Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!  (Read 19743 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2012, 08:26:46 am »

(( Ok thanks.
Happy Christmas everyone. ))

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2012, 02:35:45 pm »

I will probably  post a turn later tonight if Gamerlord dose his action. If not, it will definitely
post one tomorrow. 

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2012, 10:16:53 pm »

In combat like this, if I don't post for a while, just auto me to KILLKILLKILL

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2012, 03:23:09 am »

Turn 9: Friendly Fire

Amy Stanton

Amy continued to fire as she fell back toward the bridge, covering Leon's retreat.

Amy dropped down -as safely as possible, given the cirumstances - into the warp core room and fired upwards, attempting to prevent the aliens from getting into it.
After shaking  her head to make the stars go away. Amy looked ahead, where the the explosion was,
and saw the huge hole that led too the warp core room. She knew that she needed to act. She knew
that if they got there, and started melting random bits off the core, they could blow the hole ship
straight to hell! Without a ounce of hesitation, she sprinted too the pit, and then jumped down.
( Dexterity Roll: 2 +1 ) She landed on her feet, but the impacted made lose her balance, and fall over.
Stingspiders were now looking down at her from the floor above, and before she could stand up they
started spiting globs of green goo her way.
( Dexterity Roll: 4 +1 vs Weapon Use Roll: 2 and Weapon Use Roll: 5 ) She rolled out of the
path of the first glob easily, and the second by a mere inch. It melted a large clump of her black hair.
She rolled onto her back, and fired up at her enemy's, she was not going to let them get away with
destroying her hairdo! (  Weapon Use Roll: 1 +1 vs  Dexterity Roll: 6 and Dexterity Roll: 2 ) The
explosion must have done more damage then she thought, because their was no way that she was
that bad of a shot before all this. She missed both of her shots by a mile.

Simon Tallage

Wake up?

Hell, clotting worked.

( Endurance Roll: 3 -1 ) The pain kept him asleep

Johann von Moltke.

Stabilize Simon then help him to wake up then perform a med check on him.
Once done drop all but the laser rifle, 2 pistols and the tools from my suit and head back to the doorway.

"Ladies and gentleman that is how to kill an alien the bad ass way and Amy, you throw like a girl!!!!"

(( I can't believe the luck on some of my rolls lol, does stabilizing him wake him up as well? ))

"Can someone please get that?" Asked Moltke, before he ran too the mess hall, shooting the first alien
he saw." ( Weapon use Roll: 2 +2 vs Dexterity Roll: 2 ) Hot beams of flaming death hit the creature in
the midsection, ( Endurance Roll: 1 ) Killing it instantly.

Dr Leon S Malard.

Stabilize Simon then help him to wake up then perform a med check on him.
Once done drop all but the laser rifle, 2 pistols and the tools from my suit and head back to the doorway.

"Ladies and gentleman that is how to kill an alien the bad ass way and Amy, you throw like a girl!!!!"

(( I can't believe the luck on some of my rolls lol, does stabilizing him wake him up as well? ))

Not wanting the man he heroically saved to die of blood loss, before he could tell everyone how
awesome he was. Leon bandaged Simon's arm wound, and then gave him a few blood thickeners
to stop the bleeding. After he was satisfied that Simon was not going to die at any second, he
finally decided that it was time to dropped some of excess equipment that was weighing him down.
He then walked over too the doorway.

Sean O'Driscoll

"DIE ALIENS, DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!" Screamed Sean, as he charged straight too the monsters waiting
jaws. Shooting balls of hot plasma as he moved. ( Weapon Use Roll: 1 vs Dexterity Roll: 4 )
Sean found out the hard way that randomly firing a gun in every direction was not a good idea,
as one of the plasma balls flew straight too his captain. ( Dexterity Roll: 3 ) It splattered onto Johann's
leg, ( Endurance Roll: 4 ) and burned a chunk of his thigh clean off! He then fell to the ground,
screaming in pain.

( Johann's leg is wounded! -1 to all of his dexterity rolls until it is healed. )

Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

"No offense, Doc, but maybe I should answer the hail? You seem a bit excited there. Besides, look, there's more aliens to shoot! Somebody's gotta kill 'em, you know."

Answer the hail if Leon permits it. Make sure we're not on a direct course for something nasty while I'm at it.
With the captain gone, and Leon still unconscious, Stanislaw figured that he should answer whoever
was calling them. ( Intelligence Roll: 4 ) It took him some time, but he managed to turn on the
universal translator, and to get the video call to show up on the view screen. What he saw on it
terrified him. On the screen was a oozing pile of purple flesh. Seemingly random body part's sprouted
out of it's round slimy core, And long tentacles connected it to the its ship. The walls of  said ship
were mostly grey, and metallic, but there were parts of it covered in the same purple substance.

"we we WE Greeeeeet you human HUMAN, We are the children of the Urtell.!"

