Castilla
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:46:43 am »

Ghosts 'n Goblins anyone? This game is really well made and fun! Here's the description on the website, the website link, and some screenshots. Definitely worth checking out, it's free as well.

http://www.locomalito.com/maldita_castilla.php

The lament of a young witch has been turned into a key for demons. Guide Don Ramiro through the cursed lands of Tolomera and expel the evil that entered the Kingdom of Castile.

Maldita Castilla (Cursed/damn Castile) is an action arcade game full of myths from Spain and the rest of Europe. The graphic style is raw, made pixel by pixel with a limited color palette, like in the old days, and displayed through a dirty old monitor effect. Also, Gryzor87 composed the music emulating the Yamaha YM2203 sound chip, so that the game has real arcade sound.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've spent a good amount of time playing this but I still can't get past the second level. I admit I'm terrible at Ghost 'n Goblins and this too, apparently, but the game doesn't seem like it's too difficult once you get the hang of it (which I haven't yet).