( You are now communicating with a alien life form. You can say three different things to it a turn.
  They will be answered in the order they are listed. )

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2012, 03:34:18 am »

Hold my position in the doorway, mow down the first alien I spot with the laser rifle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2012, 03:44:57 am »

Happy that it was only her hair that got melted and not any of her actual skin, Amy continued to fire at the spiders and made ready to dodge and further incoming attacks.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2012, 03:50:47 am »

Stan briefly glanced at the horrifically dismembered Simon on the floor. Poor Simon. First non-hostile contact with an alien and he's too dismembered and mutilated to see it. Oh well. Maybe next time.

"Uh, let's see... hello, children of Urtell! As you already seem to know, we're humans. However, we have no idea what this Urtell place or person is. Would you mind enlightening us on the subject? Who are you, where are you from, exactly?"

Stan hoped he was doing this right. Wouldn't want to spark an interstellar conflict on his first day on the job.

Ask questions. Hopefully receive answers as well.

((By the way, Stan has 2 in both intelligence and charisma, so he should get a +1 to both, no?))
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:49:04 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2012, 09:05:06 am »

Wake up for real this time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2012, 12:19:04 pm »

Give Amy covering fire from the area by the hole leading to the warp core, unless there are any aliens on my level which are hostile that I can see

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2012, 08:12:45 pm »

Turn 10: Will it just die!

Dr Leon S Malard

Hold my position in the doorway, mow down the first alien I spot with the laser rifle.

Leon spotted the alien that was trying to kill Amy, it was time for him to kick ass, and chew bubble gum.
( Weapon Use Roll: 2 vs Dexterity Roll: 2 ) Multitasking just wasn't his thing .

Amy Stanton

Happy that it was only her hair that got melted and not any of her actual skin, Amy continued to fire at the spiders and made ready to dodge and further incoming attacks.
"Come on amy, get your shit together!" She berated herself as more blasts came out of her gun.
( Weapon Use Roll: 3 +1 vs Dexterity Roll: 2 ) She did not let herself down, red death pounded her
target. ( Endurance Roll: 6 ) But it barely even noticed it, as the beast began its counter attack.
( Weapon Use Roll: 4 vs Dexterity Roll: 6 ) Amy rolled onto her feet, and out of the way of the slime.

Simon Tallage

Wake up for real this time.
( Endurance Roll: 3 -1 ) Simon was in a really deep sleep.

Johann von Moltke

Give Amy covering fire from the area by the hole leading to the warp core, unless there are any aliens on my level which are hostile that I can see

( Endurance Roll: 2 ) The pain from his leg was to much for the captain, all he could do was scream
in agony.

Sean O'Driscoll

"Are you dead yet? No, then DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE YOU ALIEN BASTARD!" More balls of plasma
flew through the air, ( Weapon Use Roll: 1 vs Dexterity Roll: 6 ) and more headed straight too the
captain. ( Dexterity Roll: 1 ) A ball hit his head. ( Endurance Roll: 6 ) But it only gave him a cut on his
cheek.

Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

Stan briefly glanced at the horrifically dismembered Simon on the floor. Poor Simon. First non-hostile contact with an alien and he's too dismembered and mutilated to see it. Oh well. Maybe next time.

"Uh, let's see... hello, children of Urtell! As you already seem to know, we're humans. However, we have no idea what this Urtell place or person is. Would you mind enlightening us on the subject? Who are you, where are you from, exactly?"

Stan hoped he was doing this right. Wouldn't want to spark an interstellar conflict on his first day on the job.

Ask questions. Hopefully receive answers as well.

((By the way, Stan has 2 in both intelligence and charisma, so he should get a +1 to both, no?))
( Charisma Roll: 4 +1 ) " You seem to have me at a disadvantage, You know of use, but we know
nothing of you. Could you tell use who you are, and wear you came from. We wish to know more
about you, and your people, and to learn how we can create peace, and friendship between our
two species."

"Request accepted, ACCEPTED. We come from the Urtell home pla-aaa-aaanet
called Nulan. We are organic machines created by the urtell. We are programed to adapted, expand,
and to grow, GROW GROW!"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »

Shoot the alien dead damn it.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:38 pm »

Repeat action

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:53 pm »

Hm, so they're not even the actual aliens, but rather their artificial minions. Good to know. Now, to make this as official as possible...

"On behalf of humanity, dear Children of Urtell, I propose that we enter a mutual pact of nonviolence. Is this acceptable to you? And are there any Urtell on your ship? If not, where are they?"

Propose pact of nonviolence. Ask CoU questions afterwards if the mood doesn't go too sour.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2012, 08:28:17 pm »

Amy, undaunted, continued to fire at the aliens aboard the ship. They had to die sometime.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2012, 08:48:00 pm »

For god's sake. KILL IT NOW YOU FREAKIN PIECE O'CRAP DICE YOU!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20